Pathways to the middle class in Turkey : how have reducing poverty and boosting shared prosperity helped?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Azevedo, Joao Pedro & Sanfelice, Viviane & Nguyen, Minh C., 2012. "Shapley Decomposition by Components of a Welfare Aggregate," MPRA Paper 85584, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis López-Calva & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez, 2014.
"A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo, 2011. "A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5902, The World Bank.
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 1, pages 1-102, Elsevier.
- Francisca Antman & David J. McKenzie, 2007.
"Earnings Mobility and Measurement Error: A Pseudo-Panel Approach,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(1), pages 125-161, October.
- Antman, Francisca & McKenzie, David J., 2005. "Earnings mobility and measurement error : a pseudo-panel approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3745, The World Bank.
- Azevedo, Joao Pedro & Davalos, Maria Eugenia & Diaz-Bonilla, Carolina & Atuesta, Bernardo & Castaneda, Raul Andres, 2013. "Fifteen years of inequality in Latin America : how have labor markets helped ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6384, The World Bank.
- Rebekka Grun & Cristobal Ridao-Cano & Herwig Immervoll & Sinem Capar & Victoria Levin & Meltem Aran & Carola Gruen & Levent Yener & Tolga Cebeci, 2013. "Good Jobs in Turkey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22568, The World Bank.
- Sırma Demir Şeker & Meltem Dayıoğlu, 2015. "Poverty Dynamics in Turkey," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(3), pages 477-493, September.
- Newman, John L. & Azevedo, Joao Pedro, 2013. "Setting reasonable performance targets for public service delivery," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6385, The World Bank.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-442, June.
- Joao Pedro Azevedo & Minh Cong Nguyen & Viviane Sanfelice, 2012. "ADECOMP: Stata module to estimate Shapley Decomposition by Components of a Welfare Measure," Statistical Software Components S457562, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 12 Jan 2019.
- Jesko Hentschel & Meltem Aran & Raif Can & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Jeremie Gignoux & Arzu Uraz, 2010. "Life Chances in Turkey : Expanding Opportunities for the Next Generation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2505.
- Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Julian Messina & Jamele Rigolini & Luis-Felipe López-Calva & Maria Ana Lugo & Renos Vakis, 2013.
"Economic Mobility and the Rise of the Latin American Middle Class
[La movilidad económica y el crecimiento de la clase media en América Latina]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11858.
- Azevedo, Joao Pedro & Inchauste, Gabriela & Olivieri, Sergio & Saavedra, Jaime & Winkler, Hernan, 2013. "Is labor income responsible for poverty reduction ? a decomposition approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6414, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Poverty, Forest Dependence and Migration in the Forest Communities of Turkey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 28590, The World Bank.
- Azevedo,Joao Pedro Wagner De & Yang,Judy & Inan,Osman Kaan & Nguyen,Minh Cong & Montes,Jose, 2016. "When and where do we see regional poverty reduction and convergence ? lessons from the roof of Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7540, The World Bank.
- Zhu, Ying & Freeman, Susan & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2018. "Service quality delivery in a cross-national context," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1022-1032.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Poverty Reduction; Regional Economic Development; Inequality; Achieving Shared Growth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2014-04-18 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2014-04-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-LAM-2014-04-18 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2014-04-18 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.