Citations for "Using genetic algorithms to find technical trading rules"
by Allen, Franklin & Karjalainen, Risto
- Pedro N. Rodríguez & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2006. "Using machine learning algorithms to find patterns in stock prices," Working Papers 2006-12, FEDEA.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Ng, Wing-Kam & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen, 2014.
"Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators,"
54149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Wing-Kam Ng & Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2014. "Revisiting the Performance of MACD and RSI Oscillators," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Mika Vaihekoski, 2011. "History of financial research and education in Finland," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5-6), pages 339-354.
- Vaihekoski, Mika, 2008. "History of finance research and education in Finland: The first thirty years," Research Discussion Papers 18/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Nunez-Letamendia, Laura, 2007. "Fitting the control parameters of a genetic algorithm: An application to technical trading systems design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(3), pages 847-868, June.
- Lee, Chun I & Gleason, Kimberly C. & Mathur, Ike, 2001. "Trading rule profits in Latin American currency spot rates," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 135-156.
- Pierre Bajgrowicz & Olivier Scaillet, 2007.
"Technical Trading Revisited: False Discoveries, Persistence Tests, and Transaction Costs,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
08-05, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jul 2009.
- Bajgrowicz, Pierre & Scaillet, Olivier, 2012. "Technical trading revisited: False discoveries, persistence tests, and transaction costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 473-491.
- Bernd Brandl & Christian Keber & Matthias Schuster, 2006. "An automated econometric decision support system: forecasts for foreign exchange trades," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 401-415, December.
- Cialenco, Igor & Protopapadakis, Aris, 2011. "Do technical trading profits remain in the foreign exchange market? Evidence from 14 currencies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 176-206, April.
- Xue-Zhong He & Kai Li, 2014. "Time Series Momentum and Market Stability," Research Paper Series 341, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Yochanan Shachmurove & Uri BenZion & Paul Klein & Joseph Yagil, 2001. "A Moving Average Comparison of the Tel-Aviv 25 and S&P 500 Stock Indices," Penn CARESS Working Papers 4731f3394c43bebf4d3191c81, Penn Economics Department.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2001.
"Risk-adjusted, ex ante, optimal technical trading rules in equity markets,"
1999-015, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Neely, Christopher J., 2003. "Risk-adjusted, ex ante, optimal technical trading rules in equity markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 69-87.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Mark P. Taylor, 2007.
"The Obstinate Passion of Foreign Exchange Professionals: Technical Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 45(4), pages 936-972, December.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "The Obstinate Passion of Foreign Exchange Professionals : Technical Analysis," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 769, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "The Obstinate Passion of Foreign Exchange Professionals: Technical Analysis," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-352, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Paul Weller & Christopher Neely, 1999.
"Technical Analysis and Central Bank Intervention,"
wp99-04, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Shynkevich, Andrei, 2012. "Short-term predictability of equity returns along two style dimensions," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 675-685.
- Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Nomikos, Nikos, 2014. "Performance replication of the Spot Energy Index with optimal equity portfolio selection: Evidence from the UK, US and Brazilian markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 571-582.
- Marshall, Ben R. & Cahan, Rochester H. & Cahan, Jared M., 2008. "Does intraday technical analysis in the U.S. equity market have value?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 199-210, March.
- Andreas Krause, 2009. "Evaluating the performance of adapting trading strategies with different memory lengths," Papers 0901.0447, arXiv.org.
- Marshall, Ben R. & Young, Martin R. & Rose, Lawrence C., 2006. "Candlestick technical trading strategies: Can they create value for investors?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 2303-2323, August.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Lam, Tau-Hing & Yan, Isabel Kit-Ming, 2012.
"Is the Chinese stock market really inefficient?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 122-137.
- Julián Andrada Félix & Fernando Fernández Rodríguez & María Dolores García Artiles, 2004. "Non-linear trading rules in the New York Stock Exchange," Documentos de trabajo conjunto ULL-ULPGC 2004-05, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas de la ULPGC.
- Andrew W. Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 2000.
"Foundations of Technical Analysis: Computational Algorithms, Statistical Inference, and Empirical Implementation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1705-1770, 08.
- Andrew Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 1999. "Foundations of Technical Analysis: Computational Algorithms, Statistical Inference, and Empirical Implementation," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 402, Society for Computational Economics.
