Note on Goodwin's 1951 nonlinear accelerator model with an investment delay
This paper reexamines Goodwin's business cycle model with nonlinear acceleration principle that gives rise to cyclic oscillations when its stationary state is locally unstable. Fixed time delay in the investment is replaced by continuously distributed time delay. It is first demonstrated that the latter has stronger stabilizing effect than the former and, second, that multiple limit cycles may coexist when the stationary state is locally stable.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sasakura, Kazuyuki, 1996. "The business cycle model with a unique stable limit cycle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(9-10), pages 1763-1773.
- Yoshida, Hiroyuki & Asada, Toichiro, 2007. "Dynamic analysis of policy lag in a Keynes-Goodwin model: Stability, instability, cycles and chaos," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 441-469, March.
- Grasman, Johan & Wentzel, Jolanda J., 1994. "Co-existence of a limit cycle and an equilibrium in Kaldor's business cycle model and its consequences," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 369-377, August.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1993. "Periodic, almost periodic and chaotic behaviour in Hicks' non-linear trade cycle model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 391-397.
- Puu, Tonu, 1986. "Multiplier-accelerator models revisited," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 81-95, February.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1995. "A reconsideration of Hicks' non-linear trade cycle model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 435-459, December.
- Matsumoto, Akio, 1997. "A non-linear macro model of endogenous inventory oscillations," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 101-129, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:33:y:2009:i:4:p:832-842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.