Household Risk, Self-Insurance and Coping Strategies in Urban Argentina
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert M. Townsend, .
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Alderman, Harold, 1996. "Saving and economic shocks in rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 343-365, December.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Walter Sosa, 2001.
"Assessing Aggregate Welfare: Growth and Inequality in Argentina,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 38(113), pages 49-71.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Walter Sosa Escudero, 2000. "Assessing Aggregate Welfare: Growth and Inequality in Argentina," Department of Economics, Working Papers 021, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Elaina Rose, 1999. "Consumption Smoothing and Excess Female Mortality in Rural India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 41-49, February.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jørgensen, 2001.
"Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection, and Beyond,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 529-556, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 2000. "Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond," Social Protection Discussion Papers 21314, The World Bank.
- Jacqueline Mazza, 2000. "Unemployment Insurance: Case Studies and Lessons for Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6460, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Stefan De Wachter & Sebastian Galiani, 2000.
"Optimal Income Support Targeting,"
Economics Series Working Papers
41, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- De Watchter, S. & Galiani, S., 2000. "Optimal Income Support Targeting," Economics Series Working Papers 9941, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sebastian Galiani & Stefan De Wachter, 2001. "Optimal Income Support Targeting," Working Papers 39, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Apr 2005.
- David Card & Daniel Sullivan, 1987.
"Measuring the Effect of Subsidized Training Programs on Movements In andOut of Employment,"
NBER Working Papers
2173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1988. "Measuring the Effect of Subsidized Training Programs on Movements in and out of Employment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 497-530, May.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
JCPR Working Papers
41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Adriana Cassoni & Steven G. Allen & Gaston J. Labadie, 2000. "The Effect of Unions on Employment: Evidence from an Unnatural Experiment in Uruguay," NBER Working Papers 7501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1986.
"Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-Income Countries,"
7518, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1988. "Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-income Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1148-70, December.
- Sebasti�n Galiani and Hugo A. Hopenhayn., 2000.
"Duration and Risk of Unemployment in Argentina,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
C00-117, University of California at Berkeley.
- Sebasti=E1n Galiani & Hugo A. Hopenhayn, 2001. "Duration and Risk of Unemployment in Argentina," Labor and Demography 0012002, EconWPA.
- Sebastian Galiani & Hugo A. Hopenhayn, 2001. "Duration and Risk of Unemployment in Argentina," Working Papers 40, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Dec 2001.
- Sebastian Galiani & Hugo A. Hopenhayn, 2001. "Duration and Risk of Unemployment in Argentina," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 476, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Martin Ravallion & Shubham Chaudhuri, 1997. "Risk and Insurance in Village India: Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 171-184, January.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-48, July-Aug..
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1999.
"Are the poor less well insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 61-81, February.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Are the poor less well-insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1863, The World Bank.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Robert J. LaLonde, 1995. "The Promise of Public Sector-Sponsored Training Programs," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 149-168, Spring.
- Glewwe, Paul & Hall, Gillette, 1998. "Are some groups more vulnerable to macroeconomic shocks than others? Hypothesis tests based on panel data from Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 181-206, June.
- Cox, Donald & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1998. "Risk Sharing and Private Transfers: What about Urban Households?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 621-37, April.
- Maloney, William F, 1999. "Does Informality Imply Segmentation in Urban Labor Markets? Evidence from Sectoral Transitions in Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 275-302, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1995. "Consumption Insurance: An Evaluation of Risk-Bearing Systems in Low-Income Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 83-102, Summer.
- Woolcock, Michael & Narayan, Deepa, 2000. "Social Capital: Implications for Development Theory, Research, and Policy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 225-49, August.
- Dani Rodrik, 1997. "Has Globalization Gone Too Far?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 57, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:15467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.