Policy Reform, Market Stability, And Food Security; Proceedings Of A Conference Of The International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium
Contact for this paper: Laura Bipes, Department of Applied Economics, University of Minnesota, 1994 Buford Avenue, 232 ClaOff, St. Paul, MN 55108. This volume contains the main papers that were presented at an IATRC symposium which focused on Policy Reform, Market Stability, and Food Security. It was held June 26-27, 1998 in Alexandria, Virginia and was co-sponsored by the Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy, Department of Applied Economics, University of Minnesota. Papers included are: Asian Economic Crisis and the Long-Term Global Food Situation, by Mark Rosegrant and Claudia Ringler; The New Policy Environment for Food Aid: The Challenge of Sub-Saharan Africa, by Cheryl Christensen; Poverty and Undernutrition in South Asia, by T.N. Srinivasan; The Macro Dimensions of Food Security: Economic Growth, Equitable Distribution, and Food Price Stability, by Peter Timmer; World Food Markets and Food Security: Uncertain Connections, by Robert Paarlberg; International Price Instability in Cereals Markets and a Market Based Scheme for Developing Country Cereal Imports, by Alexander Sarris; On Reform, Food Prices, and Poverty in India, by Martin Ravallion; The Contribution of Food Aid to Stable Food Consumption, by Christopher Barrett; A Role of Capital Markets in Natural Disasters: A Piece of the Food Security Puzzle, by Jerry Skees
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://iatrcweb.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Louis Kaplow, 1989.
"Incentives and Government Relief for Risk,"
NBER Working Papers
3007, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neil A. Doherty, 1997. "Financial Innovation in the Management of Catastrophe Risk," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 10(3), pages 84-95.
- David M. Cutler & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1997.
"Reinsurance for Catastrophes and Cataclysms,"
NBER Working Papers
5913, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hogarth, Robin M & Kunreuther, Howard, 1989. "Risk, Ambiguity, and Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 5-35, April.
- Kunreuther, Howard, 1996. "Mitigating Disaster Losses through Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 171-87, May.
- Colin F. Camerer & Howard Kunreuther, 1989. "Decision processes for low probability events: Policy implications," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 565-592.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Slovic, Paul, 1978. "Economics, Psychology, and Protective Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 64-69, May.
- Neil A. Doherty, 1997. "Financial Innovation in the Management of Catastrophe Risk," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Priest, George L, 1996. "The Government, the Market, and the Problem of Catastrophic Loss," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 219-37, May.
- Jerry R. Skees & J. Roy Black & Barry J. Barnett, 1997. "Designing and Rating an Area Yield Crop Insurance Contract," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 430-438.
- Jerry R. Skees & Michael R. Reed, 1986. "Rate Making for Farm-Level Crop Insurance: Implications for Adverse Selection," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(3), pages 653-659.
- Mario J. Miranda & Joseph W. Glauber, 1997. "Systemic Risk, Reinsurance, and the Failure of Crop Insurance Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 206-215.
- Peter B. R. Hazell, 1992. "The appropriate role of agricultural insurance in developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(6), pages 567-581, November.
- Robin M. Hogarth & Howard Kunreuther, 1992. "Pricing Insurance and Warranties: Ambiguity and Correlated Risks," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 17(1), pages 35-60, June.
- Dwight M. Jaffee & Thomas Russell, 1996. "Catastrophe Insurance, Capital Markets and Uninsurable Risks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iatr98:14538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.