Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control
August 1997, Volume 21, Issue 10
- 1627-1644 A portfolio approach to endogenous growth: equilibrium and optimal policy
by Corsetti, Giancarlo
- 1645-1667 Using stochastic growth models to understand unit roots and breaking trends
by Lau, Sau-Him Paul
- 1669-1697 Optimal policy in a model of endogenous fluctuations and assets
by Taub, B.
- 1699-1725 On the dynamic selection of mechanisms for provision of public projects
by Lagunoff, Roger
- 1727-1746 Industry evolution and R&D externalities
by Folster, Stefan & Trofimov, Georgi
- 1747-1776 Labor market search and capital accumulation: Some analytical results
by Shi, Shouyong & Wen, Quan
- 1777-1780 Hierarchical Decision Making in Stochastic Manufacturing Systems : S.P. Sethi and Qing Zhang, (Birkhauser, Boston, Cambridge, MA) ISBN 0-8176-3735-4
by Boukas, El-Kebir
June 1997, Volume 21, Issue 8-9
- 1263-1265 Introduction
by Zenios, Stavros A.
- 1267-1321 Monte Carlo methods for security pricing
by Boyle, Phelim & Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul
- 1323-1352 Pricing American-style securities using simulation
by Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul
- 1353-1376 Optimal delta-hedging under transactions costs
by Clewlow, Les & Hodges, Stewart
- 1377-1403 Strategic asset allocation
by Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S. & Lagnado, Ronald
- 1405-1425 Solving long-term financial planning problems via global optimization
by Maranas, C. D. & Androulakis, I. P. & Floudas, C. A. & Berger, A. J. & Mulvey, J. M.
- 1427-1444 An integrated stock-bond portfolio optimization model
by Konno, Hiroshi & Kobayashi, Katsunari
- 1445-1470 A model for designing callable bonds and its solution using tabu search
by Consiglio, Andrea & Zenios, Stavros A.
- 1471-1491 Order flow and the bid-ask spread: An empirical probability model of screen-based trading
by Bollerslev, Tim & Domowitz, Ian & Wang, Jianxin
- 1493-1510 Maximum likelihood estimation of the nonlinear rational expectations asset pricing model
by Miranda, Mario J. & Rui, Xiongwen
- 1511-1542 Precautionary portfolio behavior from a life-cycle perspective
by Bertaut, Carol C. & Haliassos, Michael
- 1543-1575 A learning-to-forecast experiment on the foreign exchange market with a classifier system
by Beltrametti, Luca & Fiorentini, Riccardo & Marengo, Luigi & Tamborini, Roberto
June 1997, Volume 21, Issue 7
- 1117-1147 Explaining the facts with adaptive agents: The case of mutual fund flows
by Lettau, Martin
- 1149-1171 E-equilibria and adaptive expectations: Output and inflation in the LBS model
by Garratt, Anthony & Hall, Stephen G.
- 1173-1180 A reconsideration of the (in)sensitivity of tests of the intertemporal allocation of consumption to near rational alternatives
by Glaeser, Edward L. & Paulson, Anna L.
- 1181-1198 Aggregate investment in a business cycle model with adjustment costs
by Valles, Javier
- 1199-1227 On aggregation of information in competitive markets: The dynamic case
by Naik, Narayan Y.
- 1229-1258 Multi-period information markets
by Naik, Narayan Y.
- 1259-1262 Growth and economic development : Siro Lombardini, (Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, Glos., UK; Brookfield, Vermont, USA) ISBN 1 85898 394 0; [UK pound]49.95
by Velupillai, K. Vela
June 1997, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 905-906 The JEDC and computational economics
by Amman, Hans M.
- 907-942 Computational economics and economic theory: Substitutes or complements?
by Judd, Kenneth L.
- 943-953 On the computability of Nash equilibria
by Prasad, Kislaya
- 955-979 Expository notes on computability and complexity in (arithmetical) games
by (Vela) Velupillai, K.
- 981-1003 Do CAPM results hold in a dynamic economy? A numerical analysis
by Akdeniz, Levent & Dechert, W. Davis
- 1005-1023 Technical progress and aggregate fluctuations
by Hansen, Gary D.
