Development: Which Way Now?
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Keshab Raj Bhattarai, 2016. "Economic Growth and Development in India and SAARC Countries," EcoMod2016 9631, EcoMod.
- Donaldson, John A., 2008. "Growth is Good for Whom, When, How? Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Exceptional Cases," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2127-2143, November.
- Huff, W. G., 1995. "The developmental state, government, and Singapore's economic development since 1960," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1421-1438, August.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Wendner, Ronald, 2016.
"Redistribution through Charity and Optimal Taxation when People are Concerned with Social Status,"
68731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Wendner, Ronald, 2016. "Redistribution through Charity and Optimal Taxation when People are Concerned with Social Status," Umeå Economic Studies 919, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Wendner, Ronald, 2016. "Redistribution through Charity and Optimal Taxation when People are Concerned with Social Status," Working Papers in Economics 642, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Aronsson & Olof Johansson-Stenman & Ronald Wendner, 2016. "Redistribution Through Charity, and Optimal Taxation when People are Concerned with Social Status," Graz Economics Papers 2016-01, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Penikas, Henry & Savelyeva, Alina, 2013. "Researching and forecasting aggregated consumers’ perception of imported food: Russia and Brazil case studies (1992–2020)," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 32(4), pages 45-70.
- -, 1989. "The elderly in Latin America: a strategic sector for social policy in the 1990's," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 29569, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Timothy W. Kelsey & Mark D. Partridge & Nancy E. White, 2016.
"Unconventional Gas and Oil Development in the United States: Economic Experience and Policy Issues,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 191-214.
- Kelsey, Timothy & Partridge, Mark & White, Nancy, 2014. "Unconventional Gas and Oil Development in the United States: Economic Experience and Policy Issues," MPRA Paper 62154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nwaobi, Godwin, 2013. "African Development,Partnership and Rationality Challenge:An Exposition," MPRA Paper 50404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1993. "Symposium on Democracy and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 45-49, Summer.
- Sabina Alkire, 2007. "The Missing Dimensions of Poverty Data: An Introduction," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp000, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Steven Pressman & Gale Summerfield, 2000. "The Economic Contributions of Amartya Sen," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 89-113.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2005. "Correlating Growth with Well-Being during Economic Reforms Evidence from India and China," Development and Comp Systems 0509010, EconWPA.
- Monica RÄƒileanu Szeles, 2012. "What Lies beyond the Romaniaâ€™s Economic Development," BRAND. Broad Research in Accounting, Negotiation, and Distribution, EduSoft Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 54-63, December.
- Sun Sheng Han & George Ofori, 2001. "Construction industry in China's regional economy, 1990-1998," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 189-205.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 2002.
"The European Social Model: Lessons for Developing Countries,"
Working Paper Series
581, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 2002. "The European Social Model: Lessons for Developing Countries," Seminar Papers 714, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Saima Shafique & Rashida Haq, 2006. "Governance and Income Inequality," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 751-760.
- Nelson Manolo Chávez Muñoz, 2010. "Renta per cápita como medida de desarrollo económico en Latinoamérica," REVISTA EQUIDAD Y DESARROLLO, UNIVERSIDAD DE LA SALLE, September.
- Lundvall , Bengt-Åke & Vang , Jan & Joseph , KJ & Chaminade , Cristina, 2013. "Bridging Innovation System Research and Development Studies: challenges and research opportunities," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/33, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Vollmer, Sebastian & Ziegler, Maria, 2009. "Political Institutions and Human Development Does Democracy Fulfill its 'Constructive' and 'Instrumental' Role?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4818, The World Bank.
- Afxentiou, Panos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2000. "Output growth and the variability of exports and imports growth: international evidence from Granger causality tests," MPRA Paper 1750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehta, Lyla, 2014. "Water and Human Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 59-69.
- Magnus Blomström & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1996.
"Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(1), pages 269-276.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1993. "Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 4436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomström, Magnus & Lipsey, Robert E & Zejan, Mario, 1993. "Is Fixed Investment the Key to Economic Growth?," CEPR Discussion Papers 870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Costantini, Valeria & Liberati, Paolo, 2014.
"Technology transfer, institutions and development,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 26-48.
- Valeria Costantini & Paolo Liberati, 2011. "Technology transfer, institutions and development," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0135, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Partha Dasgupta, 1998. "The Economics of Poverty in Poor Countries," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 09, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Daniel Kaufmann, 2003. "Rethinking Governance: Empirical Lessons Challenge Orthodoxy," Macroeconomics 0308007, EconWPA.
- Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, 2006. "Gendered Livelihoods in Small Mines and Quarries in India: Living on the edge," ASARC Working Papers 2006-08, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Charles Hall, 2006. "Integrating Concepts and Models from Development Econoimcs with Land use Change in the Tropics," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 19-53, February.
- Kanchana Ruwanpura & Jane Humphries, 2004. "Mundane Heroines: Conflict, Ethnicity, Gender, And Female Headship In Eastern Sri Lanka," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 173-205.
- Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi, 2002. "Environmental and social degradation as the engine of economic growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-16, November.
- Quibria, M.G., 2003. "Growth and Poverty Reduction Does Political Regime Matter?," MPRA Paper 10302, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2003.
- Alejandro Diaz Bautista & Mauro Diaz Dominguez, 2004. "Capital Humano y Crecimiento Económico en México (1970-2000). Human Capital and Economic Growth in Mexico," Urban/Regional 0405008, EconWPA.
- Muhammad Ali & Abiodun Egbetokun & Manzoor Hussain Memon, 2018.
"Human Capital, Social Capabilities and Economic Growth,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Muhammad Ali & Abiodun Egbetokun & Manzoor Hussain Memon, 2016. "Human Capital, Social Capabilities and Economic Growth," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-013, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Amavilah, Voxi Heinrich, 2014. "Sir W. Arthur Lewis and the Africans: Overlooked Economic Growth Lessons," MPRA Paper 57126, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2008.
"Environment, human development and economic growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 867-880, February.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers 2006.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, human development and economic growth," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0062, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2009. "Gender disparities in the Italian regions from a human development perspective," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 256-269, March.
- Richards, Alan, 2002. "Policy Paper 54: Coping with Water Scarcity: The Governance Challenge," Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation, Working Paper Series qt8941v354, Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation, University of California.
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:50-:d:122713 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthieu CLEMENT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Food Availability and Food Entitlements during the Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine: A dynamic panel data analysis (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-03, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Burchi, Francesco & De Muro, Pasquale, 2016. "From food availability to nutritional capabilities: Advancing food security analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 10-19.
- David A. Clark, 2005. "The Capability Approach: Its Development, Critiques and Recent Advances," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-032, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Srinivas, Goli, 2014. "Demographic convergence and its linkage with health inequalities in India," MPRA Paper 79823, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Dec 2014.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Yang, Dennis Tao, 1998. "On the causes of China's agricultural crisis and the great leap famine," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 125-140.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2001. "The role of `virtual water' in efforts to achieve food security and other national goals, with an example from Egypt," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 131-151, July.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:20:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9888-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silvia Maja Melzer & Ruud J. Muffels, 2012. "Migrant's Pursuit of Happiness: The Impact of Adaption, Social Comparison and Relative Deprivation; Evidence from a 'Natural' Experiment," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 448, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Abdur R. Chowdhury, 2010. "External Debt and Growth in Developing Countries: A Sensitivity and Causal Analysis," Working Papers id:3151, eSocialSciences.
- Francesco Burchi & Pasquale De Muro, 2012. "A Human Development and Capability Approach to Food Security: Conceptual Framework and Informational Basis," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2012-009, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Mendis, Patrick, 1995. "Capitalism In Human Scale: Are There "Virtuous Circles" In Economic Growth And Human Development In Achieving A Newly Industrialized Country Status?," Staff Papers 13901, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ali, Amjad & Bibi, Chan, 2016. "Determinants of Social Progress and its Scenarios under the role of Macroeconomic Instability: Empirics from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 72920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keshab Raj Bhattarai, "undated". "Political Economy of Conflict, Cooperation and Economic Growth: Nepalese Dilemma," EcoMod2006 272100010, EcoMod.
- de Silva, M.W. Amarasiri & Albert, Steven M. & Jayasekara, J.M.K.B., 2017. "Structural violence and chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology in Sri Lanka," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 184-195.
- Hamid Hosseini, 2003. "Why development is more complex than growth: clarifying some confusions," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(1), pages 91-110.
- Katimertzopoulos, F. & Vlados, Ch., 2017. "Local Support Mechanisms for Entrepreneurship: The Approach of Local Development and Innovation Institutions," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 10(1), pages 30-41, March.
- Kartika, Dwintha Maya, 2014. "The Big Push: Early Development Economics (1945-1975)," MPRA Paper 72115, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Williams, 2014. "The effect of transparency on output volatility," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 101-129, May.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1992. "What Explains Developing Country Growth?," NBER Working Papers 4132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David W. Rasmussen, 1990. "Economic Development as an Empirical Concept," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 20(1), pages 56-61, Winter.
- P. B. Anand & Roger Perman, 1999. "Preferences, inequity and entitlements: some issues from a CVM study of water supply in Madras, India," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 27-46.
- Bastiaensen, Johan & Herdt, Tom De & D'Exelle, Ben, 2005. "Poverty reduction as a local institutional process," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 979-993, June.
- Diana Weinhold, 1996. "Tests de causalité sur données de panel : une application à l'étude de la causalité entre l'investissement et la croissance," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 126(5), pages 163-175.
- Raffer, Kunibert, 1997. "Helping southern net food importers after the Uruguay round: A proposal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1901-1907, November.
- David Clark, 2005. "Sen's capability approach and the many spaces of human well-being," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(8), pages 1339-1368.
- Stefanescu, Răzvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2015.
"Creşterea economică a României între 1980 şi 2013
[The Economic Growth of Romania between 1980 and 2013]," MPRA Paper 61592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Salvatore Monni & Massimo Pallottino, 2013. "Beyond growth and development: Buen Vivir as an alternative to current paradigms," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0172, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:146-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nafziger, E. Wayne, 2006. "From Seers to Sen: The Meaning of Economic Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 020, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Andrés Mauricio Guiot Isaac, 2017. "Political Economics and Possibilism: Towards an Open Notion of Development," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 015666, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Isabelle Joumard & Juliana Londoño Vélez, 2013. "Income Inequality and Poverty in Colombia - Part 1. The Role of the Labour Market," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1036, OECD Publishing.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Gender disparities in Italy from a Human Development Perspective," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0069, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1995. "Development, trade, and the environment: which way now?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 83-88, May.
- Dutt, Pushan & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2016. "Democracy and policy stability," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 499-517.
- Jenkins, T. N., 1996. "Democratising the global economy by ecologicalising economics: The example of global warming," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 227-238, March.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu, 2005. "The Determinants of Economic Well-being:An Application in the Indian States," Development and Comp Systems 0509009, EconWPA.
- Dennis Tao Yang, 2007. "China's Agricultural Crisis and Famine of 1959-61: A Survey and Comparison to Soviet Famines," Working Papers e07-4, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- J. Mohan Rao, 1998. "Development in the Time of Globalization," Working Papers wp1, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Marco R. Di Tommaso & Stuart O. Schweitzer, 2013. "Industrial Policy in America," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13749.
- Muhammad Ali, 2016. "Determinants of Related and Unrelated Export Diversification," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-014, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "Editorial: Human capital and human capability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1959-1961, December.