Chaos in a Model of Credit Cycles with Good and Bad Projects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cars Hommes & Helena Nusse, 1991. "“Period three to period two” bifurcation for piecewise linear models," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 157-169, June.
- Azariadis, Costas & Smith, Bruce, 1998. "Financial Intermediation and Regime Switching in Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 516-536, June.
- Philippe Aghion & Abhijit Banerjee & Thomas Piketty, 1999.
"Dualism and Macroeconomic Volatility,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1359-1397.
- Piketty, Thomas & Banerjee, Abhijit & Aghion, Philippe, 1997. "Dualism and macroeconomic volatility," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9720, CEPREMAP.
- Piketty, Thomas & Banerjee, Abhijit & Aghion, Philippe, 1999. "Dualism and Macroeconomic Volatility," Scholarly Articles 4554124, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Moore, John, 1997. "Credit Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 211-248, April.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2007. "Credit Traps and Credit Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 503-516, March.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori, 2013.
"The good, the bad, and the ugly: An inquiry into the causes and nature of credit cycles,"
Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 8(3), September.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2004. "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: An Inquiry into the Causes and Nature of Credit Cycles," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-294, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2004. "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: An Inquiry into the Causes and Nature of Credit Cycles," Discussion Papers 1391, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1988. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, And Business Fluctuations," SSRI Workshop Series 292693, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Social Systems Research Institute.
- Hommes, Cars H., 1995. "A reconsideration of Hicks' non-linear trade cycle model," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 435-459, December.
- Gardini, Laura & Sushko, Iryna & Naimzada, Ahmad K., 2008. "Growing through chaotic intervals," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 541-557, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ingrid Kubin & Thomas O. Zörner, 2017. "Human Capital in a Credit Cycle Model," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp251, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori & Sushko, Iryna & Gardini, Laura, 2016.
"Revisiting the model of credit cycles with Good and Bad projects,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 525-556.
- Kiminori Matsuyama & Iryna Sushko & Laura Gardini, 2015. "Revisiting the Model of Credit Cycles with Good and Bad Projects," IMES Discussion Paper Series 15-E-02, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Kiminori Matsuyama & Iryna Sushko & Laura Gardini, 2015. "Revisiting the model of credit cycles with good and bad projects," Gecomplexity Discussion Paper Series 8, Action IS1104 "The EU in the new complex geography of economic systems: models, tools and policy evaluation", revised Feb 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsOne-dimensional piecewise smooth map; Border collision bifurcation; Skew tent map; Borrower net worth; Composition of credit flows; Financial instability.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2014-11-01 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:urb:wpaper:14_05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmela Nicoletti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feurbit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.