Researching and forecasting aggregated consumers’ perception of imported food: Russia and Brazil case studies (1992–2020)
The research contains the estimation of Revealed Comparative Advantage indices for food exporters and structural shifts in the global composition of food trade. The finding about the income elasticity of consumption for imported food has been done on the basis of AIDS and QAIDS models. At the final stage of the paper the authors implement the combined forecast of the share of expenditures on imported food in total expenditures on food and the income elasticity of imported food consumption in Russia and Brazil till 2020. The key implication is that food (both imported and produced domestically) is a second need good.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Iain Fraser & Imad A. Moosa, 2002. "Demand Estimation in the Presence of Stochastic Trend and Seasonality: The Case of Meat Demand in the United Kingdom," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 83-89.
- Regmi, Anita & Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2008. "Convergence in Global Food Demand and Delivery," Economic Research Report 56449, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521296762 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gardes, Francois & Duncan, Greg J. & Gaubert, Patrice & Gurgand, Marc & Starzec, Christophe, 2005. "Panel and Pseudo-Panel Estimation of Cross-Sectional and Time Series Elasticities of Food Consumption: The Case of U.S. and Polish Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 242-253, April.
- Thomas W. Hertel & Maros Ivanic & Paul V. Preckel & John A. L. Cranfield, 2004. "The Earnings Effects of Multilateral Trade Liberalization: Implications for Poverty," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 18(2), pages 205-236.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Development: Which Way Now?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 742-62, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.