Pathways to the middle class in Turkey : how have reducing poverty and boosting shared prosperity helped?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luis López-Calva & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez, 2014.
"A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo, 2011. "A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5902, The World Bank.
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- Francisca Antman & David J. McKenzie, 2007.
"Earnings Mobility and Measurement Error: A Pseudo-Panel Approach,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 125-161.
- Antman, Francisca & McKenzie, David J., 2005. "Earnings mobility and measurement error : a pseudo-panel approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3745, The World Bank.
- Azevedo, Joao Pedro & Davalos, Maria Eugenia & Diaz-Bonilla, Carolina & Atuesta, Bernardo & Castaneda, Raul Andres, 2013. "Fifteen years of inequality in Latin America : how have labor markets helped ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6384, The World Bank.
- Rebekka Grun & Cristobal Ridao-Cano & Herwig Immervoll & Sinem Capar & Victoria Levin & Meltem Aran & Carola Gruen & Levent Yener & Tolga Cebeci, 2013. "Good Jobs in Turkey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22568, The World Bank.
- Sırma Demir Şeker & Meltem Dayıoğlu, 2015. "Poverty Dynamics in Turkey," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(3), pages 477-493, September.
- Newman, John L. & Azevedo, Joao Pedro, 2013. "Setting reasonable performance targets for public service delivery," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6385, The World Bank.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-442, June.
- Joao Pedro Azevedo & Minh Cong Nguyen & Viviane Sanfelice, 2012. "ADECOMP: Stata module to estimate Shapley Decomposition by Components of a Welfare Measure," Statistical Software Components S457562, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jesko Hentschel & Meltem Aran & Raif Can & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Jeremie Gignoux & Arzu Uraz, 2010. "Life Chances in Turkey : Expanding Opportunities for the Next Generation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2505, April.
- Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Julian Messina & Jamele Rigolini & Luis-Felipe López-Calva & Maria Ana Lugo & Renos Vakis, 2013.
"Economic Mobility and the Rise of the Latin American Middle Class
[La movilidad económica y el crecimiento de la clase media en América Latina]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11858, April.
- Azevedo, Joao Pedro & Inchauste, Gabriela & Olivieri, Sergio & Saavedra, Jaime & Winkler, Hernan, 2013. "Is labor income responsible for poverty reduction ? a decomposition approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6414, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Poverty, Forest Dependence and Migration in the Forest Communities of Turkey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 28590, The World Bank.
- Azevedo,Joao Pedro Wagner De & Yang,Judy & Inan,Osman Kaan & Nguyen,Minh Cong & Montes,Jose, 2016. "When and where do we see regional poverty reduction and convergence ? lessons from the roof of Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7540, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Poverty Reduction; Regional Economic Development; Inequality; Achieving Shared Growth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2014-04-18 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2014-04-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAM-2014-04-18 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2014-04-18 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .