The demand impacts of chicken contamination publicity-a case study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giancarlo Moschini & Karl D. Meilke, 1989.
"Modeling the Pattern of Structural Change in U.S. Meat Demand,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 253-261.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Meilke, Karl D., 1989. "Modeling the Pattern of Structural Change in U.S. Meat Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11266, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Thurman, Walter N, 1986. "Endogeneity Testing in a Supply and Demand Framework," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 638-646, November.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Meilke, Karl D., 1984. "Parameter Stability And The U.S. Demand For Beef," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(2), pages 1-12, December.
- Chalfant, James A & Alston, Julian M, 1988. "Accounting for Changes in Tastes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 391-410, April.
- David G. Swartz & Ivar E. Strand, Jr., 1981. "Avoidance Costs Associated with Imperfect Information: The Case of Kepone," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(2), pages 139-150.
- Dahlgran, Roger A., 1987. "Complete Flexibility Systems And The Stationarity Of U.S. Meat Demands," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(2), pages 1-12, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohamed Salah Matoussi & Sylvette Monier-Dilhan & Daniel Hassan & Éric Cahuzac, 2007.
"Sécurité sanitaire des aliments : fausse alerte et vraie crise,"
Économie et Prévision,
Programme National Persée, vol. 177(1), pages 55-64.
- Éric Cahuzac & Daniel Hassan & Sylvette Monier-Dilhan, 2007. "Sécurité sanitaire des aliments : fausse alerte et vraie crise," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 0(1), pages 55-64.
- Cahuzac, Eric & Hassan, Daniel & Monier-Dilhan, Sylvette, 2007. "Securite Sanitaire Des Aliments: Fausse Alerte Et Vraie Crise," 103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain 9439, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013.
"Consumers’ Reactions to Negative Information on Product Quality: Evidence from Scanner Data,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 42(3), pages 235-280, May.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2010. "Consumers’ Reactions To Negative Information On Product Quality: Evidence From Scanner Data," Working Papers 201012, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Li, Tongzhe & Bernard, John C. & Johnston, Zachary A. & Messer, Kent D. & Kaiser, Harry M., 2017.
"Consumer preferences before and after a food safety scare: An experimental analysis of the 2010 egg recall,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 25-34.
- Li, Tongzhe & Bernard, John & Johnston, Zachary & Messer, Kent & Kaiser, Harry, 2016. "Consumer Preferences Before and After a Food Safety Scare: An Experimental Analysis of the 2010 Egg Recall," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235438, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Yadavalli, Anita & Jones, Keithly, 2014. "Does media influence consumer demand? The case of lean finely textured beef in the United States," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 219-227.
- Rieger, Jörg & Kuhlgatz, Christian & Anders, Sven, 2016. "Food scandals, media attention and habit persistence among desensitised meat consumers," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 82-92.
- Rieger, Jorg & Kuhlgatz, Christian, 2015.
"Analyzing Consumer Demand During a Food Scandal: The Case of Dioxin Contaminated Feed in Germany and the Media,"
2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy
212292, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rieger, Jorg & Kuhlgatz, Christian, 2015. "Analyzing Consumer Demand During A Food Scandal: The Case of Dioxin Contaminated Feed in Germany And The Media," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212197, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Taylor, Mykel & Klaiber, H. Allen & Kuchler, Fred, 2016. "Changes in U.S. consumer response to food safety recalls in the shadow of a BSE scare," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 56-64.
- Laestadius, Linnea I. & Lagasse, Lisa P. & Smith, Katherine Clegg & Neff, Roni A., 2012. "Print news coverage of the 2010 Iowa egg recall: Addressing bad eggs and poor oversight," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 751-759.
- Martin Browning & Lars Gårn Hansen & Sinne Smed, 2013. "Rational inattention or rational overreaction? Consumer reactions to health news," IFRO Working Paper 2013/14, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Hornung, Jonathan T. & Ward, Clement E., 2005. "Positive Market Effects from a Meatpacking Plant Opening: Perceptions and Reality," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 6, pages 1-10, March.
- Mario Mazzocchi & Davide Delle Monache & Alexandra Lobb, 2006. "A structural time series approach to modelling multiple and resurgent meat scares in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(14), pages 1677-1688.
- Carlos Arnade & Fred Kuchler & Linda Calvin, 2013. "Consumers’ Response When Regulators Are Uncertain About the Source of Foodborne Illness," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 17-36, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:18:y:2002:i:4:p:459-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.