Symposium on Democracy and Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Development: Which Way Now?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 742-762, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilli Mario & Li Yuan, 2012. "Citizenry Accountability in Autocracies," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 18(3), pages 1-6, December.
- Bolt, Jutta & Bezemer, Dirk, 2008. "Understanding Long-Run African Growth: Colonial Institutions or Colonial Education? Evidence from a New Data Set," MPRA Paper 7029, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nancy McCarthy & Talip Kilic, 2015.
"The nexus between gender, collective action for public goods and agriculture: evidence from Malawi,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 375-402, May.
- McCarthy, Nancy & Kilic, Talip, 2014. "The nexus between gender, collective action for public goods, and agriculture : evidence from Malawi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6806, The World Bank.
- Peter Gordon & Lanlan Wang, 2004. "Does Economic Performance Correlate with Big Government?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, pages 192-221.
- Madeeha Gohar Qureshi & Eatzaz Ahmed, 2012. "The Inter-linkages between Democracy and Per Capita GDP Growth: A Cross Country Analysis," PIDE-Working Papers 2012:85, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Dutt, Pushan & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2016. "Democracy and policy stability," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 499-517.
- Zhenhui Xu & Haizheng Li, 2008. "Political freedom, economic freedom, and income convergence: Do stages of economic development matter?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 183-205, June.
- Ataul Huq Pramanik, 2012. "Development and democratization from the perspective of Islamic world view: The role of civil society versus state in the Arab world," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 5-25, February.
- repec:bpj:pepspp:v:18:y:2012:i:3:p:6:n:7 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Gehrlein, 2004. "Consistency in Measures of Social Homogeneity: A Connection with Proximity to Single Peaked Preferences," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 147-171.
- Muhammad Zakaria & Bashir Ahmed Fida, 2009. "Democratic Institutions and Variability of Economic Growth in Pakistan: Some Evidence from the Time-series Analysis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 48(3), pages 269-289.
- Michael Johnston, 2000. "Corruption et démocratie : menaces pour le développement, possibilités de réforme," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 41(161), pages 117-142.
- Sindzingre, Alice, 2005. "Explaining Threshold Effects of Globalization on Poverty: An Institutional Perspective," WIDER Working Paper Series 053, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gilli, Mario & Li, Yuan, 2012.
"Citizenry Accountability in Autocracies. The Political Economy of Good Governance in China,"
NEPS Working Papers
3/2012, Network of European Peace Scientists.
- Gilli, Mario & Li, Yuan, 2012. "Citizenry Accountability in Autocracies: The Political Economy of Good Governance in China," Working Paper Series 2012-23, China Economic Research Center, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Lee, Woojin, 2003.
"Is democracy more expropriative than dictatorship? Tocquevillian wisdom revisited,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 155-198.
- Paolo Mauro, 2000. "Stock Returns and Output Growth in Emerging and Advanced Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/89, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:7:y:1993:i:3:p:45-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.