Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza
Understanding consumer response to food safety information is important for quantifying consumer response to food safety events, predicting market impacts, and developing appropriate risk communication strategies. In this study, we present a methodology for analysis of consumer response to media coverage of avian influenza and an application using Italian data.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:att:wimass:9220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Heien, Dale & Durham, Cathy, 1991. "A Test of the Habit Formation Hypothesis Using Household Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 189-99, May.
- Ferson, Wayne E. & Constantinides, George M., 1991.
"Habit persistence and durability in aggregate consumption: Empirical tests,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 199-240, October.
- Wayne E. Ferson & George M. Constantinides, 1991. "Habit Persistence and Durability in Aggregate Consumption: Empirical Tests," NBER Working Papers 3631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oral Capps & H. Alan Love, 2002. "Econometric Considerations in the Use of Electronic Scanner Data to Conduct Consumer Demand Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 807-816.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1994.
"Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 631-53, October.
- Kenneth D. West & Whitney K. Newey, 1995. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario Mazzocchi & Davide Delle Monache & Alexandra Lobb, 2006. "A structural time series approach to modelling multiple and resurgent meat scares in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(14), pages 1677-1688.
- L. Fanelli & M. Mazzocchi, 2002. "A cointegrated VECM demand system for meat in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(13), pages 1593-1605.
- Thomas Marsh & Ted Schroeder & James Mintert, 2004. "Impacts of meat product recalls on consumer demand in the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 897-909.
- Carlos Arnade & Munisamy Gopinath & Daniel Pick, 2008. "Brand Inertia in U.S. Household Cheese Consumption," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 813-826.
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Igal Hendel & Aviv Nevo, 2005.
"Measuring the Implications of Sales and Consumer Inventory Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
11307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Igal Hendel & Aviv Nevo, 2006. "Measuring the Implications of Sales and Consumer Inventory Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1637-1673, November.
- Crafton, Steven M & Hoffer, George E & Reilly, Robert J, 1981. "Testing the Impact of Recalls on the Demand for Automobiles," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 694-703, October.
- Mitchell, Douglas W. & Speaker, Paul J., 1986. "A simple, flexible distributed lag technique : The polynomial inverse lag," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 329-340, April.
- Holt, Matthew T & Goodwin, Barry K, 1997. "Generalized Habit Formation in an Inverse Almost Ideal Demand System: An Application to Meat Expenditures in the U.S," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 293-320.
- Beach, Robert H. & Kuchler, Fred & Leibtag, Ephraim S. & Zhen, Chen, 2008. "The Effects of Avian Influenza News on Consumer Purchasing Behavior: A Case Study of Italian Consumers' Retail Purchases," Economic Research Report 56477, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Christine Lensing & Wayne D. Purcell, 2006. "Impact of Mandatory Price Reporting Requirements on Level, Variability, and Elasticity Parameter Estimations for Retail Beef Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 229-239.
- Mario Mazzocchi, 2006. "No News Is Good News: Stochastic Parameters versus Media Coverage Indices in Demand Models after Food Scares," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 727-741.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaed:6750. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.