Testing the Impact of Recalls on the Demand for Automobiles
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ater, Itai & Yosef, Nir, 2018. "The Impact of Product Recalls on the Secondary Market:Evidence from Dieselgate," CEPR Discussion Papers 12899, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen W. Pruitt & David R. Peterson, 1986. "Security Price Reactions Around Product Recall Announcements," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(2), pages 113-122, June.
- Bae, Yong-Kyun & Benitez-Silva, Hugo, 2013.
"Information Transmission and Vehicle Recalls: The Role and Regulation of Recall Notification Letters,"
50380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2013. "Information Transmission and Vehicle Recalls: The Role and Regulation of Recall Notification Letter," Department of Economics Working Papers 13-02, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2008.
"Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza,"
2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas
6750, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Beach, Robert H. & Zhen, Chen, 2009. "Consumer Purchasing Behavior in Response to Media Coverage of Avian Influenza," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51742, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bates, Hilary & Holweg, Matthias & Lewis, Michael & Oliver, Nick, 2007. "Motor vehicle recalls: Trends, patterns and emerging issues," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 202-210, April.
- Collins, J. Michael & Simon, Kosali I. & Tennyson, Sharon, 2013. "Drug withdrawals and the utilization of therapeutic substitutes: The case of Vioxx," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 148-168.
- Schwartz-Landsman, V., 2020. "A Chasm to Cross: From Research to Practice and Back," ERIM Inaugural Address Series Research in Management EIA 2020-081-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam..
- Mooweon Rhee & Pamela R. Haunschild, 2006. "The Liability of Good Reputation: A Study of Product Recalls in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 101-117, February.
- Christopher Robertson & Anna Lamin & Grigorios Livanis, 2010. "Stakeholder Perceptions of Offshoring and Outsourcing: The Role of Embedded Issues," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 167-189, August.
- Yong-Kyun Bae & Hugo Benítez-Silva, 2013.
"The Effects Of Automobile Recalls On The Severity Of Accidents,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(2), pages 1232-1250, April.
- Hugo Benitez-Silva & Yong-Kyun Bae, 2010. "The Effects of Automobile Recalls on the Severity of Accidents," Department of Economics Working Papers 10-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Edgardo Ayala & Joana Chapa, 2017. "AH1N1 impact on the Mexican pork meat market," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 32(1), pages 3-25.
- Bakhtavoryan, Rafael & Capps, Oral & Salin, Victoria, 2014.
"The Impact of Food Safety Incidents Across Brands: The Case of the Peter Pan Peanut Butter Recall,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 559-573, November.
- Bakhtavoryan, Rafael & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Salin, Victoria, 2014. "The Impact of Food Safety Incidents Across Brands: The Case of the Peter Pan Peanut Butter Recall," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1-14, November.
- Bakhtavoryan, Rafael & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Salin, Victoria, 2014. "The Impact of Food Safety Incidents Across Brands: The Case of the Peter Pan Peanut Butter Recall," Reports 285234, Texas A&M University, Agribusiness, Food, and Consumer Economics Research Center.
- Robert G. Hammond, 2013. "Sudden Unintended Used‐Price Deceleration? The 2009–2010 Toyota Recalls," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 78-100, March.
- Yan Liu & Venkatesh Shankar, 2015. "The Dynamic Impact of Product-Harm Crises on Brand Preference and Advertising Effectiveness: An Empirical Analysis of the Automobile Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(10), pages 2514-2535, October.
- Andrew Cooke & Wendy Chapple, 1998. "Guilty by Association? The Case of The Karin B Scare," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-12, January.
- Lint Barrage & Eric Chyn & Justine Hastings, 2020.
"Advertising and Environmental Stewardship: Evidence from the BP Oil Spill,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 33-61, February.
- Lint Barrage & Eric Chyn & Justine Hastings, 2014. "Advertising and Environmental Stewardship: Evidence from the BP Oil Spill," NBER Working Papers 19838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria-Gaia Soana, 2011. "The Relationship Between Corporate Social Performance and Corporate Financial Performance in the Banking Sector," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 133-148, November.
- Unsal, Omer & Hassan, M. Kabir & Zirek, Duygu, 2017. "Product recalls and security prices: New evidence from the US market," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 62-79.
- Heechang Shin & Robert Richardson & Oredola Soluade, 2014. "Assessing sales loss from automobile recalls: a Toyota case study," International Journal of Business Continuity and Risk Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 14-28.
- Bowen, Robert M. & DuCharme, Larry & Shores, D., 1995. "Stakeholders' implicit claims and accounting method choice," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 255-295, December.
- Alexander, Cindy R, 1999. "On the Nature of the Reputational Penalty for Corporate Crime: Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 489-526, April.
- Azimian, Alireza & Kilgour, D. Marc & Noori, Hamid, 2016. "Mitigating contagion risk by investing in the safety of rivals," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(3), pages 935-945.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:19:y:1981:i:4:p:694-703. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.