Sequential development and exploitation of an exhaustible resource: do monopoly rights promote conservation?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gaudet, G. & Lasserre, P., 1986.
"On Comparing Monopoly and Competition in Exhaustible Resource Exploitation,"
Cahiers de recherche
8601, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Lasserre, Pierre, 1988. "On comparing monopoly and competition in exhaustible resource exploitation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 412-418, December.
- Tisdell, Clem, 1982. "Exploitation of Techniques That Decline in Effectiveness with Use," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 37(3), pages 428-37.
- Lewis, Tracy & Matthews, Steven A. & Burness, H. Stuart., .
"Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources: Notes,"
137, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Lewis, Tracy R & Matthews, Steven A & Burness, H Stuart, 1979. "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources: Note," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 227-30, March.
- Lewis, Tracy R., 1976. "Monopoly exploitation of an exhaustible resource," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 198-204, October.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Secchi, Silvia, 2003. "Pest Mobility, Market Share, and the Efficacy of Refuge Requirements for Resisance Management," Staff General Research Papers 10383, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 655-61, September.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner, 2000.
"Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use,"
dp-00-36, Resources For the Future.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner M., 2001. "Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Lewis, Tracy R., 1984. "Ultimate recovery of an exhaustible resource under different market structures," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1979. "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources: Note," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 231-33, March.
- Jeffrey A. Krautkraemer, 1998. "Nonrenewable Resource Scarcity," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2065-2107, December.
- Weinstein, Milton C & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1975. "The Optimal Consumption of Depletable Natural Resources," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 371-92, August.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1987. "On monopoly power in extractive resource markets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 128-142, June.
- Peterson, Frederick M & Fisher, Anthony C, 1977. "The Exploitation of Extractive Resources: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(348), pages 681-721, December.
- John Hartwick & Murray Kemp & Ngo van Long, 1980.
"Set-up Costs and Theory of Exhaustible Resources,"
412, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Fisher, Anthony C, 1981. "Hotelling's "Economics of Exhaustible Resources": Fifty Years Later," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 65-73, March.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Laxminarayan, Ramanan, 2004.
"Monopoly Extraction of an Exhaustible Resource with Two Markets,"
dp-04-08, Resources For the Future.
- Carolyn Fischer & Ramanan Laxminarayan, 2004. "Monopoly extraction of an exhaustible resource with two markets," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 178-188, February.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Gilbert, Richard J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1982. "Invention and Innovation under Alternative Market Structures: The Case of Natural Resources," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 567-82, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:49:y:2005:i:3:p:500-515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.