Financial Innovation in the Management of Catastrophe Risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Shavell, 1979. "Risk Sharing and Incentives in the Principal and Agent Relationship," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 55-73, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neil A. Doherty & Harris Schlesinger, 2001. "Insurance Contracts and Securitization," CESifo Working Paper Series 559, CESifo.
- Bjoern Hagendorff & Jens Hagendorff & Kevin Keasey, 2013. "The Shareholder Wealth Effects of Insurance Securitization: Preliminary Evidence from the Catastrophe Bond Market," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 281-301, December.
- Lai, Van Son & Parcollet, Mathieu & Lamond, Bernard F., 2014. "The valuation of catastrophe bonds with exposure to currency exchange risk," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 243-252.
- Götze, Tobias & Gürtler, Marc, 2020. "Hard markets, hard times: On the inefficiency of the CAT bond market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Fabio Pizzutilo & Elisabetta Venezia, 2018. "Are catastrophe bonds effective financial instruments in the transport and infrastructure industries? Evidence from international financial markets," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 14(2), pages 256-267, April.
- Cummins, J David & Mahul, Olivier, 2003. "Optimal Insurance with Divergent Beliefs about Insurer Total Default Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 121-138, October.
- Skees, Jerry R., 2000. "A role for capital markets in natural disasters: a piece of the food security puzzle," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 365-378, June.
- James F. Moore, 1999. "Tail Estimation and Catastrophe Security Pricing: Can We Tell What Target We Hit if We Are Shooting in the Dark?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-14, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Alexander Harin, 2004.
"Arrangement infringement possibility approach: some economic features of large-scale events,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 28(11), pages 1.
- Alexander Harin, 2004. "Arrangement Infringement Possibility Approach: Some Economic Features of Large-Scale Events," Risk and Insurance 0409002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Epperson, James E., 2008. "Securitizing peanut production risk with catastrophe (CAT) bonds," Faculty Series 44512, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Unknown, 1999. "Policy Reform, Market Stability, And Food Security; Proceedings Of A Conference Of The International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium," 1998: Policy Reform, Market Stability, and Food Security Conference, June 1998, Alexandria VA 14538, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Cummins, J. David & Lalonde, David & Phillips, Richard D., 2004.
"The basis risk of catastrophic-loss index securities,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 77-111, January.
- J. David Cummins & David Lalonde & Richard D. Phillips, 2000. "The Basis Risk of Catastrophic-Loss Index Securities," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-22, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jerry R. Skees & Barry J. Barnett & Anne G. Murphy, 2008.
"Creating insurance markets for natural disaster risk in lower income countries: the potential role for securitization,"
Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 151-167, May.
- Skees, Jerry R. & Barnett, Barry J. & Murphy, Anne G., 2007. "Creating insurance markets for natural disaster risk in lower income countries: the potential role for securitization," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9272, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lin, Yijia & Cox, Samuel H., 2008. "Securitization of catastrophe mortality risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 628-637, April.
- J. Stripple, 1998. "Securitizing the Risks of Climate Change. Institutional Innovations in the Insurance of Catastrophic Risks," Working Papers ir98098, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Silke Finken & Christian Laux, 2009. "Catastrophe Bonds and Reinsurance: The Competitive Effect of Information‐Insensitive Triggers," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(3), pages 579-605, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:pennin:98-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fiupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.