Could myopic pricing be a strategic choice in marketing channels? A game theoretic analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fershtman, Chaim & Kamien, Morton I, 1987. "Dynamic Duopolistic Competition with Sticky Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1151-1164, September.
- Frank M. Bass & Alain V. Bultez, 1982. "Technical Note—A Note on Optimal Strategic Pricing of Technological Innovations," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(4), pages 371-378.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Vithala R. Rao, 1996. "Pricing Strategies in a Dynamic Duopoly: A Differential Game Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(11), pages 1501-1514, November.
- Joseph J. Spengler, 1950. "Vertical Integration and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 347-347.
- Jorgensen, Steffen & Taboubi, Sihem & Zaccour, Georges, 2003. "Retail promotions with negative brand image effects: Is cooperation possible?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 395-405, October.
- William A. Brock & Cars H. Hommes, 1997. "A Rational Route to Randomness," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1059-1096, September.
- S. Chan Choi, 1991. "Price Competition in a Channel Structure with a Common Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 271-296.
- Praveen K. Kopalle & Carl F. Mela & Lawrence Marsh, 1999. "The Dynamic Effect of Discounting on Sales: Empirical Analysis and Normative Pricing Implications," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 317-332.
- Bruce Robinson & Chet Lakhani, 1975. "Dynamic Price Models for New-Product Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(10), pages 1113-1122, June.
- Jorgensen, Steffen & Zaccour, Georges, 2003. "Channel coordination over time: incentive equilibria and credibility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 801-822, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martín-Herrán, Guiomar & Taboubi, Sihem & Zaccour, Georges, 2012. "Dual role of price and myopia in a marketing channel," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 284-295.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & Martín-Herrán, Guiomar, 2016.
"The impact of foresight in a transboundary pollution game,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 251(1), pages 300-309.
- Hassan BENCHEKROUN & Guiomar MARTÍN-HERRÁN, 2015. "The Impact of Foresight in a Transboundary Pollution Game," Cahiers de recherche 11-2015, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Fuxiao Lu & Guowei Liu & Jianxiong Zhang & Wansheng Tang, 2016. "Benefits of partial myopia in a durable product supply chain considering pricing and advertising," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(10), pages 1309-1324, October.
- Zhang, Jie & Kevin Chiang, Wei–yu & Liang, Liang, 2014. "Strategic pricing with reference effects in a competitive supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 126-135.
- Martín-Herrán, Guiomar & Taboubi, Sihem, 2015. "Price coordination in distribution channels: A dynamic perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 401-414.
- Jie Xu & Nan Liu, 2017. "Research on closed loop supply chain with reference price effect," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 51-64, January.
- Fabien Ngendakuriyo & Sihem Taboubi, 2017. "Pricing Strategies of Complementary Products in Distribution Channels: A Dynamic Approach," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 48-66, March.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Guiomar Martín-Herrán, 2012. "Farsight and Myopia in a Transboundary Pollution Game," Cahiers de recherche 06-2012, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:191:y:2017:i:c:p:128-142 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMarketing channels Pricing Retailing Myopia Differential games;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:33:y:2009:i:9:p:1699-1718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .