Fallibility in Human Organizations and Political Systems
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sah, R.K., 1991. "Fallibility In Human Organizations And Political Systems," Papers 625, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koh, Winston T. H., 1992. "Human fallibility and sequential decision making : Hierarchy versus polyarchy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 317-345, August.
- James G. March, 1978. "Bounded Rationality, Ambiguity, and the Engineering of Choice," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 587-608, Autumn.
- Holmstrom, Bengt, 1989. "Agency costs and innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 305-327, December.
- Holmström, Bengt, 1989. "Agency Costs and Innovation," Working Paper Series 214, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Klevorick, Alvin K. & Rothschild, Michael & Winship, Christopher, 1984. "Information processing and jury decisionmaking," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 245-278, April.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1986. "Prizes and Incentives in Elimination Tournaments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 701-715, September.
- Baker, George P & Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1988. " Compensation and Incentives: Practice vs. Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 593-616, July.
- Joesph E. Stiglitz, 1975. "Incentives, Risk, and Information: Notes Towards a Theory of Hierarchy," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 552-579, Autumn.
- Rose-Ackerman, Susan, 1986. "Reforming Public Bureaucracy through Economic Incentives?," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 131-161, Spring.
- Bull, Clive & Ordover, Janusz A., 1987. "Market Structure and Optimal Management Organizations," Working Papers 87-28, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Clive Bull & Janusz A. Ordover, 1987. "Market Structure and Optimal Management Organizations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(4), pages 480-491, Winter.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1982. "Authority, Control, and the Distribution of Earnings," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 311-323, Autumn.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rayton, Bruce A., 2003. "The residual claim of rank and file employees," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 129-148, January.
- Garner, Jacqueline L. & Kim, Won Yong, 2013. "Are foreign investors really beneficial? Evidence from South Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 62-84.
- Baik, Bok & Evans, John H. & Kim, Kyonghee & Yanadori, Yoshio, 2016. "White collar incentives," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 34-49.
- Suman Ghosh & Michael Waldman, 2010.
"Standard promotion practices versus up‐or‐out contracts,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 41(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Suman Ghosh & Michael Waldman, 2006. "Standard Promotion Practices Versus Up-Or-Out Contracts," Working Papers 06007, Department of Economics, College of Business, Florida Atlantic University.
- Yenn-Ru Chen & Carl R. Chen & Chih-Kang Chu, 2014. "The Effect of Executive Stock Options on Corporate Innovative Activities," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(2), pages 271-290, June.
- Waldman, Michael, 2013. "Classic promotion tournaments versus market-based tournaments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 198-210.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2485-2563 is not listed on IDEAS
- DeVaro, Jed, 2011. "Using "opposing responses" and relative performance to distinguish empirically among alternative models of promotions," MPRA Paper 35175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander K. Koch & Julia Nafziger, 2012.
"Job Assignments under Moral Hazard: The Peter Principle Revisited,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 1029-1059, December.
- Koch, Alexander K. & Nafziger, Julia, 2007. "Job Assignments under Moral Hazard: The Peter Principle Revisited," IZA Discussion Papers 2973, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alexandre Garel & Arthur Petit-Romec, 2021. "Engaging Employees for the Long Run: Long-Term Investors and Employee-Related CSR," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 174(1), pages 35-63, November.
- Chang, Xin & Fu, Kangkang & Low, Angie & Zhang, Wenrui, 2015. "Non-executive employee stock options and corporate innovation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 168-188.
- Shahbaz Sheikh, 2017. "Threat of termination and firm innovation," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 75-95, February.
- Holmstrom, Bengt R. & Tirole, Jean, 1989. "The theory of the firm," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 61-133, Elsevier.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2373-2437 is not listed on IDEAS
- Honoré, Florence & Munari, Federico & van Pottelsberghe de La Potterie, Bruno, 2015. "Corporate governance practices and companies’ R&D intensity: Evidence from European countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 533-543.
- Dial, Jay & Murphy, Kevin J., 1995. "Incentives, downsizing, and value creation at General Dynamics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 261-314, March.
- Ewens, Michael & Nanda, Ramana & Rhodes-Kropf, Matthew, 2018.
"Cost of experimentation and the evolution of venture capital,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(3), pages 422-442.
- Michael Ewens & Ramana Nanda & Matthew Rhodes-Kropf, 2015. "Cost of Experimentation and the Evolution of Venture Capital," Harvard Business School Working Papers 15-070, Harvard Business School, revised Mar 2017.
- Michael Ewens & Ramana Nanda & Matthew Rhodes-Kropf, 2018. "Cost of Experimentation and the Evolution of Venture Capital," NBER Working Papers 24523, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hickfang, Michael & Holder, Ulrike, 2018. "The impact of stock options on risk-taking: Founder-CEOs and innovation," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 12/2018, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Mónica Melle, 2005. "¿Cómo valora el mercado de valores español la adopción de planes de opciones sobre acciones para directivos y consejeros?," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 29(1), pages 73-115, January.
- Wei-Fong Pan, 2019. "Geopolitical Risk and R&D investment," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2019-11, Department of Economics, University of Reading.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2013.
"Money for nothing: How firms have financed R&D-projects since the Industrial Revolution,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1793-1814.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2013. "Money for nothing: how firms have financed R&D-projects since the industrial revolution," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51527, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2013. "Money for nothing: how firms have financed R&D-projects since the Industrial Revolution," Economic History Working Papers 54518, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Paul Castãneda Dower & Andrei Bremzen, 2012. "Almost Anonymous Implicit Contracting," Working Papers w0187, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
More about this item
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:5:y:1991:i:2:p:67-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.