- 1025-1042 Asymptotic methods for aggregate growth models
by Judd, Kenneth L. & Guu, Sy-Ming
- 1043-1063 Toward a computable approach to the efficient market hypothesis: An application of genetic programming
by Chen, Shu-Heng & Yeh, Chia-Hsuan
- 1065-1092 A robust hedging algorithm
by Howe, M. A. & Rustem, B.
- 1093-1111 Sparse direct methods for model simulation
by Gilli, Manfred & Pauletto, Giorgio
- 1113-1116 Dynamic noncooperative game theory : Tamer Basar and Geert Jan Olsder, 2nd ed. (Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1995) ISBN 0-12-080221-X
by Ehtamo, Harri
May 1997, Volume 21, Issue 4-5
- 661-695 A floor and ceiling model of US output
by Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M.
- 697-722 A stochastic equilibrium model of internet pricing
by Gupta, Alok & Stahl, Dale O. & Whinston, Andrew B.
- 723-737 Chow's method of optimal control
by Reiter, Michael
- 739-752 Chow's method of optimal control: A numerical solution
by Kwan, Yum K. & Chow, Gregory C.
- 753-782 Hedging in incomplete markets with HARA utility
by Duffie, Darrell & Fleming, Wendell & Soner, H. Mete & Zariphopoulou, Thaleia
- 783-829 Equilibrium analysis of the infinite horizon model with smooth discounted utility functions
by Balasko, Yves
- 831-852 An exact solution for the investment and value of a firm facing uncertainty, adjustment costs, and irreversibility
by Abel, Andrew B. & Eberly, Janice C.
- 853-872 A market structure for an environment with heterogeneous job-matches, indivisible labor and persistent unemployment
by Merz, Monika
- 873-894 Central bank independence and public debt policy
by Beetsma, Roel M. W. J. & Bovenberg, A. Lans
- 895-898 Economic growth : Robert J. Barro and Xavier Sala-i-Martin, (McGraw-Hill, 1995), 539 pp
by Chen, Been-Lon
- 899-903 Control and game-theoretic models of the environment : C. Carraro and J.A. Filar (eds.) Annals of the International Society of Dynamic Games, Vol. 2 (Birkhauser, Boston, USA, 1995)
by Duraiappah, Anantha K.
1997, Volume 21, Issue 2-3
- 273-295 A comparison of numerical and analytic approximate solutions to an intertemporal consumption choice problem
by Campbell, John Y. & Koo, Hyeng Keun
- 297-327 Numerical analysis of a free-boundary singular control problem in financial economics
by Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu & Zhu, Steven H.
- 329-345 Optimal funding rules
by Pesaran, B. & Robinson, G. N.
- 347-362 Differential-difference equations in economics: On the numerical solution of vintage capital growth models
by Boucekkine, Raouf & Licandro, Omar & Paul, Christopher
- 363-369 Numerical solutions of the algebraic matrix Riccati equation
by Amman, Hans M. & Neudecker, Heinz
- 371-389 Martingale analysis of dynamic tax incidence in a nonstationary growth model
by Joshi, Sumit
- 391-416 Understanding the welfare implications of currency substitution
by Sturzenegger, Federico
- 417-447 Is there a tragedy of a common central bank? A dynamic analysis
by van Aarle, Bas & Lans Bovenberg, A. & Raith, Matthias G.
- 449-471 Sectoral shocks and movement costs: Effects on employment and welfare
by Shin, Kwanho
- 473-503 Pareto optima, welfare weights, and smooth equilibrium analysis
by Balasko, Yves
- 505-523 Recursive utility, martingales, and the asymptotic behaviour of optimal processes
by Joshi, Sumit
- 525-550 Optimal consumption and portfolio rules with durability and habit formation
by Hindy, Ayman & Huang, Chi-fu & Zhu, Steven H.
- 551-574 On optimal sharing rules in discrete-and continuous-time principal-agent problems with exponential utility
by Schattler, Heinz & Sung, Jaeyoung
- 575-602 Optimal management of an R&D budget
by Dutta, Prajit K.
- 603-630 Optimal investment and finance in renewable resource harvesting
by Jorgensen, Steffen & Kort, Peter M.
- 631-654 The arms trade and the stability of regional arms races
by Levine, Paul & Smith, Ron
- 655-656 Innovation, economics, and revolution : Peter Hall, (Harvester-Wheatsheaf, 1994) ISBN 0-7450-1251-5, [UK pound] 26.95
by Hickson, Charles
- 656-660 Economics under adversity : Jack Hirshleifer, (The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL, 1987) ISBN 0-226-34282-4, $42.00
by Hickson, Charles
January 1997, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-22 Endogenous growth theory: An introduction
by Jones, Larry E. & Manuelli, Rodolfo E.
- 23-73 The empirics of growth and convergence: A selective review
by de la Fuente, Angel
- 75-114 The sources of growth
by Jones, Larry E. & Manuelli, Rodolfo E.
- 115-143 Equilibrium dynamics in two-sector models of endogenous growth
by Ladron-de-Guevara, Antonio & Ortigueira, Salvador & Santos, Manuel S.
- 145-181 Financial markets in development, and the development of financial markets
by Greenwood, Jeremy & Smith, Bruce D.
- 183-204 Productive government expenditures and long-run growth
by Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B.
- 205-242 The problem of population and growth: A review of the literature from Malthus to contemporary models of endogenous population and endogenous growth
by Ehrlich, Isaac & Lui, Francis
- 243-272 Politico-economic equilibrium and economic growth
by Krusell, Per & Quadrini, Vincenzo & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor
1996, Volume 20, Issue 9-10
- 1505-1522 Approaches to economic equilibrium
by Flam, Sjur Didrik
- 1523-1539 Hiring and firing optimally in a large corporation
by Shepp, Larry & Shiryaev, Albert
- 1541-1556 Matchings, covers, and Jacobian matrices
by Gilli, Manfred & Garbely, Myriam
- 1557-1580 Structural information in recursive VAR orderings
by Keating, John W.
- 1581-1608 Forecasting in the presence of large shocks
by Phillips, Robert F.
- 1609-1639 Unemployment and the business cycle in a small open economy: G.M.M. estimation and testing with French data
by Feve, Patrick & Langot, Francois
- 1641-1660 Optimal target zones: How an exchange rate mechanism can improve upon discretion
by Miller, Marcus & Zhang, Lei
- 1661-1682 What do interest rates reveal about the functioning of real business cycle models?
by Beaudry, Paul & Guay, Alain
- 1683-1708 Capacity constraints and voluntary output cutback in dynamic Cournot competition
by Tsutsui, Shunichi O.
- 1709-1729 Cyclical equilibria in multi-sector productive economies: The role of substitution and factor intensity
by Kalra, Sanjay
- 1731-1762 Housing markets and vacant land
by Keuschnigg, Christian & Nielsen, Soren Bo
- 1763-1773 The business cycle model with a unique stable limit cycle
by Sasakura, Kazuyuki
- 1775-1795 Optimality of irreversible pollution accumulation
by Tahvonen, Olli & Withagen, Cees
- 1797-1800 Note on 'Loss of monetary discretion in a simple dynamic policy game'
by Beetsma, Roel M. W. J. & Bovenberg, A. Lans & Jensen, Henrik
- 1801-1808 Investment under uncertainty: A review essay
by Chirinko, Robert S.
- 1809-1813 Testing macroeconometric models : Ray C. Fair, (Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1994) ISBN 0-674-87503-6
by Cappelen, Adne
August 1996, Volume 20, Issue 8
- 1307-1337 Price formation in double auction markets
by Cason, Timothy N. & Friedman, Daniel
- 1339-1366 Policy implications in an adaptive financial economy
by Wai Man Tse
- 1367-1371 An algorithm for evaluating the number of controls in trigger--target models
by Bar-Ilan, Avner & Ben-David, Nissim
- 1373-1393 Risk vs. profit potential: A model for corporate strategy
by Radner, Roy & Shepp, Larry
- 1395-1425 Learning by observation within the firm
by Dutta, Jayasri & Prasad, Kislaya
- 1427-1449 Firm behaviour under the threat of liquidation
by Milne, Alistair & Robertson, Donald
- 1451-1504 Asset and commodity prices with multi-attribute durable goods
by Detemple, Jerome B. & Giannikos, Christos I.
