A smooth ride: Terms of trade, volatility and GDP growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Grimes, Arthur, 2006. "A Smooth Ride: Terms of Trade, Volatility and GDP Growth," Occasional Papers 06/4, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eaton, Jonathan & Kortum, Samuel, 2001.
"Trade in capital goods,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(7), pages 1195-1235.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2000. "Trade in Capital Goods," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-109, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2004. "Trade in Capital Goods," Levine's Working Paper Archive 228400000000000019, David K. Levine.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2001. "Trade in Capital Goods," NBER Working Papers 8070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Easterly, William & Kremer, Michael & Pritchett, Lant & Summers, Lawrence H., 1993.
"Good policy or good luck?: Country growth performance and temporary shocks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 459-483, December.
- William Easterly & Michael Kremer & Lant Pritchett & Lawrence H. Summers, 1993. "Good Policy or Good Luck? Country Growth Performance and Temporary Shocks," NBER Working Papers 4474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramey, Garey & Ramey, Valerie A, 1995.
"Cross-Country Evidence on the Link between Volatility and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1138-1151, December.
- Garey Ramey & Valerie A. Ramey, 1994. "Cross-Country Evidence on the Link Between Volatility and Growth," NBER Working Papers 4959, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian & Levy Yeyati, Eduardo, 2005.
"Flexible exchange rates as shock absorbers,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(8), pages 2079-2105, November.
- Sebastian Edwards & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2003. "Flexible Exchange Rates as Shock Absorbers," NBER Working Papers 9867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2004. "Flexible Exchange Rates as Shock Absorbers," Business School Working Papers exchangerates, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Chattopadhyay, Pradip, 2003.
"Volatility and growth in developing economies: some numerical results and empirical evidence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 267-295, March.
- Stephen Turnovsky & Pradip Chattopadhyay, 1998. "Volatility and Growth in Developing Economies: Some Numerical Results and Empirical Evidence," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0055, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Stephen Turnovsky & Pradip Chattopadhyay, 1998. "Volatility and Growth in Developing Economies: Some Numerical Results and Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 0055, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Bloomfield, Arthur I, 1984. "Effect of Growth on the Terms of Trade: Some Earlier Views," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 51(202), pages 187-193, May.
- Robert Buckle & David Haugh & Peter Thomson, 2003.
"Calm after the storm? Supply-side contributions to New Zealand's GDP volatility decline,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 217-243.
- Robert A Buckle & David Haugh & Peter Thomson, 2001. "Calm after the Storm?: Supply-side contributions to New Zealand’s GDP volatility decline," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/33, New Zealand Treasury.
- Francesco Caselli & James Feyrer, 2007.
"The Marginal Product of Capital,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 535-568.
- Caselli, Francesco & Feyrer, James, 2005. "The Marginal Product of Capital," CEPR Discussion Papers 5203, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & James Feyrer, 2005. "The Marginal Product of Capital," NBER Working Papers 11551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caselli, Francesco & Feyrer, James, 2006. "The marginal product of capital," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3560, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francesco Caselli & James Feyrer, 2006. "The Marginal Product of Capital," CEP Discussion Papers dp0735, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Wells, Graeme & Evans, Lewis, 1985. "The Impact of Traded Goods Prices on the New Zealand Economy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 61(172), pages 421-435, March.
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Peter J. Klenow, 2007.
"Relative Prices and Relative Prosperity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 562-585, June.
- Mendoza, Enrique G., 1997. "Terms-of-trade uncertainty and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 323-356, December.
- Robert A. Buckle & David Haugh & Peter Thomson, 2004. "Markov Switching Models for GDP Growth in a Small Open Economy: The New Zealand Experience," Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis, OECD Publishing, Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys, vol. 2004(2), pages 227-257.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thanh, Su Dinh, 2015. "Threshold effects of infl ation on growth in the ASEAN-5 countries: A Panel Smooth Transition Regression approach," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 20(38), pages 41-48.
- Dan Andrews & Daniel Rees, 2009. "Macroeconomic Volatility and Terms of Trade Shocks," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2009-05, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Hock Wong, 2010. "Terms of trade and economic growth in Japan and Korea: an empirical analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 139-158, February.
- Daan Steenkamp, 2014. "How volatile are New Zealand’s terms of trade? An international comparison," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 77, pages 3-14, June.
- Fabling, Richard & Sanderson, Lynda, 2008. "Firm Level Patterns in Merchandise Trade," Occasional Papers 08/3, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Piotr Misztal, 2012. "Terms of Trade and Economic Growth in Poland in the period 1980-2009," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 15(45), pages 51-67, December.
- Arthur Grimes & Sean Hyland, 2013. "Passing the Buck: Impacts of Commodity Price Shocks on Local Outcomes," Working Papers 13_10, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Buckle, Robert A. & Kim, Kunhong & Kirkham, Heather & McLellan, Nathan & Sharma, Jarad, 2007. "A structural VAR business cycle model for a volatile small open economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 990-1017, November.
More about this item
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- N17 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Africa; Oceania
- O56 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Oceania
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:17:y:2006:i:4:p:583-600. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.