Beyond growth and development: Buen Vivir as an alternative to current paradigms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Jolly, Richard & Stewart, Frances (ed.), 1987. "Adjustment with a Human Face: Volume 1, Protecting the Vulnerable and Promoting Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286097.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2008.
"Environment, human development and economic growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 867-880, February.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers 2006.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, human development and economic growth," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0062, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Streeten, Paul & Burki, Shahid Javed, 1978. "Basic needs: Some issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 411-421, March.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2005. "Sustainable Human Development for European Countries," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 329-351.
- Hamid Hosseini, 2003. "Why development is more complex than growth: clarifying some confusions," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(1), pages 91-110.
- Ingrid Robeyns, 2005. "The Capability Approach: a theoretical survey," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 93-117.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Sakiko Fukuda-Parr, 2003. "The Human Development Paradigm: Operationalizing Sen'S Ideas On Capabilities," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 301-317.
- Luiz Carlos Bresser-Pereira, 2002. "Brazil's Quasi-Stagnation and the Growth cum Foreign Savings Strategy," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 76-102.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2008. "Sustainability and Human Development," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 11-32.
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser, 2009. "From old to new developmentalism in Latin America," Textos para discussão 193, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Salvatore Monni & Alessandro Spaventa, 2010. "Shifting the Focus from Paradigms to Goals: A New Approach Towards Defining and Assessing Wellbeing," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0114, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Development: Which Way Now?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 742-762, December.
- Gow, David D. & Morss, Elliott R., 1988. "The notorious nine: Critical problems in project implementation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(12), pages 1399-1418, December.
- Jameson, Kenneth P., 1986. "Latin American structuralism: A methodological perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 223-232, February.
- Catherine Walsh, 2010. "Development as Buen Vivir: Institutional arrangements and (de)colonial entanglements," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 53(1), pages 15-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salvatore Monni & Luca Serafini, 2017. "The relationship between Ecuador and China: a dangerous alliance?," SEEDS Working Papers 0917, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Dec 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsBuen Vivir; development policy; Latin America; plurinational state; socialism; state building.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2013-03-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-03-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtr:wpaper:0172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Telephone for information). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dero3it.html .