Cropping Pattern Choice and Risk Mitigation in Flood Affected Agriculture: A Study of Assam Plains, India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kurukulasuriya, Pradeep & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2008. "Crop switching as a strategy for adapting to climate change," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Joshi, P.K. & Gulati, Ashok & Birthal, Pratap S. & Tewari, Laxmi, 2003. "Agriculture diversification in South Asia," MSSD discussion papers 57, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gupta, R. P. & Tewari, S. K., 1985. "Factors Effecting Crop Diversification: An Empirical Analysis," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 40(3), July.
- Birthal, P.S. & Jha, A.K. & Joshi, P.K. & Singh, D.K., 2006. "Agricultural Diversification in North Eastern Region of India: Implications for Growth and Equity," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 61(3), pages 1-13.
- Weiss, Christoph R. & Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2000.
"Determinants and Dynamics of Farm Diversification,"
FE Working Papers
0002, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Weiss, Christoph R. & Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2002. "Determinants and Dynamics of Farm Diversification," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24929, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rulon D. Pope & Richard Prescott, 1980. "Diversification in Relation to Farm Size and Other Socioeconomic Characteristics," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 554-559.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ujjal Deka Baruah & Anup Saikia & Scott M. Robeson & Nitashree Mili & Pritam Chand, 2021. "Perceptions and adaptation behavior of farmers to climate change in the upper Brahmaputra Valley, India," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(10), pages 15529-15549, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mandal, Raju & Bezbaruah, M.P., 2013. "Diversification of Cropping Pattern: Its Determinants and Role in Flood Affected Agriculture of Assam Plains," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 68(2), pages 1-13.
- Weiss, Christoph R. & Thiele, Holger D., 2002.
"Diversifikation und Wachstum landwirtschaftlicher Unternehmen,"
German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 51(03), pages 1-8.
- Thiele, Holger D. & Weiss, Christoph R., 2002. "Diversifikation und Wachstum landwirtschaftlicher Unternehmen," FE Working Papers 0201, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Singh, Amarendra Pratap & Narayanan, Krishnan, 2016. "How can weather affect crop area diversity? Panel data evidence from Andhra Pradesh, a rice growing state of India," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 118(2), pages 1-10, August.
- Saenz, Mariana & Thompson, Eric, 2017. "Gender and Policy Roles in Farm Household Diversification in Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 152-169.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Guri, Fatmir & Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Drabik, Dusan & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 2018. "Land fragmentation and production diversification: A case study from rural Albania," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 589-599.
- Hayatullah Ahmadzai, 2017. "Status, patterns, and microeconomic drivers of the extent of diversity in crop production: Evidence from Afghanistan," Discussion Papers 2017-07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Boris Bravo & Horacio Cocchi & Daniel Solís, 2006.
"Output Diversification Among Small-Scale Hillside Farmers In El Salvador,"
OVE Working Papers
1706, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Cocchi, Horacio & Solís, Daniel, 2011. "Output Diversification among Small-Scale Hillside Farmers in El Salvador," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3012, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Guri, Fatmir & Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Drabik, Dusan & Paloma, Sergio, 2015. "Land Fragmentation, Production Diversification, and Food Security: A Case Study from Rural Albania," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211539, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lighton Dube & Revaux Numbwa & Emmanuel Guveya, 2016. "Determinants of crop diversification amongst agricultural co-operators in Dundwa agricultural camp, Choma district, Zambia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Varun Kumar Das, 2018. "Looking Beyond the Farm and Household: Determinants of On-farm Diversification in India," Working Papers id:12945, eSocialSciences.
- Jarmila Lazíková & Anna Bandlerová & Ľubica Rumanovská & Ivan Takáč & Zuzana Lazíková, 2019. "Crop Diversity and Common Agricultural Policy—The Case of Slovakia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(5), pages 1-14, March.
- Sichoongwe, Kiru, 2014. "Determinants and Extent of Crop Diversification Among Smallholder Farmers in Southern Zambia," Research Theses 243456, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Ciaian, P. & Guri, F. & Rajcaniova, M. & Drabik, D. & Gomez Y Paloma, S., 2018. "Does Land Fragmentation Increase Agricultural Production Diversification in Rural Albania?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277093, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Varun Kumar Das, 2018. "Looking beyond the farm and household: Determinants of on-farm diversification in India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2018-023, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rhoda Mofya-Mukuka & Munguzwe Hichaambwa, 2018. "Livelihood effects of crop diversification: a panel data analysis of rural farm households in Zambia," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(6), pages 1449-1462, December.
- Ali, Jabir & Kapoor, Sanjeev, 2008. "Farmers' perception on risks in fruits and vegetables production: an empirical study of Uttar Pradesh," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 21(Conferenc).
- Tesfaye, Wondimagegn & Tirivayi, Nyasha, 2020. "Crop diversity, household welfare and consumption smoothing under risk: Evidence from rural Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Keil, Alwin & Saint-Macary, Camille & Zeller, Manfred, 2013. "Intensive Commercial Agriculture in Fragile Uplands of Vietnam: How to Harness its Poverty Reduction Potential while Ensuring Environmental Sustainability?," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2006. "Agricultural growth, employment and wage rates in developing countries," Economics Discussion Paper Series 0621, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Singh, K.M. & Singh, R.K.P. & Jha, A.K. & Kumar, Abhay, 2013. "A Micro Analysis of Fodder Production and Marketing in India: The Case of Bihar," MPRA Paper 53548, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-03-15 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shs:wpaper:1403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deshsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christian Raschke (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deshsus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.