Supplying vegetables to Asian cities: is there a case for peri-urban production?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T., 1999. "Food and Nutrition in an Urbanizing World," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 14(4).
- Ali, Mubarik & Tsou, Samson C. S., 1997. "Combating micronutrient deficiencies through vegetables--a neglected food frontier in Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 17-38, February.
- Ellis, Frank & Sumberg, James, 1998. "Food production, urban areas and policy responses," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 213-225, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kydd, Jonathon, 2015. "Ex-post evaluation study of IFPRIâ€™s research on high-value agriculture, 1994â€“2010," Impact assessments 39, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Underhill, Simon, 2013. "Urban and Peri-urban Agriculture in Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Challenges and Opportunities," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 10(2), December.
- Vagneron, Isabelle, 2007.
"Economic appraisal of profitability and sustainability of peri-urban agriculture in Bangkok,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 516-529, March.
- Vagneron, I., 2006. "Economic Appraisal of Profitability and Sustainability of Peri-Urban Agriculture in Bangkok," Working Papers MOISA 200614, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- Minghong Tan, 2014. "The Transition of Farmland Production Functions in Metropolitan Areas in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(7), pages 1-14, June.
- Tran, Tuyen & Doan, Tinh, 2010. "Industrialization, economic and employment structure changes in Vietnam during economic transition," MPRA Paper 26979, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Nov 2010.
- Pablo Torres-Lima & Luis Rodríguez-Sánchez, 2008. "Farming dynamics and social capital: A case study in the urban fringe of Mexico City," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 193-208, April.
- Francisco, Sergio R. & Ali, Mubarik, 2006. "Resource allocation tradeoffs in Manila's peri-urban vegetable production systems: An application of multiple objective programming," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 147-168, February.
- Weinberger, Katinka & Lumpkin, Thomas A., 2007. "Diversification into Horticulture and Poverty Reduction: A Research Agenda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1464-1480, August.
- Ali, Ghaffar & Nitivattananon, Vilas & Abbas, Sawaid & Sabir, Muazzam, 2012. "Green waste to biogas: Renewable energy possibilities for Thailand's green markets," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5423-5429.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:28:y:2003:i:1:p:13-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.