Determinants and Extent of Crop Diversification Among Smallholder Farmers in Southern Zambia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sitko, Nicholas J. & Chapoto, Antony & Kabwe, Stephen & Tembo, Solomon & Hichaambwa, Munguzwe & Lubinda, Rebecca & Chiwawa, Harrison & Mataa, Mebelo & Heck, Simon & Nthani, Dorothy, 2011. "Technical Compendium: Descriptive Agricultural Statistics and Analysis for Zambia in Support of the USAID Mission’s Feed the Future Strategic Review," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 104016, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Acharya, Saraswati Poudel & Basavaraja, H. & Kunnal, L.B. & Mahajanashetti, S.B. & Bhat, Anil R.S., 2011. "Crop Diversification in Karnataka: An Economic Analysis," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-8, December.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Sigelman, Lee & Zeng, Langche, 1999. "Analyzing Censored and Sample-Selected Data with Tobit and Heckit Models," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 167-182, December.
- Zhiying Xu & Zhengfei Guan & T.S. Jayne & Roy Black, 2009.
"Factors influencing the profitability of fertilizer use on maize in Zambia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(4), pages 437-446, July.
- Xu, Z. & Guan, Zhengfei & Jayne, Thomas S. & Black, J. Roy, 2009. "Factors Influencing the Profitability of Fertilizer Use on Maize in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54639, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Xu, Zhiying & Guan, Zhengfei & Jayne, Thomas S. & Black, J. Roy, 2009. "Factors Influencing the Profitability of Fertilizer Use on Maize in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 54500, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Weiss, Christoph R. & Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2000.
"Determinants and Dynamics of Farm Diversification,"
FE Working Papers
0002, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Weiss, Christoph R. & Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2002. "Determinants and Dynamics of Farm Diversification," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24929, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tim J. Coelli & George E. Battese, 1996.
"Identification Of Factors Which Influence The Technical Inefficiency Of Indian Farmers,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 40(2), pages 103-128, August.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Battese, George E., 1996. "Identification Of Factors Which Influence The Technical Inefficiency Of Indian Farmers," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-26, August.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Battese, George E., 1994. "Identification of Factors which Influence the Technical Inefficiency of Indian Farmers," 1994 Conference (38th), February 8-10, 1994, Wellington, New Zealand 148110, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Singh, N.P. & Kumar, Ranjit & Singh, R.P., 2006. "Diversification of Indian Agriculture: Composition, Determinants and Trade Implications," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 0(Conferenc), pages 1-14.
- Ray D. Bollman & Monica Tomiak, 1988. "Decoupled Agricultural Policy and the Lack of Production Alternatives," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 36(2), pages 349-352, July.
- Culas, Richard J., 2006. "Causes of farm diversification over time: an Australian perspective on an Eastern Norway model," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-9.
- Michael R. Rahm & Wallace E. Huffman, 1984.
"The Adoption of Reduced Tillage: The Role of Human Capital and Other Variables,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(4), pages 405-413.
- Rahm, M. & Huffman, Wallace, 1984. "The Adoption of Reduced Tillage: The Role of Human Capital and Other Variables," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10977, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Samuelson, Paul A., 1967. "General Proof that Diversification Pays," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 1-13, March.
- Rulon D. Pope & Richard Prescott, 1980. "Diversification in Relation to Farm Size and Other Socioeconomic Characteristics," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 554-559.
- Benin, S. & Smale, M. & Pender, J. & Gebremedhin, B. & Ehui, S., 2004. "The economic determinants of cereal crop diversity on farms in the Ethiopian highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 197-208, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lighton Dube & Revaux Numbwa & Emmanuel Guveya, 2016. "Determinants of crop diversification amongst agricultural co-operators in Dundwa agricultural camp, Choma district, Zambia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Schwerhoff, Gregor & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Waha, Katharina, 2016. "Agricultural Risk Management and Land Tenure," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145792, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hayatullah Ahmadzai, 2017. "Status, patterns, and microeconomic drivers of the extent of diversity in crop production: Evidence from Afghanistan," Discussion Papers 2017-07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cmpart:243456. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://www.agriculturaleconomics.net .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.