Citations for "Development: Which Way Now?"
by Sen, Amartya
- Raffer, Kunibert, 1997. "Helping southern net food importers after the Uruguay round: A proposal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1901-1907, November.
- Matthieu CLEMENT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Food Availability and Food Entitlements during the Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine: A dynamic panel data analysis (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-03, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Valeria Costantini & Paolo Liberati, 2011. "Technology transfer, institutions and development," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0135, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Bastiaensen, Johan & Herdt, Tom De & D'Exelle, Ben, 2005. "Poverty reduction as a local institutional process," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 979-993, June.
- Donaldson, John A., 2008. "Growth is Good for Whom, When, How? Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Exceptional Cases," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2127-2143, November.
- Andrew Williams, 2014. "The effect of transparency on output volatility," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 101-129, May.
- Sun Sheng Han & George Ofori, 2001. "Construction industry in China's regional economy, 1990-1998," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 189-205.
- Mehta, Lyla, 2014. "Water and Human Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 59-69.
- Steven Pressman & Gale Summerfield, 2000. "The Economic Contributions of Amartya Sen," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 89-113.
- Isabelle Joumard & Juliana Londoño Vélez, 2013. "Income Inequality and Poverty in Colombia - Part 1. The Role of the Labour Market," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1036, OECD Publishing.
- Dennis Tao Yang, 2007. "China's Agricultural Crisis and Famine of 1959-61: A Survey and Comparison to Soviet Famines," Working Papers e07-4, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Hamid Hosseini, 2003. "Why development is more complex than growth: clarifying some confusions," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(1), pages 91-110.
- David A. Clark, 2005. "The Capability Approach: Its Development, Critiques and Recent Advances," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-032, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2014. "Sir W. Arthur Lewis and the Africans: Overlooked Economic Growth Lessons," MPRA Paper 57126, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Hall, 2006. "Integrating Concepts and Models from Development Econoimcs with Land use Change in the Tropics," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 19-53, 02.
- Quibria, M.G., 2003. "Growth and Poverty Reduction Does Political Regime Matter?," MPRA Paper 10302, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2003.
- Partha Dasgupta, 1998. "The Economics of Poverty in Poor Countries," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 09, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Penikas, Henry & Savelyeva, Alina, 2013. "Researching and forecasting aggregated consumers’ perception of imported food: Russia and Brazil case studies (1992–2020)," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 32(4), pages 45-70.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006.
"Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth,"
2006.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2008. "Environment, human development and economic growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 867-880, February.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, human development and economic growth," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0062, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Alejandro Diaz Bautista & Mauro Diaz Dominguez, 2004. "Capital Humano y Crecimiento Económico en México (1970-2000). Human Capital and Economic Growth in Mexico," Urban/Regional 0405008, EconWPA.
- Saima Shafique & Rashida Haq, 2006. "Governance and Income Inequality," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 751-760.
- Kanchana Ruwanpura & Jane Humphries, 2004. "Mundane Heroines: Conflict, Ethnicity, Gender, And Female Headship In Eastern Sri Lanka," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 173-205.
- Nafziger, E. Wayne, 2006. "From Seers to Sen: The Meaning of Economic Development," Working Paper Series RP2006/20, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Francesco Burchi & Pasquale De Muro, 2012. "A Human Development and Capability Approach to Food Security: Conceptual Framework and Informational Basis," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2012-009, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1993.
"Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?,"
NBER Working Papers
4436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jenkins, T. N., 1996. "Democratising the global economy by ecologicalising economics: The example of global warming," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 227-238, March.
- Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, 2006. "Gendered Livelihoods in Small Mines and Quarries in India: Living on the edge," ASARC Working Papers 2006-08, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 2002.
"The European Social Model: Lessons for Developing Countries,"
Working Paper Series
581, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 2002. "The European Social Model: Lessons for Developing Countries," Seminar Papers 714, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- David Clark, 2005. "Sen's capability approach and the many spaces of human well-being," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 1339-1368.
- Vollmer, Sebastian & Ziegler, Maria, 2009. "Political Institutions and Human Development Does Democracy Fulfill its 'Constructive' and 'Instrumental' Role?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4818, The World Bank.
- Keshab Raj Bhattarai, . "Political Economy of Conflict, Cooperation and Economic Growth: Nepalese Dilemma," EcoMod2006 272100010, EcoMod.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Gender disparities in Italy from a Human Development Perspective," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0069, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Kelsey, Timothy & Partridge, Mark & White, Nancy, 2014. "Unconventional Gas and Oil Development in the United States: Economic Experience and Policy Issues," MPRA Paper 62154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1993. "Symposium on Democracy and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 45-49, Summer.
- Diana Weinhold, 1996. "Tests de causalité sur données de panel : une application à l'étude de la causalité entre l'investissement et la croissance," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 126(5), pages 163-175.
- J. Mohan Rao, 1998. "Development in the Time of Globalization," Working Papers wp1, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Nwaobi, Godwin, 2013. "African Development,Partnership and Rationality Challenge:An Exposition," MPRA Paper 50404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2009. "Gender disparities in the Italian regions from a human development perspective," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 256-269, March.
- Mendis, Patrick, 1995. "Capitalism In Human Scale: Are There "Virtuous Circles" In Economic Growth And Human Development In Achieving A Newly Industrialized Country Status?," Staff Papers 13901, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- P. B. Anand & Roger Perman, 1999. "Preferences, inequity and entitlements: some issues from a CVM study of water supply in Madras, India," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 27-46.
- Richards, Alan, 2002. "Policy Paper 54: Coping with Water Scarcity: The Governance Challenge," Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation, Working Paper Series qt8941v354, Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation, University of California.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "Editorial: Human capital and human capability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1959-1961, December.
- Silvia Maja Melzer & Ruud J. Muffels, 2012. "Migrant's Pursuit of Happiness: The Impact of Adaption, Social Comparison and Relative Deprivation; Evidence from a 'Natural' Experiment," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 448, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi, 2002. "Environmental and social degradation as the engine of economic growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-16, November.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1995. "Development, trade, and the environment: which way now?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 83-88, May.
- Afxentiou, Panos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2000. "Output growth and the variability of exports and imports growth: international evidence from Granger causality tests," MPRA Paper 1750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2005. "Correlating Growth with Well-Being during Economic Reforms Evidence from India and China," Development and Comp Systems 0509010, EconWPA.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2005. "The Determinants of Economic Well-being:An Application in the Indian States," Development and Comp Systems 0509009, EconWPA.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1992. "What Explains Developing Country Growth?," NBER Working Papers 4132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdur R. Chowdhury, 2010. "External Debt and Growth in Developing Countries: A Sensitivity and Causal Analysis," Working Papers id:3151, eSocialSciences.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2001. "The role of `virtual water' in efforts to achieve food security and other national goals, with an example from Egypt," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 131-151, July.
- Salvatore Monni & Massimo Pallottino, 2013. "Beyond growth and development: Buen Vivir as an alternative to current paradigms," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0172, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.