Is Indian agriculture becoming resilient to droughts? Evidence from rice production systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel O'Brien & Marvin Hayenga & Bruce Babcock, 1996.
"Deriving Forecast Probability Distributions of Harvest-Time Corn Futures Prices,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 18(2), pages 167-180.
- O'Brien, Daniel & Hayenga, Marvin L. & Babcock, Bruce A., 1996. "Deriving Forecast Probability Distributions of Harvest-Time Corn Futures Prices," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5234, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wang Xiao-jun & Zhang Jian-yun & Shamsuddin Shahid & Amgad ElMahdi & He Rui-min & Bao Zhen-xin & Mahtab Ali, 2012. "Water resources management strategy for adaptation to droughts in China," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 17(8), pages 923-937, December.
- repec:ags:irricg:281814 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carl Pray & Latha Nagarajan & Luping Li & Jikun Huang & Ruifa Hu & K.N. Selvaraj & Ora Napasintuwong & R. Chandra Babu, 2011. "Potential Impact of Biotechnology on Adaption of Agriculture to Climate Change: The Case of Drought Tolerant Rice Breeding in Asia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(10), pages 1-19, September.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel & Sanghi, Apurva, 2001. "The effect of development on the climate sensitivity of agriculture," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 85-101, February.
- Tian Yu & Bruce A. Babcock, 2010.
"Are U.S. Corn and Soybeans Becoming More Drought Tolerant?,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1310-1323.
- Tian Yu & Bruce A. Babcock, 2009. "Are U.S. Corn and Soybeans Becoming More Drought Tolerant?," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 09-wp500, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Yu, Tian & Babcock, Bruce, 2010. "Are U.S. Corn and Soybeans Becoming More Drought Tolerant?," ISU General Staff Papers 201010210700001520, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Yu, Tian & Babcock, Bruce A., 2010. "Are U.S. Corn and Soybeans Becoming More Drought Tolerant?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32098, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar, 2009. "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture," Working Papers 2009-043, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Mottaleb, Khondoker A. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Mohanty, Samarendu & Murty, M.V.R. & Li, Tao & Valera, Harold Glenn & Gumma, Murali Krishna, 2012. "Ex Ante Impact Assessment of a Drought Tolerant Rice Variety in the Presence of Climate Change," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124745, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Quiroga, Sonia & Iglesias, Ana, 2009. "A comparison of the climate risks of cereal, citrus, grapevine and olive production in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 91-100, June.
- Joshi, P.K. & Jha, Awadhesh K. & Wani, S.P. & Joshi, Laxmi & Shiyani, R.L., 2005. "Meta-analysis to assess impact of watershed program and people’s participation," IWMI Research Reports 92825, International Water Management Institute.
- Dono, Gabriele & Mazzapicchio, Graziano, 2010. "Uncertain water supply in an irrigated Mediterranean area: An analysis of the possible economic impact of climate change on the farm sector," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(6), pages 361-370, July.
- Dannele E. Peck & Richard M. Adams, 2010. "Farm-level impacts of prolonged drought: is a multiyear event more than the sum of its parts?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(1), pages 43-60, January.
- De Salvo, Maria & Raffaelli, Roberta & Moser, Riccarda, 2013. "The impact of climate change on permanent crops in an Alpine region: A Ricardian analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 23-32.
- Cline, William R, 1996. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1309-1311, December.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Koo, Jawoo & Robertson, Richard & Sulser, Timothy & Zhu, Tingju & Ringler, Claudia & Msangi, Siwa & Palazzo, Amanda & Batka, Miroslav & Magalhaes, Marilia & Va, 2009. "Climate change: Impact on agriculture and costs of adaptation," Food policy reports 21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Peck, Dannele E. & Adams, Richard M., 2010. "Farm-level impacts of prolonged drought: is a multiyear event more than the sum of its parts?," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(1), pages 1-18.
- Munshi, Kaivan, 2004. "Social learning in a heterogeneous population: technology diffusion in the Indian Green Revolution," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 185-213, February.
- Genti Kostandini & Bradford F. Mills & Steven Were Omamo & Stanley Wood, 2009.
"Ex ante analysis of the benefits of transgenic drought tolerance research on cereal crops in low‐income countries,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(4), pages 477-492, July.
- Kostandini, Genti & Mills, Bradford F. & Omamo, Steven Were & Wood, Stanley, 2007. "Ex-Ante Analysis of the Benefits of Transgenic Drought Tolerance Research on Cereal Crops in Low-Income Countries," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9940, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Birthal, P.S. & Negi, Digvijay S. & Kumar, Shiv & Aggarwal, Shaily & Suresh, A. & Khan, Md. Tajuddin, 2014. "How Sensitive is Indian Agriculture to Climate Change?," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 69(4), pages 1-14.
- Pandey, Sushil & Pal, Suresh, 2007. "Are less-favored environments over-invested? The case of rice research in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 606-623.
- Joshi, P. K. & Jha, A. K. & Wani, S. P. & Joshi, L. & Shiyani, R. L., 2005. "Meta-analysis to assess impact of watershed program and people’s participation," IWMI Research Reports H037467, International Water Management Institute.
- Jacoby, Hanan & Rabassa, Mariano & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2011. "Distributional implications of climate change in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5623, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:173:y:2019:i:c:p:345-354 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:203:y:2018:i:c:p:379-393 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khan, M.T. & Joshi, P.K. & Khurana, R. & Kishore, A., 2018. "Evolving Watershed Clusters into Drought-Proof, Climate-Resilient Areas: An Impact Evaluation Study in Maharashtra, India," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277385, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:spr:ediscc:v:2:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s41885-018-0023-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Pereira Fontes, Ashley Gorst, Charles Palmer, 2017. "Does choice of drought index influence estimates of drought-induced cereal losses in India?," GRI Working Papers 274, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Pourzand, Farnaz & Noy, Ilan & SaÄŸlam, YiÄŸit, 2019. "Droughts and farmsâ€™ financial performance in New Zealand: A micro farm level study," Working Paper Series 8159, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Farnaz Pourzand & Ilan Noy & Yigit Saglam, 2019. "Droughts and farms' financial performance in New Zealand: a micro farm-level study," CESifo Working Paper Series 7633, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsDrought; Rice; Irrigation; Varieties; India;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:56:y:2015:i:c:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.