The Effect Of Food-Safety Related Information On Consumers' Preference: The Case Of Bse Outbreak In Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Julie A. Caswell & Eliza M. Mojduszka, 1996.
"Using Informational Labeling to Influence the Market for Quality in Food Products,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1248-1253.
- Caswell, Julie A. & Mojduszka, Eliza M., 1996. "Using Informational Labeling To Influence The Market For Quality In Food Products," Working Papers 25989, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- M.-J.J. Mangen & A.M. Burrell, 2001. "Decomposing Preference Shifts for Meat and Fish in the Netherlands," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 16-28.
- Choi, Seungmook & Sosin, Kim, 1992. "Structural Change in the Demand for Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 226-238, May.
- Varian, Hal R, 1982. "The Nonparametric Approach to Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 945-973, July.
- Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W., 2001.
"A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact,"
Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 359-374, September.
- Verbeke, Wim & Ward, Ronald W., 2001. "A fresh meat almost ideal demand system incorporating negative TV press and advertising impact," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(2-3), September.
- Hal R. Varian, 1983. "Non-parametric Tests of Consumer Behaviour," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 99-110.
- Chalfant, James A & Alston, Julian M, 1988. "Accounting for Changes in Tastes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 391-410, April.
- Caswell, Julie A., 1998.
"How Labeling of Safety and Process Attributes Affects Markets for Food,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 151-158, October.
- Caswell, Julie A., 1998. "How Labeling Of Safety And Process Attributes Affects Markets For Food," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), October.
- Dermot J. Hayes & Thomas I. Wahl & Gary W. Williams, 1990.
"Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(3), pages 556-566.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Wahl, Thomas I. & Williams, Gary W., 1990. "Testing Restrictions on a Model of Japanese Meat Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10940, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1989. "The Weak Axiom of Revealed Preference for Market Demand Is Strong," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 979-985, July.
- Latouche, K. & Rainelli, P. & Vermersch, D., 1998. "Food safety issues and the BSE scare: some lessons from the French case," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 347-356, October.
- Foster, William & Just, Richard E., 1989. "Measuring welfare effects of product contamination with consumer uncertainty," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 266-283, November.
- Jean-Paul Chavas, 1983. "Structural Change in the Demand for Meat," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(1), pages 148-153.
- Famulari, Melissa, 1995. "A Household-Based, Nonparametric Test of Demand Theory," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 372-382, May.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Jérôme Adda, 2007. "Behavior towards health risks: An empirical study using the “Mad Cow” crisis as an experiment," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 285-305, December.
- Frechette, Darren L. & Jin, Hyun-Joung, 2002. "Distinguishing transitory nonlinear shocks from permanent structural change," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 231-248, June.
- M. P. Burton & T. Young, 1991. "Non-Parametric Tests For Changes In Consumer Preferences For Meat In Great Britain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 138-145.
- Varian, Hal R., 1985. "Non-parametric analysis of optimizing behavior with measurement error," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 445-458.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsFood Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea03:22043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .