Mexican Agricultural and Food Export Competitiveness
This report analyzes the export performance of the Mexican agricultural and food sector in recent years with a particular emphasis on the changing competitiveness of those exports in the U.S. and world markets. The report includes an examination of the general trends in Mexican agricultural and food exports, an analysis of the international competitiveness of the major subgroups of Mexican agriculture based on the Revealed Comparative Advantage methodology, an assessment of the competitiveness of Mexican exports of specific agricultural and food products to the United States, a consideration of the effectiveness of Mexico’s agricultural and food export market diversification efforts, a discussion of the main factors likely to affect the long-term competitiveness of Mexican agriculture, and policy recommendations for enhancing the competitiveness of Mexican agricultural and food exports.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 450 Blocker Building, 2124 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-2124|
Phone: (979) 845-5913
Fax: (979) 845-3140
Web page: http://afcerc.tamu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Loyns, R.M.A. & Meilke, Karl D. & Knutson, Ronald D. & Yunez-Naude, Antonio, 2001. "Background And Purpose Of The Workshop: "Trade Liberalization Under Nafta - Report Card On Agriculture"," Trade Liberalization Under NAFTA: Report Card on Agriculture; Proceedings of the 6th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop -2000 16824, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Heath, John Richard, 1990. "Enhancing the contribution of land reform to Mexican agricultural development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 285, The World Bank.
- Green, Tina & Hanson, Lynne & Lee, Ling & Fanghanel, Hector & Zahniser, Steven, 2005.
"North American Approaches to Regulatory Coordination,"
North American Agrifood Market Integration Workshop II: Agrifood Regulatory and Policy Integration under Stress, May 2005, San Antonio, Texas
17995, Farm Foundation.
- Green, Tina & Hanson, Lynne & Lee, Ling & Fanghanel, Hector & Zahniser, Steven, 2005. "North American Approaches to Regulatory Coordination," 2005 NAAMIC Workshop II: Agrifood Regulatory and Policy Integration under Stress 163862, North American Agrifood Market Integration Consortium (NAAMIC).
- Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Janvry, Alain de & Davis, Benjamin, 2001. "Cash Transfer Programs with Income Multipliers: PROCAMPO in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1043-1056, June.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M., 1999. "The Economic Value Of Public Relations Expenditures: Food Safety And The Strawberry Case," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Orden, David, 2004. "Mexico-U.S. Avocado Trade Expansion," Keeping the Borders Open; Proceedings of the 8th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshop - 2002 16916, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Zahniser, Steven, 2004. "Integration of North American Agriculture," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, June.
- Malaga, Jaime E. & Williams, Gary W. & Fuller, Stephen W., 2001. "US-Mexico fresh vegetable trade: the effects of trade liberalization and economic growth," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 45-55, October.
- Malaga, Jaime E. & Williams, Gary W. & Fuller, Stephen W., 2001. "US-Mexico fresh vegetable trade: the effects of trade liberalization and economic growth," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 26(1), October.
- Cook, Roberta L. & Calvin, Linda, 2005. "Greenhouse Tomatoes Change the Dynamics of the North American Fresh Tomato Industry," Economic Research Report 7244, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Grennes, Thomas J. & Estrada, Julio Hernandez & Krissoff, Barry & Matus Gardea, Jaime Arturo & Sharples, Jerry A. & Valdes, Constanza, 1991. "An Analysis Of A United States-Canada-Mexico Free Trade Agreement," Commissioned Papers 14616, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Alan Barkema & Mark Drabenstott, 1996. "The U.S. farm export boom: how will it be shaped by global infrastructure?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 77-91. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:tamagr:90778. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.