Farm productivity and efficiency in rural Bangladesh: the role of education revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- M Niaz Asadullah & Sanzidur Rahman, 2005. "Farm productivity and efficiency in rural Bangladesh:The role of education revisited," CSAE Working Paper Series 2005-10, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Asadullah, M. Niaz & Rahman, Sanzidur, 2006. "Farm Productivity and Efficiency in Rural Bangladesh: The Role of Education Revisited," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25482, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hasnah & Fleming, Euan & Coelli, Tim, 2004. "Assessing the performance of a nucleus estate and smallholder scheme for oil palm production in West Sumatra: a stochastic frontier analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 17-30, January.
- Ahmed, Raisuddin & Hossain, Mahabub, 1990. "Developmental impact of rural infrastructure in Bangladesh:," Research reports 83, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhandari, Basu Deb & Gillespie, Jeffrey & Scaglia, Guillermo, 2015. "Efficiency of U.S. Grass-Fed Beef Farms," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196813, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:spr:climat:v:147:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10584-018-2168-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Ferreira, 2018. "Does education enhance productivity in smallholder agriculture? Causal evidence from Malawi," Working Papers 05/2018, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Malte Reimers & Stephan Klasen, 2013.
"Revisiting the Role of Education for Agricultural Productivity,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(1), pages 131-152.
- Malte Reimers & Stephan Klasen, 2011. "Revisiting the Role of Education for Agricultural Productivity," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 90, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Malte Reimers & Stephan Klasen, 2011. "Revisiting the Role of Education for Agricultural Productivity," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 214, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research, revised 27 Jul 2012.
- Ogundari, Kolawole, 2009. "A Meta-Analysis Of Technical Efficiency In Nigerian Agriculture," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50327, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Naomi Hossain, 2009. "School Exclusion as Social Exclusion: The Practices And Effects of Conditional Cash Transfer Programme for the Poor in Bangladesh," Working Papers id:2177, eSocialSciences.
- Aziz Karimov, 2014. "Factors affecting efficiency of cotton producers in rural Khorezm, Uzbekistan: Re-examining the role of knowledge indicators in technical efficiency improvement," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-16, December.
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:39:y:2017:i:3:p:428-440. is not listed on IDEAS
- Anik, Asif Reza & Breustedt, Gunnar & Bauer, Siegfried, 2011. "The Impact of Corruption on Farmers' Efficiency in Rice Production: A Natural Experiment from Bangladesh," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114224, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Klasen, Stephan & Reimers, Malte, 2017.
"Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 147-168.
- Klasen, Stephan & Reimers, Malte, 2013. "Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149745, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stephan Klasen & Malte Reimers, 2016. "Looking at Pro-Poor Growth from an Agricultural Perspective," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 201, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Shaikh M.S.U. Eskander & Edward B. Barbier & Benjamin Gilbert, 2018.
"Fishing and Nonfishing Income Decisions: The Role of Human Capital and Family Structure,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 94(1), pages 114-136.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Barbier, Edward B. & Gilbert, Ben, 2018. "Fishing and non-fishing income decisions: the role of human capital and family structure," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 74318, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2009.
"Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh?,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 340-349, August.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2008. "Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36867, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Tleubayev, Alisher & Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Götz, Linde & Hockmann, Heinrich & Glauben, Thomas, 2017.
"Determinants of productivity and efficiency of wheat production in Kazakhstan: A stochastic frontier approach
[Determinanten von Produktivität und Effizienz der Weizenproduktion in Kasachstan: Ein ," IAMO Discussion Papers 160, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Ogundari, Kolawole, 2014. "The Paradigm of Agricultural Efficiency and its Implication on Food Security in Africa: What Does Meta-analysis Reveal?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 690-702.
- Sanzidur Rahman, 2011.
"Resource use efficiency under self‐selectivity: the case of Bangladeshi rice producers,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(2), pages 273-290, April.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2011. "Resource use efficiency under self-selectivity: the case of Bangladeshi rice producers," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(2), June.
- ERREYGERS, Guido & FEREDE, Tadele, 2009. "The end of subsistence farming: Growth dynamics and investments in human and environmental capital in rural Ethiopia," Working Papers 2009008, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Kazal, Mohammad Mizanul Haque, 2015. "Whether crop diversification is energy efficient: An empirical analysis from Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 745-754.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Contextual Effects of Education on Poverty in Malawi," MPRA Paper 75976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:770-:d:97918 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mussa, Richard, 2014. "Externalities of Education on Efficiency and Production Uncertainty of Maize in Rural Malawi," MPRA Paper 54628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Long-term Effects of Early Life Maize Yield on Maize Productivity and Efficiency in Rural Malawi," MPRA Paper 75975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asif Reza Anik & Sanzidur Rahman & Jaba Rani Sarker, 2017. "Agricultural Productivity Growth and the Role of Capital in South Asia (1980–2013)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-24, March.
- Gille, Véronique, 2011. "Education spillovers in farm productivity: empirical evidence in rural India," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 31, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Hasan, M. Kamrul, 2014. "Energy productivity and efficiency of wheat farming in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 107-114.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Barmon, Basanta K., 2012. "Energy productivity and efficiency of the ‘gher’ (prawn-fish-rice) farming system in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 293-300.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- N5 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:41:y:2009:i:1:p:17-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.