Private and Public Responses to Climate Shocks
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published as background research for the 2007/2008 Human Development Report.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 304 E 45th Street, FF-12th Floor, New York, NY, 10017|
Web page: http://hdr.undp.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1997.
"In sickness and in health ... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1997-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "In Sickness and in Health: Risk Sharing within Households in Rural Ethiopia," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 688-727, August.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 1997. "In sickness and in health... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1997-12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Morduch, Jonathan & Sharma, Manohar, 2001.
"Strengthening public safety nets,"
122, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2003.
"Food aid and child nutrition in rural Ethiopia,"
FCND discussion papers
158, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- de Janvry, Alain & Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Vakis, Renos, 2006. "Can conditional cash transfer programs serve as safety nets in keeping children at school and from working when exposed to shocks?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 349-373, April.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1988.
"Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-income Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1148-70, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1986. "Risk, Implicit Contracts and the Family in Rural Areas of Low-Income Countries," Bulletins 7518, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Holzmann, Robert, 2001. "Risk and vulnerability : the forward looking role of social protection in a globalizing world," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23161, The World Bank.
- Stefan Dercon (QEH), Tessa Bold, Cesar Calvo, .
"Insurance for the Poor?,"
QEH Working Papers
qehwps125, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jørgensen, 2001.
"Social Risk Management: A New Conceptual Framework for Social Protection, and Beyond,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 529-556, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 2000. "Social risk management : a new conceptual framework for social protection and beyond," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21314, The World Bank.
- Owens, Trudy & Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2003. "Ex-Ante Actions and Ex-Post Public Responses to Drought Shocks: Evidence and Simulations from Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1239-1255, July.
- Robert M. Townsend, .
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Morris, Saul S. & Wodon, Quentin, 2003. "The Allocation of Natural Disaster Relief Funds: Hurricane Mitch in Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1279-1289, July.
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002.
"Can Financial Markets be Tapped to Help Poor People Cope with Weather Risks?,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002. "Can financial markets be tapped to help poor people cope with weather risks ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2812, The World Bank.
- Carlo Del Ninno & Paul Dorosh, 2003. "Impacts of in-kind transfers on household food consumption: Evidence from targeted food programmes in Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 48-78.
- Hoddinott, John & Kinsey, Bill, 2001. " Child Growth in the Time of Drought," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(4), pages 409-36, September.
- Emebet Kebede, 2006. "Moving from Emergency Food Aid to Predictable Cash Transfers: Recent Experience in Ethiopia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(5), pages 579-599, 09.
- Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2004. "Food Aid Targeting, Shocks And Private Transfers Among East African Pastoralists," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20247, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:hdocpa:hdocpa-2007-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.