The Effects of Avian Influenza News on Consumer Purchasing Behavior: A Case Study of Italian Consumers' Retail Purchases
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuchler, Fred & Tegene, Abebayehu, 2006. "Did Bse Announcements Reduce Beef Purchases?," Economic Research Report 7251, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Golan, Elise H. & Krissoff, Barry & Kuchler, Fred & Calvin, Linda & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Price, Gregory K., 2004. "Traceability In The U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory And Industry Studies," Agricultural Economics Reports 33939, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Dono, Gabriele & Thompson, Gary, 1994. "Explaining Changes in Italian Consumption of Meat: Parametric and Non-parametric Analysis," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 21(2), pages 175-198.
- Mitchell, Douglas W. & Speaker, Paul J., 1986. "A simple, flexible distributed lag technique : The polynomial inverse lag," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 329-340, April.
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Mark E. Smith & Eileen O. van Ravenswaay & Stanley R. Thompson, 1988. "Sales Loss Determination in Food Contamination Incidents: An Application to Milk Bans in Hawaii," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(3), pages 513-520.
- Frazao, Elizabeth & Meade, Birgit Gisela Saager & Regmi, Anita, 2008. "Converging Patterns in Global Food Consumption and Food Delivery Systems," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, February.
- L. Fanelli & M. Mazzocchi, 2002. "A cointegrated VECM demand system for meat in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(13), pages 1593-1605.
- Michael K. Wohlgenant & William F. Hahn, 1982. "Dynamic Adjustment in Monthly Consumer Demands for Meats," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 64(3), pages 553-557.
- Thomas Marsh & Ted Schroeder & James Mintert, 2004. "Impacts of meat product recalls on consumer demand in the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 897-909.
- Blayney, Donald P. & Dyck, John H. & Harvey, David J., 2006. "Economic Effects of Animal Diseases linked to Trade Dependency," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hassouneh, Islam & Radwan, Amr & Serra, Teresa & Gil, José M., 2012. "Food scare crises and developing countries: The impact of avian influenza on vertical price transmission in the Egyptian poultry sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 264-274.
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2008.
"Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza,"
2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas
6750, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2009. "Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51742, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Santiago Guerrero, 2012. "Who is Selling You Chiquilitros of Gasoline? Evidence From a Public Disclosure Policy," Working Papers 2012-04, Banco de México.
- Hsu, Jane Lu & Liu, Kang Ernest & Lee, Hwang-Jaw & Huang, Min-Hsin & Hung, Kelsey Jing-Ru, 2010. "The Influences Of Avian Influenza, Bse, And H1n1 Influenza On Attitudinal Changes In Meat Safety Issues," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116405, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:oup:revage:v:31:y:2009:i:4:p:734-750. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAvian influenza; bird flu; consumer behavior; food safety; poultry sales and consumption; risk perception and response; Agricultural and Food Policy; Health Economics and Policy; Institutional and Behavioral Economics; International Relations/Trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersrr:56477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.