Private and Public Responses to Climate Shocks
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Publication status:||Published as background research for the 2007/2008 Human Development Report.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 304 E 45th Street, FF-12th Floor, New York, NY, 10017|
Web page: http://hdr.undp.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Dercon (QEH), Tessa Bold, Cesar Calvo, "undated". "Insurance for the Poor?," QEH Working Papers qehwps125, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000.
"In Sickness and in Health: Risk Sharing within Households in Rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 688-727, August.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1997. "In sickness and in health ... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1988.
"Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-income Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1148-1170, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1986. "Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-Income Countries," Bulletins 7518, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002.
"Can financial markets be tapped to help poor people cope with weather risks ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2812, The World Bank.
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002. "Can Financial Markets be Tapped to Help Poor People Cope with Weather Risks?," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2001. " Child Growth in the Time of Drought," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(4), pages 409-436, September.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
University of Chicago - Economics Research Center
91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Robert M. Townsend, "undated". "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jørgensen, 2001.
"Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection, and Beyond,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 8(4), pages 529-556, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 2000. "Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21314, The World Bank.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003.
"Food aid and child nutrition in rural Ethiopia,"
158, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Owens, Trudy & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Ex-Ante Actions and Ex-Post Public Responses to Drought Shocks: Evidence and Simulations from Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1239-1255, July.
- Holzmann, Robert, 2001. "Risk and vulnerability : the forward looking role of social protection in a globalizing world," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23161, The World Bank.
- Morris, Saul S. & Wodon, Quentin, 2003. "The Allocation of Natural Disaster Relief Funds: Hurricane Mitch in Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1279-1289, July.
- de Janvry, Alain & Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Vakis, Renos, 2006. "Can conditional cash transfer programs serve as safety nets in keeping children at school and from working when exposed to shocks?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 349-373, April.
- Carlo Del Ninno & Paul Dorosh, 2003. "Impacts of in-kind transfers on household food consumption: Evidence from targeted food programmes in Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 48-78.
- Morduch, Jonathan & Sharma, Manohar, 2001.
"Strengthening public safety nets,"
122, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Emebet Kebede, 2006. "Moving from Emergency Food Aid to Predictable Cash Transfers: Recent Experience in Ethiopia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(5), pages 579-599, 09.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2004. "Food Aid Targeting, Shocks And Private Transfers Among East African Pastoralists," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20247, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:hdocpa:hdocpa-2007-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.