- Andrew W. Lo & Harry Mamaysky & Jiang Wang, 2000. "Foundations of Technical Analysis: Computational Algorithms, Statistical Inference, and Empirical Implementation," NBER Working Papers 7613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Serge Hayward, 2005. "The Role of Heterogeneous Agents’ Past and Forward Time Horizons in Formulating Computational Models," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 25-40, February.
- Fernando Fernandez-Rodriguez & Christian Gonzalez-Martel & Simon Sosvilla-Rivero, 2005.
"Optimization of technical rules by genetic algorithms: evidence from the Madrid stock market,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(11), pages 773-775.
- Fernando Fernández-Rodríguez & Christian González-Martel & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, . "Optimisation of Technical Rules by Genetic Algorithms: Evidence from the Madrid Stock Market," Working Papers 2001-14, FEDEA.
- Fong, Wai Mun & Yong, Lawrence H. M., 2005. "Chasing trends: recursive moving average trading rules and internet stocks," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 43-76, January.
- M. A. H. Dempster & C. M. Jones, 2002. "Can channel pattern trading be profitably automated?," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 275-301.
- Robert Pereira, 1999.
"Forecasting Ability but No Profitability: an Empirical Evaluation of Genetic Algorithm-Optimized Technical Trading Rules,"
1999.06, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Pereira, Robert, 1999. "Forecasting Ability But No Profitability: An Empirical Evaluation of Genetic Algorithm-optimised Technical Trading Rules," MPRA Paper 9055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcos Alvarez Díaz & Manuel González Gómez, 2003. "Modelización semiparamétrica y validación teórica del método de valoración contingente. Aplicación de un algoritmo genético," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 164(1), pages 29-47, march.
- Wolbert-Haverkamp, Matthias & Feil, Jan-Henning & Mußhoff, Oliver, 2014. "The value chain of heat production from woody biomass under market competition and different intervention systems: An agent-based real options model," DARE Discussion Papers 1407, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Karolina Safarzyńska & Jeroen Bergh, 2010. "Evolutionary models in economics: a survey of methods and building blocks," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 329-373, June.
- Friesen, Geoffrey C. & Weller, Paul A. & Dunham, Lee M., 2009. "Price trends and patterns in technical analysis: A theoretical and empirical examination," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1089-1100, June.
- Trifan, Emanuela, 2004. "Entscheidungsregeln und ihr Einfluss auf den Aktienkurs," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 37282, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Shynkevich, Andrei, 2013. "Time-series momentum as an intra- and inter-industry effect: Implications for market efficiency," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 64-85.
- Gradojevic, Nikola & Gençay, Ramazan, 2013. "Fuzzy logic, trading uncertainty and technical trading," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 578-586.
- Laura Marta Nuã‘Ez, 2004. "Do Moving Average Rules Make Profits? A Study Using The Madrid Stock Market," Working Papers Economia wp04-03, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Feil, Jan-Henning & Musshoff, Oliver, 2013. "Modelling investment and disinvestment decisions under competition, uncertainty and different market interventions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 443-452.
- Vlad Pavlov & Stan Hurn, 2009. "Testing the Profitability of Technical Analysis as a Portfolio Selection Strategy," NCER Working Paper Series 52, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Hsu, Po-Hsuan & Hsu, Yu-Chin & Kuan, Chung-Ming, 2010. "Testing the predictive ability of technical analysis using a new stepwise test without data snooping bias," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 471-484, June.
- Noe, Thomas H. & Rebello, Michael J. & Wang, Jun, 2004.
"The Evolution of Security Designs,"
SIFR Research Report Series
26, Institute for Financial Research.
- Manuel Ammann & Christian Zenkner, 2003. "Tactical Asset Allocation mit Genetischen Algorithmen," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(I), pages 1-40, March.
- Dan Anghel, 2013. "How Reliable is the Moving Average Crossover Rule for an Investor on the Romanian Stock Market?," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 5(2), pages 089-115, December.
- Meredith Beechey & David Gruen & James Vickery, 2000. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis: A Survey," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2000-01, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Noe, Thomas H. & Rebello, Michael & Wang, Jun, 2012. "Learning to bid: The design of auctions under uncertainty and adaptation," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 620-636.
- Cyril Schoreels & Jonathan M. Garibaldi, 2006. "Comparative study of central decision makers versus groups of evolved agents trading in equity markets," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 410, Society for Computational Economics.
- Hristos Doucouliagos, 2003. "Number Preference in Australian Stock Prices," Economics Series 2003_05, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Parisi, Franco & Vasquez, Alejandra, 2000. "Simple technical trading rules of stock returns: evidence from 1987 to 1998 in Chile," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 152-164, September.
