Economic Appraisal of Profitability and Sustainability of Peri-Urban Agriculture in Bangkok
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vagneron, Isabelle, 2007. "Economic appraisal of profitability and sustainability of peri-urban agriculture in Bangkok," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 516-529, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Poudel, D. D. & Midmore, D. J. & Hargrove, W. L., 1998. "An analysis of commercial vegetable farms in relation to sustainability in the uplands of Southeast Asia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 107-128, September.
- Elinor Ostrom & Roy Gardner, 1993. "Coping with Asymmetries in the Commons: Self-Governing Irrigation Systems Can Work," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 93-112, Fall.
- G. Benhayoun & Nathalie Gaussier & B. Planque, 1999. "Introduction Générale," Post-Print hal-00168013, HAL.
- Ruel, Marie T. & Haddad, Lawrence & Garrett, James L., 1999. "Some Urban Facts of Life: Implications for Research and Policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1917-1938, November.
- G. Benhayoun & Nathalie Gaussier & B. Planque, 1999. "Introduction Générale," Post-Print hal-00168011, HAL.
- Joshi, P.K. & Gulati, Ashok & Birthal, Pratap S. & Tewari, Laxmi, 2003. "Agriculture diversification in South Asia," MSSD discussion papers 57, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Midmore, D. J. & Jansen, H. G. P., 2003. "Supplying vegetables to Asian cities: is there a case for peri-urban production?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 13-27, February.
- Flaherty, Mark & Vandergeest, Peter & Miller, Paul, 1999. "Rice Paddy or Shrimp Pond: Tough Decisions in Rural Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2045-2060, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sroka, Wojciech, 0. "Definicje Oraz Formy Miejskiej Agrokultury – Przyczynek Do Dyskusji," Village and Agriculture (WieÅ› i Rolnictwo), Polish Academy of Sciences (IRWiR PAN), Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development, issue 3.
- Dingyang Zhou & Hirotaka Matsuda & Yuji Hara & Kazuhiko Takeuchi, 2012. "Potential and observed food flows in a Chinese city: a case study of Tianjin," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 29(4), pages 481-492, December.
- Bojacá, C.R. & Schrevens, E., 2010. "Energy assessment of peri-urban horticulture and its uncertainty: Case study for Bogota, Colombia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2109-2118.
- Kubi Ackerman & Michael Conard & Patricia Culligan & Richard Plunz & Maria-Paola Sutto & Leigh Whittinghill, 2014. "Sustainable Food Systems for Future Cities: The Potential of Urban Agriculture," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 45(2), pages 189-206.
More about this item
KeywordsENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS; PERI-URBAN AGRICULTURE; ASIA; THAILAND;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2006-11-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-SEA-2006-11-04 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umr:wpaper:200614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabelle Perez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/moisafr.html .