Alternative reconsideration of output growth differential for West African Monetary Zone
In: Proceedings of the SARB/IFC seminar on "Economic and financial convergence en route to regional economic integration: experience, prospects and statistical issues amidst global financial turmoil", Durban, South Africa, 14 August 2009
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Bank for International Settlements in its series IFC Bulletins chapters with number
32-07.||Handle:|| RePEc:bis:bisifc:32-07||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Centralbahnplatz 2, CH - 4002 Basel|
Phone: (41) 61 - 280 80 80
Fax: (41) 61 - 280 91 00
Web page: http://www.bis.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2002.
"ìNew" Views on the Optimum Currency Area Theory: What is EMU Telling US?,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
140, Royal Economic Society.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2002. ""New" views on the optimum currency area theory: what is EMU telling us?," Working Paper Series 0138, European Central Bank.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991.
"Convergence Across States and Regions,"
629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura, 2001. "Regional convergence in the European Union: From hypothesis to the actual trends," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(3), pages 333-356.
- Romain Houssa, 2004.
"Monetary Union in West Africa and Asymmetric Shocks: A Dynamic Structural Factor Model Approach,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Houssa, Romain, 2008. "Monetary union in West Africa and asymmetric shocks: A dynamic structural factor model approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 319-347, February.
- Dimitris K. Christopoulos & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2004. "Convergence and regional productivity differences: Evidence from Greek prefectures," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(3), pages 387-396, 09.
- repec:oxf:wpaper:wps/2004-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of Monetary Unification," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt791143kp, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- George Tavlas, 1994. "The theory of monetary integration," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 211-230, March.
- David Fielding & Kalvinder Shields, 2003. "Do Currency Unions Deliver More Economic Integration than Fixed Exchange Rates? Evidence from the CFA and the ECCU," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/9, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Laura Piscitelli, 1999.
"EMU in Reality: The Effect of a Common Monetary Policy on Economies with Different Transmission Mechanisms,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 337-358, December.
- Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Piscitelli, Laura, 1999. "EMU in Reality: The Effect of a Common Monetary Policy on Economies with Different Transmission Mechanisms," CEPR Discussion Papers 2068, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guillaumont, Patrick & Guillaumont, Sylviane & Plane, Patrick, 1988. "Participating in African monetary unions: An alternative evaluation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 569-576, May.
- Hans-Friedrich Eckey & Christian Dreger & Matthias Türck, 2006. "European Regional Convergence in a Human Capital Augmented Solow Model," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 631, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisifc:32-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.