- Cheol-Ho Park & Scott H. Irwin, 2007. "What Do We Know About The Profitability Of Technical Analysis?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 786-826, 09.
- Kamalesh Gosalia & Rock Lefebvre, 2013. "Empirical Testing of the Momentum Effect in Canadian Capital Markets," Working Papers 130603, Certified General Accountants Association of Canada.
- Kevin Krieger & Nathan Mauck & Denghui Chen, 2012. "VIX changes and derivative returns on FOMC meeting days," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 315-331, September.
- Terje Lensberg & Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppe, 2006.
"On the Evolution of Investment Strategies and the Kelly Rule – A Darwinian Approach,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
06-38, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Lensberg, Terje & Schenk-Hoppé, Klaus Reiner, 2006. "On the Evolution of Investment Strategies and the Kelly Rule – A Darwinian Approach," Discussion Papers 2006/23, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Ülkü, Numan & Prodan, Eugeniu, 2013. "Drivers of technical trend-following rules' profitability in world stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 214-229.
- Marcos Álvarez-Díaz & Lucy Amigo Dobaño, 2003. "Métodos No-Lineales De Predicción En El Mercado De Valores Tecnológicos En España. Una Verificación De La Hipótesis Débil De Eficiencia," Working Papers 0303, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Wei, Liang-Ying, 2013. "A hybrid model based on ANFIS and adaptive expectation genetic algorithm to forecast TAIEX," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 893-899.
- K. Lam & Wei Li, 2004. "Is the ‘Perfect’ Timing Strategy Truly Perfect?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 39-51, January.
- Tzu-Wen Kuo & Shu-Heng Chen,, 2003. "Genetic Programming and International Short-Term Capital Flow," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 74, Society for Computational Economics.
- Isakov, Dusan & Marti, Didier, 2011. "Technical Analysis with a Long-Term Perspective: Trading Strategies and Market Timing Ability," FSES Working Papers 421, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Gradojevic, Nikola, 2007. "Non-linear, hybrid exchange rate modeling and trading profitability in the foreign exchange market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 557-574, February.
- Simone Cirillo & Stefan Lloyd & Peter Nordin, 2014. "Evolving intraday foreign exchange trading strategies utilizing multiple instruments price series," Papers 1411.2153, arXiv.org.
- Giovanni Ferri & Doris Neuberger, 2014. "The Banking Regulatory Bubble and How to Get out of It," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 2, pages 39-69, April-Jun.
- Kozhan, Roman & Salmon, Mark, 2012.
"The information content of a limit order book: The case of an FX market,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-28.
- : Roman Kozhan & Mark Salmon, 2010. "The information Content of a Limit Order Book:the Case of an FX Market," Working Papers wpn10-05, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Laura Marta Nuã‘Ez, 2002. "An Analysis Of The Robustness Of Genetic Algorithm (ga) Methodology In The Design Of Trading System," Working Papers Economia wp02-24, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Shynkevich, Andrei, 2012. "Performance of technical analysis in growth and small cap segments of the US equity market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 193-208.
- Zhu, Yingzi & Zhou, Guofu, 2009. "Technical analysis: An asset allocation perspective on the use of moving averages," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3), pages 519-544, June.
- Bauer, Rob & Derwall, Jeroen & Molenaar, Roderick, 2004. "The real-time predictability of the size and value premium in Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 503-523, November.
- Christopher J. Neely & David E. Rapach & Jun Tu & Guofu Zhou, 2010. "Out-of-sample equity premium prediction: economic fundamentals vs. moving-average rules," Working Papers 2010-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Chueh-Yung Tsao, 2010. "Portfolio selection based on the mean-VaR efficient frontier," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(8), pages 931-945.
- de Menezes, Lilian M. & Nikolaev, Nikolay Y., 2006. "Forecasting with genetically programmed polynomial neural networks," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 249-265.
- Hui Qu & Xindan Li, 2014. "Building Technical Trading System with Genetic Programming: A New Method to Test the Efficiency of Chinese Stock Markets," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 43(3), pages 301-311, March.
- Shangkun Deng & Kazuki Yoshiyama & Takashi Mitsubuchi & Akito Sakurai, 2015. "Hybrid Method of Multiple Kernel Learning and Genetic Algorithm for Forecasting Short-Term Foreign Exchange Rates," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 45(1), pages 49-89, January.