Is labor income responsible for poverty reduction ? a decomposition approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 1997.
"What Can New Survey Data Tell Us about Recent Changes in Distribution and Poverty?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 357-382, May.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 1996. "What can new survey data tell us about recent changes in distribution and poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1694, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Anthony Shorrocks, 2005. "A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-46, February.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1803-1815, November.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Growth, inequality, and poverty : looking beyond averages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2558, The World Bank.
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597, January.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Mirela de Carvalho & Samuel Franco & Rosane Mendonça, 2006. "Uma Análise das Principais Causas da Queda Recente na Desigualdade de Renda Brasileira," Discussion Papers 1203, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Joao Pedro Azevedo & Minh Cong Nguyen & Viviane Sanfelice, 2012. "ADECOMP: Stata module to estimate Shapley Decomposition by Components of a Welfare Measure," Statistical Software Components S457562, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cruces Guillermo & Fields Gary S. & Jaume David & Viollaz Mariana, 2015. "The growth-employment-poverty nexus in Latin America in the 2000s: Ecuador country study," WIDER Working Paper Series 076, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sırma Şeker & Stephen Jenkins, 2015.
"Poverty trends in Turkey,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 13(3), pages 401-424, September.
- ?eker, Sirma Demir & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013. "Poverty Trends in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 7823, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & È˜eker, Sirma Demir, 2013. "Poverty trends in Turkey," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-29, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Demir Şeker, Sırma & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2015. "Poverty trends in Turkey," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61012, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ceriani,Lidia & Inchauste Comboni,Maria Gabriela & Olivieri,Sergio Daniel, 2015. "Understanding poverty reduction in Sri Lanka : evidence from 2002 to 2012/13," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7446, The World Bank.
- Jorge Thompson Araujo & Ekaterina Vostroknutova & Markus Brueckner & Mateo Clavijo & Konstantin M. Wacker, 2016. "Beyond Commodities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 25321.
- Antonio David & Martin Petri, 2013. "Inclusive Growth and the Incidence of Fiscal Policy in Mauritius; Much Progress, But More Could be Done," IMF Working Papers 13/116, International Monetary Fund.
- Azevedo, Joao Pedro & Atamanov, Aziz, 2014. "Pathways to the middle class in Turkey : how have reducing poverty and boosting shared prosperity helped?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6834, The World Bank.
- Burt, Alison & Hughes, Barry & Milante, Gary, 2014. "Eradicating poverty in fragile states: prospects of reaching the"high-hanging"fruit by 2030," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7002, The World Bank.
- Narayan, Ambar & Saavedra-Chanduvi, Jaime & Tiwari, Sailesh, 2013. "Shared prosperity : links to growth, inequality and inequality of opportunity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6649, The World Bank.
- Ncube, Mthuli & Brixiova, Zuzana & Bicaba, Zorobabel, 2014.
"Can Dreams Come True? Eliminating Extreme Poverty in Africa by 2030,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8120, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mthuli Ncube & Zuzana Brixiova & Zorobabel Bicaba, 2014. "Can Dreams Come True? Eliminating Extreme Poverty In Africa By 2030," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1076, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Pérez Pérez,Jorge Eduardo & Rodriguez Castelan,Carlos & Trujillo,Jose Daniel & Valderrama,Daniel, 2015. "Unpacking the MPI : a decomposition approach of changes in multidimensional poverty headcounts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7514, The World Bank.
- Irene Brambilla & Darío Tortarolo, 2015. "Growth in Labor Earnings Across the Income. Distribution: Latin America During the 2000s," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0182, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Adrian Robles & Marcos Robles, 2016. "Changes in Welfare with a Heterogeneous Workforce: The Case of Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7507, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Inchauste, Gabriela & Azevedo, João Pedro & Olivieri, Sergio & Saavedra, Jaime & Winkler, Hernan, 2012. "When Job Earnings Are behind Poverty Reduction," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 97, pages 1-6, November.
- World Bank Group, 2016. "Moving Up the Ladder," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25173, The World Bank.
- Jorge Thompson Araujo & Markus Brueckner & Mateo Clavijo & Ekaterina Vostroknutova & Konstantin M. Wacker, 2014. "Benchmarking the Determinants of Economic Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21318, The World Bank.
- Samuel Morley, 2017. "Changes in rural poverty in Perú 2004–2012," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 26(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Cruces Guillermo & Fields Gary S. & Jaume David & Viollaz Mariana, 2015. "The growth-employment-poverty nexus in Latin America in the 2000s: Mexico country study," WIDER Working Paper Series 079, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank Group, 2015. "Kyrgyz Republic," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22957, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Poverty Reduction; Services&Transfers to Poor; Regional Economic Development; Poverty Monitoring&Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-04-27 (Development)
- NEP-LAM-2013-04-27 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2013-04-27 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.