Meta-analysis to assess impact of watershed program and people’s participation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kijne, J. W. & Barker, R. & Molden. D., 2003. "Water productivity in agriculture: limits and opportunities for improvement," IWMI Books, Reports H032631, International Water Management Institute.
- Wani, S. P. & Pathak, P. & Sreedevi, T. K. & Singh, H. P. & Singh, P., 2003. "Efficient management of rainwater for increased crop productivity and groundwater recharge in Asia," IWMI Books, Reports H032643, International Water Management Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oweis, T. & Hachum, A., 2009. "Water harvesting for improved rainfed agriculture in the dry environments," IWMI Books, Reports H041998, International Water Management Institute.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Kebede, Tewodros & Ratna Reddy, V., 2008. "Community watershed management in semi-arid India: The state of collective action and its effects on natural resources and rural livelihoods," CAPRi working papers 85, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hope, R.A., 2007. "Evaluating Social Impacts of Watershed Development in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1436-1449, August.
- Glendenning, C.J. & van Ogtrop, F.F. & Mishra, A.K. & Vervoort, R.W., 2012. "Balancing watershed and local scale impacts of rain water harvesting in India—A review," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 1-13.
- Sharma, Bharat R. & Rao, K. V. & Vittal, K. P. R., 2009. "Converting rain into grain: opportunities for realizing the potential of rain-fed agriculture in India," IWMI Books, Reports H042038, International Water Management Institute.
- Bekele Shiferaw & Julius Okello & Ratna Reddy, 2009. "Adoption and adaptation of natural resource management innovations in smallholder agriculture: reflections on key lessons and best practices," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 601-619, June.
- Sharma, Bharat R. & Rao, K.V. & Vittal, K.P.R. & Ramakrishna, Y.S. & Amarasinghe, U., 2010. "Estimating the potential of rainfed agriculture in India: Prospects for water productivity improvements," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 23-30, January.
- Bouma, Jetske A. & Biggs, Trent W. & Bouwer, Laurens M., 2011. "The downstream externalities of harvesting rainwater in semi-arid watersheds: An Indian case study," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(7), pages 1162-1170, May.
- Sreedevi, T. K. & Wani, S. P., 2009. "Integrated farm management practices and upscaling the impact for increased productivity of rainfed systems," IWMI Books, Reports H042001, International Water Management Institute.
- Birthal, Pratap S. & Negi, Digvijay S. & Khan, Md. Tajuddin & Agarwal, Shaily, 2015. "Is Indian agriculture becoming resilient to droughts? Evidence from rice production systems," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-12.
- Shaheen, F.A. & Wani, M.H. & Baba, S.H., 2010. "Sustainable Hill Agricultural Practices through Watershed Development Programmes and their Impact in Himalayan States," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 65(3).
- Shiferaw, Bekele A. & Kebede, Tewodros A. & Reddy, V. Ratna, 2009. "Enabling Institutions, Collective Action and Watershed Management in Semi-Arid India: Effects on Natural Resources and Rural Poverty," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51435, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kumar, Shalander & Ramilan, Thiagarajah & Ramarao, C.A. & Rao, Ch. Srinivasa & Whitbread, Anthony, 2016. "Farm level rainwater harvesting across different agro climatic regions of India: Assessing performance and its determinants," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 55-66.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Reddy, V. Ratna & Wani, Suhas P., 2008. "Watershed externalities, shifting cropping patterns and groundwater depletion in Indian semi-arid villages: The effect of alternative water pricing policies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 327-340, September.
- Reddy, V. Ratna & Rout, Sanjit Kumar & Chiranjeevi, T. & Sharma, S.S.P., 2012. "Performance and Factors Influencing the Impact of Watershed Development Programme in Rajasthan," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 67(1).
- Tumbo, S.D. & Mutabazi, K.D. & Byakugila, M.M. & Mahoo, H.F.M., 2011. "An empirical framework for scaling-out of water system innovations: Lessons from diffusion of water system innovations in the Makanya catchment in Northern Tanzania," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(11), pages 1761-1773, September.
- Sharma, Bharat R. & Rao, K. V. & Vittal, K. P. R. & Amarasinghe, Upali A., 2008. "Converting rain into grain: opportunities for realizing the potential of rain-fed agriculture in India," Conference Papers h041806, International Water Management Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsWatershed management / Social participation / Decision making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:rerpts:h037467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .