China's Agricultural Crisis and Famine of 1959-61: A Survey and Comparison to Soviet Famines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gale Johnson, D., 1998. "China's great famine: Introductory remarks," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 103-109.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2007. "Making Famine History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 5-38, March.
- James Kung & Louis Putterman, 1997. "China's collectivisation puzzle: A new resolution," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 741-763.
- Wei Li & Dennis Tao Yang, 2005. "The Great Leap Forward: Anatomy of a Central Planning Disaster," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(4), pages 840-877, August.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Development: Which Way Now?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 742-762, December.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Yang, Dennis Tao, 1998. "On the causes of China's agricultural crisis and the great leap famine," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 125-140.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xin Meng & Nancy Qian & Pierre Yared, 2010.
"The Institutional Causes of China's Great Famine, 1959-61,"
NBER Working Papers
16361, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meng, Xin & Qian, Nancy & Yared, Pierre, 2010. "The Institutional Causes of China's Great Famine, 1959-61," CEPR Discussion Papers 8012, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordscentral planning; food supply; famine; urban bias; China; USSR;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-11-17 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2007-11-17 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2007-11-17 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2007-11-17 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRA-2007-11-17 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vpi:wpaper:e07-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Djavad Salehi-Isfahani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decvtus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.