The Main Determinants of Insurance Purchase: An Empirical Study on Crop Insurance Policies in France
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Geoffroy Enjolras & Patrick Sentis, 2008. "The main determinants of insurance purchase. An empirical study on crop insurance policies in France," Working Papers 08-06, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Apr 2008.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isengildina, Olga & Hudson, Darren, 2001. "Factors Affecting Hedging Decisions Using Evidence from the Cotton Industry," 2001 Conference, April 23-24, 2001, St. Louis, Missouri 18970, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Thomas O. Knight & Keith H. Coble, 1997. "Survey of U.S. Multiple Peril Crop Insurance Literature Since 1980," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 128-156.
- Serra, Teresa & Goodwin, Barry K. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2003. "Modeling Changes In The U.S. Demand For Crop Insurance During The 1990s," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22019, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Byeongyong Paul Choi & Mary A. Weiss, 2005. "An Empirical Investigation of Market Structure, Efficiency, and Performance in Property-Liability Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(4), pages 635-673.
- Mary Kelly & Anne E. Kleffner, 2003. "Optimal Loss Mitigation and Contract Design," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 53-72.
- H. Holly Wang & Hao Zhang, 2003. "On the Possibility of a Private Crop Insurance Market: A Spatial Statistics Approach," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 111-124.
- Niehaus, Greg, 2002. "The allocation of catastrophe risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 585-596, March.
- Steven C. Blank & Jeffrey McDonald, 1996. "Preferences for crop insurance when farmers are diversified," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 583-592.
- Alberto Garrido & David Zilberman, 2008.
"Revisiting the demand for agricultural insurance: the case of Spain,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 43-66, May.
- Garrido, Alberto & Zilberman, David, 2007. "Revisiting the demand of agricultural insurance: The case of Spain," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9266, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hanno N. Lustig & Stijn G. Van Nieuwerburgh, 2005.
"Housing Collateral, Consumption Insurance, and Risk Premia: An Empirical Perspective,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1167-1219, June.
- Hanno Lustig & Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh, 2003. "Housing Collateral, Consumption Insurance and Risk Premia: An Empirical Perpective," NBER Working Papers 9959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin F. Grace & Robert W. Klein & Paul R. Kleindorfer, 2004. "Homeowners Insurance With Bundled Catastrophe Coverage," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(3), pages 351-379.
- Keith H. Coble & Thomas O. Knight & Rulon D. Pope & Jeffery R. Williams, 1996. "Modeling Farm-Level Crop Insurance Demand with Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 439-447.
- Joseph W. Glauber, 2004. "Crop Insurance Reconsidered," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1179-1195.
- Vincent H. Smith & Alan E. Baquet, 1996. "The Demand for Multiple Peril Crop Insurance: Evidence from Montana Wheat Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 189-201.
- Bruce J. Sherrick & Peter J. Barry & Paul N. Ellinger & Gary D. Schnitkey, 2004. "Factors Influencing Farmers' Crop Insurance Decisions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 103-114.
- Marcel A.P.M. van Asseldonk & Miranda P.M. Meuwissen & Ruud B.M. Huirne, 2002. "Belief in Disaster Relief and the Demand for a Public-Private Insurance Program," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 196-207.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lajos Barath & Raushan Bokusheva & Imre Ferto, 2016. "Studying Farm Insurance Demand under Financial Constraints," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1625, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Enjolras, Geoffroy & Capitanio, Fabian & Adinolfi, Felice, 2012. "The Demand for Crop Insurance: Combined Approaches for France and Italy," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(1), January.
- Sporri, Martina & Baráth, Lajos & Bokusheva, Raushan & Ferto, Imre, 2012. "The Impact of Crop Insurance on the Economic Performance of Hungarian Cropping Farms," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122525, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Finger, Robert & Lehmann, Niklaus, 2011. "Do Direct Payments Influence Farmers' Hail Insurance Decisions?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114355, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance; Demand; Crop insurance; Catastrophe risk; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae08:44395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.