The demand for public-private crop insurance and government disaster relief
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Lundhede, Thomas Hedemark & Martinsen, Louise & Hasler, Berit & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark, 2011. "Embedding effects in choice experiment valuations of environmental preservation projects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1170-1177, April.
- Geoffroy Enjolras & Patrick Sentis, 2011. "Crop insurance policies and purchases in France," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(4), pages 475-486, July.
- Greene, William H. & Hensher, David A., 2007. "Heteroscedastic control for random coefficients and error components in mixed logit," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 610-623, September.
- Veronica F. Pozo & Glynn T. Tonsor & Ted C. Schroeder, 2012. "How Choice Experiment Design Affects Estimated Valuation of Use of Gestation Crates," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(3), pages 639-655, September.
- Marit Kragt, 2013. "The Effects of Changing Cost Vectors on Choices and Scale Heterogeneity," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(2), pages 201-221, February.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, Enero.
- Alberto Garrido & David Zilberman, 2008.
"Revisiting the demand for agricultural insurance: the case of Spain,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 43-66, May.
- Garrido, Alberto & Zilberman, David, 2007. "Revisiting the demand of agricultural insurance: The case of Spain," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9266, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Velandia, Margarita M. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Knight, Thomas O. & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2009.
"Factors Affecting Farmers’ Utilization of Agricultural Risk Management Tools: The Case of Crop Insurance, Forward Contracting, and Spreading Sales,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(1), pages 1-17, April.
- Velandia, Margarita & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Knight, Thomas O. & Sherrick, Bruce J., 2009. "Factors Affecting Farmers' Utilization of Agricultural Risk Management Tools: The Case of Crop Insurance, Forward Contracting, and Spreading Sales," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 107-123, April.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Morten Mørkbak & Tove Christensen & Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, 2010. "Choke Price Bias in Choice Experiments," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(4), pages 537-551, April.
- Vincent H. Smith & Alan E. Baquet, 1996. "The Demand for Multiple Peril Crop Insurance: Evidence from Montana Wheat Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 189-201.
- Bruce J. Sherrick & Peter J. Barry & Paul N. Ellinger & Gary D. Schnitkey, 2004. "Factors Influencing Farmers' Crop Insurance Decisions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 103-114.
- Myyra, Sami & Pietola, Kyosti, 2011. "Testing for Moral Hazard and Ranking Farms by Their Inclination to Collect Crop Damage Compensations," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114632, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Barry K. Goodwin, 1993. "An Empirical Analysis of the Demand for Multiple Peril Crop Insurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(2), pages 425-434.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coletta, Attilio & Giampietri, Elisa & Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Severini, Simone & Trestini, Samuele, 2018. "A preliminary test on risk and ambiguity attitudes, and time preferences in decisions under uncertainty: towards a better explanation of participation in crop insurance schemes," MPRA Paper 95347, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Trestini, Samuel & Giampietri, Elisa & Smiglak-Krajewska, Magdalena, 2018. "Farmer behaviour towards the agricultural risk management tools provided by the CAP: a comparison between Italy and Poland," 162nd Seminar, April 26-27, 2018, Budapest, Hungary 271978, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:17:p:4607-:d:260655 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural Finance; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae17:261178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.