Growth is Good for Whom, When, How? Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Exceptional Cases
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Raffaella Castagnini & Klaus Deininger & Maria A. Gonzalez, 2004. "Comparing land reform and land markets in colombia: impacts on equity and efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3258, The World Bank.
- Linxiu Zhang & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle, 2003. "China's War on Poverty: Assessing Targeting and the Growth Impacts of Poverty Programs," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(3), pages 301-317.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2000. "Income distribution and development," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 791-841 Elsevier.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Rodriguez, Adrian G. & Smith, Stephen M., 1994.
"A comparison of determinants of urban, rural and farm poverty in Costa Rica,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 381-397, March.
- Rodriguez, Adrian G. & Smith, Stephen M., 1994. "A comparison of determinants of urban, rural and farm poverty in Costa Rica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1-1, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1983. "Development: Which Way Now?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 742-762, December.
- Gustafsson, Bjorn & Li, Shi, 2004. "Expenditures on education and health care and poverty in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 292-301.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2005. "Inequality is bad for the poor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3677, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1803-1815, November.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Growth, inequality, and poverty : looking beyond averages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2558, The World Bank.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004. "A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Coulombe, Harold & Mckay, Andrew, 1996. "Modeling determinants of poverty in Mauritania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1015-1031, June.
- Gustafsson, Bjorn & Uusitalo, Hannu, 1990. "The Welfare State and Poverty in Finland and Sweden from the Mid-1960s to the Mid-1980s," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 36(3), pages 249-266, September.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Wood, Elisabeth & Segovia, Alexander, 1995. "Macroeconomic policy and the Salvadoran peace accords," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2079-2099, December.
- Danielson, Anders, 2001. "When Do the Poor Benefit From Growth, and Why?," Working Papers 2001:12, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Glewwe, P., 1988. "The Distribution Of Welfare In Peru In 1985-86," Papers 42, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Deininger, Klaus, 1999. "Making Negotiated Land Reform Work: Initial Experience from Colombia, Brazil and South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 651-672, April.
- Boyce, James K., 1995. "Adjustment toward peace: An introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 2067-2077, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugur, Mehmet & Dasgupta, Nandini, 2011. "Corruption and economic growth: A meta-analysis of the evidence on low-income countries and beyond," MPRA Paper 31226, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 May 2011.
- Nikita Céspedes Reynaga, 2017. "Crecimiento económico y pobreza en las regiones y en los sectores económicos de Perú," Working Papers 2017-109, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Alkire, Sabina & Roche, José Manuel & Vaz, Ana, 2017.
"Changes Over Time in Multidimensional Poverty: Methodology and Results for 34 Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 232-249.
- Sabina Alkire, José Manuel Roche and Ana Vaz, 2015. "Changes Over Time in Multidimensional Poverty: Methodology and Results for 34 Countries," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp076, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Benedito Cunguara & Joseph Hanlon, 2012. "Whose Wealth Is It Anyway? Mozambique's Outstanding Economic Growth with Worsening Rural Poverty," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(3), pages 623-647, May.
- Perera, Liyanage Devangi H. & Lee, Grace H.Y., 2013. "Have economic growth and institutional quality contributed to poverty and inequality reduction in Asia?," MPRA Paper 52763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raymundo M. Campos Vázquez & Luis A. Monroy-Gómez-Franco, 2016. "La relación entre crecimiento económico y pobreza en México," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2016-01, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic growth poverty reduction liberalization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:36:y:2008:i:11:p:2127-2143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.