Beyond growth and development: Buen Vivir as an alternative to current paradigms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Jolly, Richard & Stewart, Frances (ed.), 1987. "Adjustment with a Human Face: Volume 1, Protecting the Vulnerable and Promoting Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286097.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2008.
"Environment, human development and economic growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 867-880, February.
- Costantini, Valeria & Monni, Salvatore, 2006. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth," International Energy Markets Working Papers 12113, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, human development and economic growth," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0062, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2006. "Environment, Human Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers 2006.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Streeten, Paul & Burki, Shahid Javed, 1978. "Basic needs: Some issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 411-421, March.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2005. "Sustainable Human Development for European Countries," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 329-351.
- Hamid Hosseini, 2003. "Why development is more complex than growth: clarifying some confusions," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 61(1), pages 91-110.
- Ingrid Robeyns, 2005. "The Capability Approach: a theoretical survey," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 93-117.
- repec:ekm:wpaper:v:31:y:2011:i:3:a:1266 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Sakiko Fukuda-Parr, 2003. "The Human Development Paradigm: Operationalizing Sen'S Ideas On Capabilities," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 301-317.
- Luiz Carlos Bresser-Pereira, 2002. "Brazil's Quasi-Stagnation and the Growth cum Foreign Savings Strategy," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 76-102.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2008. "Sustainability and Human Development," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 11-32.
- Bresser-Pereira, Luiz Carlos, 2009. "From old to new developmentalism in Latin America," Textos para discussão 193, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Salvatore Monni & Alessandro Spaventa, 2010. "Shifting the Focus from Paradigms to Goals: A New Approach Towards Defining and Assessing Wellbeing," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0114, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Development: Which Way Now?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 742-762, December.
- Gow, David D. & Morss, Elliott R., 1988. "The notorious nine: Critical problems in project implementation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(12), pages 1399-1418, December.
- Jameson, Kenneth P., 1986. "Latin American structuralism: A methodological perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 223-232, February.
- Catherine Walsh, 2010. "Development as Buen Vivir: Institutional arrangements and (de)colonial entanglements," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 53(1), pages 15-21, March.
- repec:ekm:wpaper:v:27:y:2007:i:4:a:1106 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salvatore Monni & Luca Serafini, 2017. "The relationship between Ecuador and China: a dangerous alliance?," SEEDS Working Papers 0917, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Dec 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsBuen Vivir; development policy; Latin America; plurinational state; socialism; state building.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2013-03-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2013-03-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtr:wpaper:0172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Telephone for information). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dero3it.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.