Consumer Response to a Food Safety Shock: The 2006 Food-Borne Illness Outbreak of E. coli O157: H7 Linked to Spinach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M., 1999. "The Economic Value Of Public Relations Expenditures: Food Safety And The Strawberry Case," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(2), pages 1-23, December.
- Beach, Robert H. & Kuchler, Fred & Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Zhen, Chen, 2008. "The Effects of Avian Influenza News on Consumer Purchasing Behavior: A Case Study of Italian Consumers' Retail Purchases," Economic Research Report 56477, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Tongzhe & Bernard, John C. & Johnston, Zachary A. & Messer, Kent D. & Kaiser, Harry M., 2017.
"Consumer preferences before and after a food safety scare: An experimental analysis of the 2010 egg recall,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 25-34.
- Li, Tongzhe & Bernard, John & Johnston, Zachary & Messer, Kent & Kaiser, Harry, 2016. "Consumer Preferences Before and After a Food Safety Scare: An Experimental Analysis of the 2010 Egg Recall," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235438, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2016. "Evaluating the costs of meat and poultry recalls to food firms using stock returns," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 66-77.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Woods, Mollie & Thornsbury, Suzanne & Raper, Kellie Curry & Weldon, Richard N. & Wysocki, Allen F., 2003. "Food Safety And Fresh Strawberry Markets," Staff Paper Series 11712, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Malaga, Jaime E. & Williams, Gary W., 2006. "Mexican Agricultural and Food Export Competitiveness," Reports 90778, Texas A&M University, Agribusiness, Food, and Consumer Economics Research Center.
- Santiago Guerrero, 2012. "Who is Selling You Chiquilitros of Gasoline? Evidence From a Public Disclosure Policy," Working Papers 2012-04, Banco de México.
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2008.
"Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza,"
2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas
6750, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2009. "Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51742, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Carpio, Carlos E. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 2006. "A Structural Econometric Model of Consumer Demand at Pick-Your-Own Fruit Operations," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21372, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:40:y:2018:i:3:p:402-420. is not listed on IDEAS
- Timothy J. Richards & William Nganje, 2014. "Welfare Effects of Food Safety Recalls," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(1), pages 107-124, March.
- Colin A. Carter & James A. Chalfant & Rachael E. Goodhue & Frank M. Han & Massimiliano DeSantis, 2005.
"The Methyl Bromide Ban: Economic Impacts on the California Strawberry Industry,"
Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 181-197.
- Colin A. Carter & James A. Chalfant & Rachael E. Goodhue & Frank M. Han & Massimiliano DeSantis, 2005. "The Methyl Bromide Ban: Economic Impacts on the California Strawberry Industry," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 181-197.
- Tiwari, Ashutosh & Richards, Timothy J., 2013. "Anonymous Social Networks versus Peer Networks in Restaurant Choice," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150467, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ashutosh Tiwari & Timothy J. Richards, 2016. "Social Networks and Restaurant Ratings," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 153-174, April.
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2013. "Effects of Meat Recalls on Firms' Stock Prices," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151287, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fred A. Yamoah & David E. Yawson, 2014. "Assessing Supermarket Food Shopper Reaction to Horsemeat Scandal in the UK," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 98-107.
- Hsu, Jane Lu & Liu, Kang Ernest & Lee, Hwang-Jaw & Huang, Min-Hsin & Hung, Kelsey Jing-Ru, 2010. "The Influences Of Avian Influenza, Bse, And H1n1 Influenza On Attitudinal Changes In Meat Safety Issues," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116405, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Tiwari, Ashutosh, 2014. "Social Networks and Restaurant Choice," 2014 AAEA/EAAE/CAES Joint Symposium: Social Networks, Social Media and the Economics of Food, May 29-30, 2014, Montreal, Canada 166112, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Padilla, Luis & Acharya, Ram N., 2000. "Effects Of Health Information On Fruit And Vegetable Consumption," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21742, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Thomsen, Michael R. & Shiptsova, Rimma & Hamm, Sandra J., 2004. "Sales Responses To Recalls For Listeria Monocytogenes: Evidence From Branded Ready-To-Eat Meats," 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma 34602, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Cameron MacKenzie & Hiba Baroud & Kash Barker, 2016. "Static and dynamic resource allocation models for recovery of interdependent systems: application to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 236(1), pages 103-129, January.
- Hassouneh, Islam & Radwan, Amr & Serra, Teresa & Gil, José M., 2012. "Food scare crises and developing countries: The impact of avian influenza on vertical price transmission in the Egyptian poultry sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 264-274.
- Gray, Richard S. & Sumner, Daniel A. & Alston, Julian M. & Brunke, Henrich & Acquaye, Albert K.A., 2005. "Economic Consequences of Mandated Grading and Food Safety Assurance: Ex Ante Analysis of the Federal Marketing Order for California Pistachios," Monographs, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation, number 11935, December.
- Carlos Arnade & Fred Kuchler & Linda Calvin, 2013. "Consumers’ Response When Regulators Are Uncertain About the Source of Foodborne Illness," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 17-36, March.
- H. Holly Wang & Paul Gardner de Beville, 2017. "The media impact of animal disease on the US meat demand," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(4), pages 493-504, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:4:p:734-750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Oxford University Press to update the entry or send us the correct address or Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.