Making Negotiated Land Reform Work: Initial Experience from Colombia, Brazil and South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Otsuka, Keijiro, 1991. "Determinants and consequences of land reform implementation in the Philippines," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 339-355, April.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Dilip Mookherjee & Kaivan Munshi & Debraj Ray, 1997. "Inequality, control Rights and Rent Seeking - A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of Sugar Cooperatives in Maharashtra," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 80, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1978. "Rural Wages, Labor Supply, and Land Reform: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(5), pages 847-861, December.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Ray, Debraj, 1987. "Inequality as a Determinant of Malnutrition and Unemployment: Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(385), pages 177-188, March.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus, 1993. "South African land policy: The legacy of history and current options," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1451-1475, September.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1989. "A study in resistance to institutional change: The lost game of Latin American land reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1397-1407, September.
- Moene, Karl Ove, 1992. "Poverty and Landownership," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 52-64, March.
- Barraclough, Solon L, 1970. "Agricultural Policy and Land Reform," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(4), pages 906-947, Part II, .
- Hoff, Karla & Lyon, Andrew B., 1995.
"Non-leaky buckets: Optimal redistributive taxation and agency costs,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 365-390, November.
- Karla Hoff & Andrew B. Lyon, 1994. "Non-Leaky Buckets: Optimal Redistributive Taxation and Agency Costs," NBER Working Papers 4652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Li, Hongyi & Squire, Lyn & Zou, Heng-fu, 1998.
"Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 26-43, January.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Heng-fu Zou, 1998. "Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 73, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Ray, Debraj, 1986. "Inequality as a Determinant of Malnutrition and Unemployment: Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(384), pages 1011-1034, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donaldson, John A., 2008. "Growth is Good for Whom, When, How? Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Exceptional Cases," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2127-2143, November.
- Bobrow-Strain, Aaron, 2004. "(Dis)Accords: The Politics of Market-Assisted Land Reforms in Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 887-903, June.
- R Gaiha & K Imai & M A Nandhi, 2005. "Millennium Development Goal of Halving Poverty in Asia and the Pacific Region: Progress, Prospects and Priorities," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0507, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Gersbach, Hans & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2010. "Land Reforms And Economic Development," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 527-547, September.
- James Roumasset, 2010.
"Wither the Economics of Agricultural Development?,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development,
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 7(1), pages 1-22, June.
- James Roumasset, 2010. "Wither The Economics of Agricultural Development?," Working Papers 2010-03, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- James Roumasset, 2010. "Wither The Economics of Agricultural Development?," Working Papers 201003, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Simtowe, Franklin, 2015.
"The Welfare Impact of Land Redistribution: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Initiative in Malawi,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 53-69.
- Mariapia Mendola & Franklin Simtowe, 2013. "The Welfare Impact of Land Redistribution: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Initiative in Malawi," Working Papers 227, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Mariapia Mendola & Franklin Simtowe, 2014. "The Welfare Impact of Land Redistribution: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Initiative in Malawi," Development Working Papers 366, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 07 Apr 2014.
- Nomfundo Mabuza, Nosipho, 2016. "Socio-economic impact of land reform projects benefiting from the Recapitalisation and Development Programme in South Africa," Research Theses 243471, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Christine Valente, 2011.
"Household Returns to Land Transfers in South Africa: A Q-squared Analysis,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 354-376.
- Christine Valente, "undated". "Household Returns to Land Transfers in South Africa: A Q-squared analysis," Discussion Papers 09/07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Johan Swinnen, & Kristine Van Herck & Liesbet Vranken, 2014. "The Diversity of Land Institutions in Europe," LICOS Discussion Papers 35514, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2000. "Property Rights Reform in Philippine Agriculture: Framework for Analysis and Review of Recent Experience," Discussion Papers DP 2000-29, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Raffaella Castagnini & Klaus Deininger & Maria A. Gonzalez, 2004. "Comparing land reform and land markets in colombia: impacts on equity and efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3258, The World Bank.
- Tomomi Tanaka, 2005. "Resource allocation with spatial externalities: Experiments on land consolidation," Experimental 0511004, EconWPA.
- Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Carter, Michael R., 2003.
"Asset smoothing, consumption smoothing and the reproduction of inequality under risk and subsistence constraints,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 233-260, August.
- Frederic Zimmerman & MICHAEL R. CARTER, "undated". "Asset Smoothing, Consumption Smoothing and the Reproduction for Inequality under Risk and Subsistence Constraints," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 402, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Löfgren, Hans & Chulu, Osten & Sichinga, Osky & Simtowe, Franklin & Tchale, Hardwick & Teska, Ralph & Wobst, Peter, 2001. "External shocks and domestic poverty alleviation," TMD discussion papers 71, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ludewigs, Thomas & D'antona, Alvaro de Oliveira & Brondízio, Eduardo Sonnewend & Hetrick, Scott, 2009. "Agrarian Structure and Land-cover Change Along the Lifespan of Three Colonization Areas in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1348-1359, August.
- Simmons, Cynthia & Walker, Robert & Perz, Stephen & Aldrich, Stephen & Caldas, Marcellus & Pereira, Ritaumaria & Leite, Flavia & Fernandes, Luiz Claudio & Arima, Eugenio, 2010. "Doing it for Themselves: Direct Action Land Reform in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 429-444, March.
- Albert Berry, 2002. "¿Colombia encontró por fin una reforma agraria que funcione?," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 4(6), pages 24-70, January-J.
- Llanto, Gilberto M. & Ballesteros, Marife M., 2003. "Land Issues in Poverty Reduction Strategies and the Development Agenda: Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2003-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Banco Mundial, 2004. "Colombia: Una Política De Tierras En Transición," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002146, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Berry, R. Albert, 2003. "Policy response to poverty and inequality in the developing world," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Conning, Jonathan H. & Robinson, James A., 2007.
"Property rights and the political organization of agriculture,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 416-447, March.
- Jonathan Conning & James A. Robinson, 2005. "Property Rights and the Political Organization of Agriculture," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 405, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Keswell, Malcolm & Carter, Michael R., 2014. "Poverty and land redistribution," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 250-261.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:255-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bradstock, Alastair, 2005. "Changing livelihoods and land reform: Evidence from the Northern Cape province of South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1979-1992, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:4:p:651-672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.