Do Community-based Health Insurance Schemes Improve Poor People's Access to Health Care? Evidence From Rural Senegal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar, 1998. "Rural finance and poverty alleviation," Food policy reports 8, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Ahuja, Rajeev & Jutting, Johannes Paul, 2003. "Design Of Incentives In Community Based Health Insurance Schemes," Discussion Papers 18744, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- McGuire, Alistair & Fenn, Paul & Mayhew, Ken, 1989. "The Assessment: The Economics of Health Care," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 1-20, Spring.
- Winnie Yip & Peter Berman, 2001. "Targeted health insurance in a low income country and its impact on access and equity in access: Egypt's school health insurance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 207-220.
- Hugh R. Waters, 1999. "Measuring the impact of health insurance with a correction for selection bias-a case study of Ecuador," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(5), pages 473-483.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jørgensen, 2001.
"Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection, and Beyond,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 529-556, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 2000. "Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21314, The World Bank.
- Coleman, Brett E., 1999. "The impact of group lending in Northeast Thailand," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 105-141, October.
- Alexander S. Preker & Guy Carrin, 2004. "Health Financing for Poor People : Resource Mobilization and Risk Sharing," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15019.
- Bedi, Arjun S. & Gaston, Noel, 1999. "Using variation in schooling availability to estimate educational returns for Honduras," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 107-116, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Habtom, GebreMichael Kibreab & Ruys, Pieter, 2007. "Traditional risk-sharing arrangements and informal social insurance in Eritrea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 218-235, January.
- Dekker, Marleen & Wilms, Annegien, 2010. "Health Insurance and Other Risk-Coping Strategies in Uganda: The Case of Microcare Insurance Ltd," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 369-378, March.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:84:y:2017:i:4:p:1073-1102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carapinha, João L. & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Desta, Abayneh Tamer & Wagner, Anita K., 2011. "Health insurance systems in five Sub-Saharan African countries: Medicine benefits and data for decision making," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 193-202, March.
- Clara Delavallade, 2014.
"Quality Healthcare and Health Insurance Retention: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in the Kolkata Slums,"
- Delavallade, Clara, 2014. "Quality healthcare and health insurance retention: Evidence from a randomized experiment in the Kolkata slums:," IFPRI discussion papers 1352, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Delavallade, Clara, 2015. "Quality Healthcare and Health Insurance Retention: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in the Kolkata Slums," SALDRU Working Papers 143, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2014.
"Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 21-40.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Schmit, Joan T., 2013. "Regulation in Microinsurance Markets: Principles, Practice, and Directions for Future Development," Working Papers on Finance 1305, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Denis Drechsler & Johannes Jütting, 2005. "Is There a Role for Private Health Insurance in Developing Countries?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 517, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jehu-Appiah, Caroline & Aryeetey, Genevieve & Spaan, Ernst & de Hoop, Thomas & Agyepong, Irene & Baltussen, Rob, 2011. "Equity aspects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana: Who is enrolling, who is not and why?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 157-165, January.
- Smith, Kimberly V. & Sulzbach, Sara, 2008. "Community-based health insurance and access to maternal health services: Evidence from three West African countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2460-2473, June.
- Mladovsky, Philipa & Soors, Werner & Ndiaye, Pascal & Ndiaye, Alfred & Criel, Bart, 2014. "Can social capital help explain enrolment (or lack thereof) in community-based health insurance? Results of an exploratory mixed methods study from Senegal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 18-27.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:7:p:232-259 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamid, Syed Abdul & Roberts, Jennifer & Mosley, Paul, 2011.
"Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 399-411, March.
- Jennifer Roberts & Paul Mosley & Syed Abdul Hammid, 2010. "Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Papers 2010009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2010.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:32:y:2004:i:2:p:273-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .