Impacts of BSE and Avian Influenza on U.S. Meat Demand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2008.
"Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza,"
2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas
6750, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2009. "Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51742, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zijun Wang & David A. Bessler, 2006. "Price and quantity endogeneity in demand analysis: evidence from directed acyclic graphs," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 34(1), pages 87-95, January.
- Zijun Wang & David A. Bessler, 2003. "Forecast evaluations in meat demand analysis," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 505-523.
- Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W., 2001.
"A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact,"
Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 359-374, September.
- Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W., 2001. "A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- Eales, James S. & Unnevehr, Laurian J., 1994. "The inverse almost ideal demand system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 101-115, January.
- Badi Baltagi & Zijun Wang, 2007.
"Testing for Cointegrating Rank Via Model Selection: Evidence From 165 Data Sets,"
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 41-49, July.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Zijun Wang, 2006. "Testing for Cointegrating Rank via Model Selection: Evidence from 165 Data Sets," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 83, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Nicholas E. Piggott & Thomas L. Marsh, 2004. "Does Food Safety Information Impact U.S. Meat Demand?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 154-174.
- Aznar, Antonio & Salvador, Manuel, 2002. "Selecting The Rank Of The Cointegration Space And The Form Of The Intercept Using An Information Criterion," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 926-947, August.
- Mario Mazzocchi & Davide Delle Monache & Alexandra Lobb, 2006. "A structural time series approach to modelling multiple and resurgent meat scares in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(14), pages 1677-1688.
- Morana, Claudio, 2000. "Modelling Evolving Long-Run Relationships: An Application to the Italian Energy Market," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(1), pages 72-93, February.
- Mario Mazzocchi, 2006. "No News Is Good News: Stochastic Parameters versus Media Coverage Indices in Demand Models after Food Scares," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 727-741.
- Chambers, Marcus J., 1990. "Forecasting with demand systems : A comparative study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 363-376, June.
- William F. Hahn, 1994. "Elasticities in AIDS Models: Comment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(4), pages 972-977.
- Thomas Marsh & Ted Schroeder & James Mintert, 2004. "Impacts of meat product recalls on consumer demand in the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 897-909.
- Martyn Duffy, 2006. "Tobacco consumption and policy in the United Kingdom," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 1235-1257.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Wang, Zijun & Bessler, David A., 2004. "Forecasting performance of multivariate time series models with full and reduced rank: an empirical examination," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 683-695.
- Mario Mazzocchi, 2003. "Time-varying coefficients in the Almost Ideal Demand System: an empirical appraisal," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 241-270, June.
- Duffy, Martyn, 2003. "Advertising and food, drink and tobacco consumption in the United Kingdom: a dynamic demand system," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 51-70, January.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand and Price Analysis; Health Economics and Policy; Livestock Production/Industries;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-24 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:150392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.