1996, Volume 20, Issue 6-7
- 967-978 Smart market mechanisms: From practice to theory
by Miller, Ross M.
- 979-1006 Learning, regime switches, and equilibrium asset pricing dynamics
by Moore, Bartholomew & Schaller, Huntley
- 1007-1025 Measuring business cycles with business-cycle models
by Gregory, Allan W. & Smith, Gregor W.
- 1027-1049 Using cross-country variances to evaluate growth theories
by Evans, Paul
- 1051-1071 Hybrid algorithms with automatic switching for solving nonlinear equation systems
by Hallett, A. Hughes & Ma, Y. & Yin, Y. P.
- 1073-1100 Heterogeneous beliefs, wealth accumulation, and asset price dynamics
by Cabrales, Antonio & Hoshi, Takeo
- 1101-1113 Optimal hedging in a dynamic futures market with a nonnegativity constraint on wealth
by Lioui, Abraham & Poncet, Patrice
- 1115-1143 Variations in risk and fluctuations in demand: A theoretical model
by Hassler, John A. A.
- 1145-1176 How long is the firm's forecast horizon?
by Gordon, Stephen
- 1177-1192 Duality and liquidity constraints under uncertainty
by Hajivassiliou, Vassilis A. & Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 1193-1207 Habit persistence, heterogeneous tastes, and imperfect competition
by Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj
- 1209-1235 Analysis of Nash equilibria in a class of capital accumulation games
by Dockner, Engelbert J. & Van Long, Ngo & Sorger, Gerhard
- 1237-1261 From decay to growth: A demographic transition to economic growth
by Tamura, Robert
- 1263-1288 Are taxes too low?
by Manasse, Paolo
- 1289-1305 Accounting for global warming risks: Resource management under event uncertainty
by Tsur, Yacov & Zemel, Amos
May 1996, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 751-765 Uniqueness of Markov-perfect equilibrium in infinite-time affine-quadratic differential games
by Lockwood, Ben
- 767-789 Improved estimates of the parameters of state space time series models
by Havenner, Arthur & Zhiqiang Leng
- 791-809 Ruling out speculative hyperinflations The role of the government
by Nicolini, Juan Pablo
- 811-817 Bounded rationality in macroeconomics : Thomas J. Sargent, (Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 1993) pp. xii, 184; $28.00, Paper $16.95
by De Vany, Arthur
- 819-824 Elements of information theory : Tomas M. Cover and Joy A. Thomas, (John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, 1991)
by Shu-Heng Chen
- 825-845 Regional economies and market integration
by Tamura, Robert
- 847-877 Increasing returns and crowding out
by Azariadis, Costas & Reichlin, Pietro
- 879-904 Employment cycles in search equilibrium
by Fanizza, Domenico
- 905-923 A multisectoral general equilibrium model of Schumpeterian growth and fluctuations
by Cheng, Leonard K. & Dinopoulos, Elias
- 925-944 Endogenous growth and collective bargaining
by Palokangas, Tapio
- 945-961 Incomplete asset markets and the cross-country consumption correlation puzzle
by Kollmann, Robert
- 963-966 A note on cointegration and control
by Ferreira, Eva & Regulez, Marta
April 1996, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 527-558 Rules of thumb in macroeconomic equilibrium A quantitative analysis
by Krusell, Per & Smith, Anthony Jr.
- 559-582 A maximum entropy approach to estimation and inference in dynamic models or Counting fish in the sea using maximum entropy
by Golan, Amos & Judge, George & Karp, Larry
- 583-600 Experimental evidence on money as a medium of exchange
by Brown, Paul M.
