Linking farmers to markets: different approaches to human capital development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, L. David & Ashman, Darcy, 1996. "Participation, social capital, and intersectoral problem solving: African and Asian cases," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1467-1479, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pokhrel, Deepak M. & Thapa, Gopal B., 2007. "Are marketing intermediaries exploiting mountain farmers in Nepal? A study based on market price, marketing margin and income distribution analyses," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 151-164, May.
- Liang, Qiao & Hendrikse, George W. J. & Huang, Zuhui, 2010. "Value added and governance structure: Evidence from the pear industry in China's Zhejiang province," IAMO Forum 2010: Institutions in Transition – Challenges for New Modes of Governance 52708, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Verena Bitzer & Pieter Glasbergen & Bas Arts, 2013. "Exploring the potential of intersectoral partnerships to improve the position of farmers in global agrifood chains: findings from the coffee sector in Peru," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(1), pages 5-20, March.
- Crawford, Eric & Kelly, Valerie & Jayne, T. S. & Howard, Julie, 2003. "Input use and market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 277-292, August.
- Hagos, Fitsum & Makombe, Godswill & Namara, Regassa & Awulachew, Seleshi Bekele, 2008. "Does access to small scale irrigation promote market oriented production in Ethiopia?," Conference Papers h044080, International Water Management Institute.
- J. Dara Bloom, 2014. "Civil Society in Hybrid Governance: Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Legitimacy in Mediating Wal-Mart’s Local Produce Supply Chains in Honduras," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Obare, Gideon & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2006. "Rural institutions and producer organizations in imperfect markets: experiences from producer marketing groups in semi-arid eastern Kenya," CAPRi working papers 60, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Smallholder Farmers and Collective Action: What Determines the Intensity of Participation?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114354, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rajendran, Srinivasulu & Afari-Sefa, Victor & Karanja, Daniel Kimani & Musebe, Richard & Romney, Dannie & Makaranga, Magesa A. & Samali, Silvest & Kessy, Radegunda Francis, 2016. "Farmer-Led Seed Enterprise Initiatives to Access Certified Seed for Traditional African Vegetables and its Effect on Incomes in Tanzania," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 19(1).
- Hagos, Fitsum & Makombe, Godswill & Namara, Regassa & Awulachew, Seleshi Bekele, 2008. "Does access to small scale irrigation promote market oriented production in Ethiopia?," IWMI Conference Proceedings 246403, International Water Management Institute.
- Liang, Qiao & Huang, Zuhui & Lu, Haiyang & Wang, Xinxin, 2015. "Social Capital, Member Participation, and Cooperative Performance: Evidence from Chinaâ€™s Zhejiang," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 18(1).
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9854-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Farmers' Demand for Fertilizer in Sub-Saharan Africa," Staff Papers 11612, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Poulton, Colin & Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan, 2010. "The Future of Small Farms: New Directions for Services, Institutions, and Intermediation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1413-1428, October.
- Kirui, Oliver K., 2013. "Drivers of Collective Action and the Welfare Gains of such Initiatives among smallholder farmers: Experiences from Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161619, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mather, David, 2012. "Determinants of Crop Income in Rural Mozambique, 2002-2005," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 121861, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Smallholder Farmers and Collective Action: What Determines the Intensity of Participation?," Discussion Papers 108551, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Kirui, Oliver K. & Njiraini, Georgina W., 2013. "Impact of Collective Action on the smallholder agricultural commercialization and incomes: Experiences from Kenya," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161617, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Smallholder Farmers and Collective Action: What Determines the Intensity of Participation?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 28, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Toth, Aniko & Forgacs, Csaba & Ferto, Imre, 2011. "Motivations To Participate In Collective Agricultural Marketing In Hungary," Economics of Agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 58(1).
- Poulton, Colin & Dorward, Andrew & Jowett, A. & Peacock, C. & Urey, Ian, 2004. "Priorities and Preconditions for Successful Investment in Smallholder Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9516, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Wambugu, Stella N. & Okello, Julius Juma & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo & Bekele, Shiferaw, 2009. "Effect of Social Capital on Performance of Smallholder Producer Organizations: The Case of Groundnut Growers in Western Kenya," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51466, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:28:y:2003:i:4:p:405-419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.