- 601-605 Artificial intelligence in economics Truth and dare
by Benaroch, Michel
- 607-626 Market equilibria with endogenous, hierarchical information
by McNulty, Mark S. & Huffman, Wallace E.
- 627-656 Aggregate fluctuations with increasing returns to specialization and scale
by Devereux, Michael B. & Head, Allen C. & Lapham, Beverly J.
- 657-680 Balanced-growth-consistent recursive utility
by Dolmas, Jim
- 681-689 Interpreting a stochastic monetary growth model as a modified social planner's problem
by Salyer, Kevin D.
- 691-708 Dynamic optimal taxation in small open economies
by Correia, Isabel H.
- 709-750 Reconciling the term structure of interest rates with the consumption-based ICAP model
by Canova, Fabio & Marrinan, Jane
1996, Volume 20, Issue 1-3
- 1-18 The lagrange method of optimization with applications to portfolio and investment decisions
by Chow, Gregory C.
- 19-42 Solving the stochastic growth model with a finite element method
by McGrattan, Ellen R.
- 43-62 On the stability of an adjustment process for spatial price equilibrium modeled as a projected dynamical system
by Nagurney, Anna & Zhang, Ding
- 63-92 Value function approximation in the presence of uncertainty and inequality constraints an application to the demand for credit cards
by Hartley, Peter R.
- 93-121 Separating the effects of aggregate and sectoral shocks with estimates from a Markov-switching search model
by Storer, Paul
- 123-143 Looking for evidence of speculative stockholding in commodity markets
by Ng, Serena
- 145-171 Controlling inventory when prices fluctuate randomly
by Shah, Sudhir A.
- 173-207 Finite automata play repeated prisoner's dilemma with information processing costs
by Ho, Teck-Hua
- 209-236 An object-oriented knowledge-based approach for formulating applied general equilibrium models
by Wang, Zhi & Slagle, James
- 237-256 Fiscal spending shocks, endogenous government spending, and real business cycles
by Ambler, Steve & Paquet, Alain
- 257-279 The timing of stabilizations
by Orphanides, Athanasios
- 281-313 Impatience and long-run growth
by Drugeon, Jean-Pierre
- 315-331 Factor demand models with nonlinear short-run fluctuations
by Pfann, Gerard A.
- 333-359 Optimal search with learning
by Bikhchandani, Sushil & Sharma, Sunil
- 361-384 Stochastic multi-agent equilibria in economies with jump-diffusion uncertainty
by Bardhan, Indrajit & Chao, Xiuli
- 385-413 Biconvergent stochastic dynamic programming, asymptotic impatience, and 'average' growth
by Streufert, Peter A.
- 415-431 On the local stability of the stationary solution to variational problems
by Rodriguez, Alvaro
- 433-444 Existence of equilibria in exhaustible resource industries Nonconvexities and discrete vs. continuous time
by Lozada, Gabriel A.
- 445-470 Composition of R&D and technological cycles
by Bhattacharjya, Ashoke S.
- 471-477 Distribution of bankruptcy time in a consumption/portfolio problem
by Presman, E. & Sethi, S.
- 479-519 Do open market operations matter? Theory and evidence from the Second Bank of the United States
by Highfield, Richard A. & O'Hara, Maureen & Smith, Bruce
- 521-523 Rules, reputation and macroeconomic policy coordination : David Currie and Paul Levine, (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1993) HB[UK pound]45, 430 pp
by Cripps, M. W.
November 1995, Volume 19, Issue 8
- 1299-1324 Extension of GAMS for complementarity problems arising in applied economic analysis
by Rutherford, Thomas F.
- 1325-1353 Limited-dependent rational expectations models with future expectations
by Pesaran, M. Hashem & Samiei, Hossein
- 1355-1389 A dynamic general equilibrium analysis of deviations from the laws of one price
by Lapham, Beverly J.
- 1391-1403 A statistical identity linking folded and censored distributions
by Rose, Colin
- 1405-1428 Growth and the effects of inflation
by Jones, Larry E. & Manuelli, Rodolfo E.
- 1429-1448 Optimal disinflationary paths
by Ireland, Peter N.
- 1449-1469 Continuous time vs. backward induction a new approach to modelling reputation in the finite time horizon context
by Conlon, John R.
- 1471-1488 Investment under alternative return assumptions Comparing random walks and mean reversion
by Metcalf, Gilbert E. & Hassett, Kevin A.
- 1489-1510 Endogenous fertility, multiple growth paths, and economic convergence
by Palivos, Theodore
- 1511-1528 Social insurance and taxation under sequential majority voting and utilitarian regimes
by Rao Aiyagari, S. & Peled, Dan
1995, Volume 19, Issue 5-7
- 873-900 Portfolio choice with Knightian uncertainty
by Orszag, J. Michael & Yang, Hong
- 901-908 Computing optimal multi-currency mean-variance portfolios
by Rustem, Berc
- 909-940 The term structure of interest rates in real and monetary economies
by den Haan, Wouter J.
- 941-959 Policy bargains and the problem of model selection
by Hallett, A. J. Hughes
- 961-984 On H[infin] criteria for macroeconomic policy evaluation
by Caravani, P.
- 985-1009 Business cycles with distorting taxes and disaggregated capital markets
by Chang, Ly-June
- 1011-1032 Linear aggregation in cointegrated systems
by Ghose, Devajyoti
- 1033-1064 The transfer of human capital
by Jovanovic, Boyan & Nyarko, Yaw
- 1065-1089 Consistency and cautious fictitious play
by Fudenberg, Drew & Levine, David K.
- 1091-1111 Monetary policy games with broad money targets a linear quadratic control analysis of the U.S. and Japan
by McNelis, Paul D. & Asilis, Carlos M.
- 1113-1140 Induction and the Ramsey policy
by Cho, In-Koo & Matsui, Akihiko
- 1141-1163 Large external debt and (slow) domestic growth a theoretical analysis
by Cohen, Daniel
- 1165-1197 Optimal tax rules in a dynamic stochastic economy with capital
by Cassou, Steven P.
- 1199-1222 Does the federal reserve affect asset prices?
by Tarhan, Vefa
- 1223-1247 Public investment, private investment, and inflation
by Buffie, Edward F.
- 1249-1281 Variance properties of Solow's productivity residual and their cyclical implications
by Finn, Mary G.
- 1283-1292 Learning about variable demand in the long run
by Rustichini, Aldo & Wolinsky, Asher
- 1293-1296 A note on least-squares learning mechanism
by Chang, M. C. & Chu, C. Y. Cyrus & Lin, Kenneth S.
- 1297-1298 Erratum
by Sethi, Suresh P. & Taksar, Michael I. & Presman, Ernst L.
May 1995, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 663-681 Potential problems in estimating bilinear time-series models
by Brunner, Allan D. & Hess, Gregory D.
- 683-710 Dealer market structure, outside competition, and the bid-ask spread
by Laux, Paul A.
- 711-734 An alternative methodology for solving nonlinear forward-looking models
by Boucekkine, Raouf
- 735-739 Computational economies
by Bruun, Charlotte
- 741-745 Neural network learning and expert systems
by Luna, Francesco
- 747-786 The composition of government expenditure and its consequences for macroeconomic performance
by Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Fisher, Walter H.
- 787-811 Equilibrium asset prices and exchange rates
by Zapatero, Fernando
- 813-830 General dynamics in overlapping generations models
by Carrera, Carmen & Moran, Manuel
- 831-843 Stationary sunspot equilibrium in a cash-in-advance economy
by Huo, Teh-Ming
- 845-856 A note on short-term intersectoral factor immobility
by van Wincoop, Eric
- 857-862 Imperfect competition and international trade
by Bjorksten, Neil
- 863-867 Wicksell's monetary theory
by Hernandez-Aramburo, Luis A.
- 869-872 Theorists of economic growth from David Hume to the present
by Mongardini, Joannes
April 1995, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 457-480 Optimal portfolio and consumption decisions in a stochastic environment with precommitment
by Ehrlich, Isaac & Hamlen, William Jr.
- 481-501 Robust economic models
by Lady, George M.