Monopoly pricing of an antibiotic subject to bacterial resistance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Markus Herrmann, 2009. "Monopoly Pricing of an Antibiotic Subject to Bacterial Resistance," Cahiers de recherche 0946, CIRPEE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fischer, Carolyn & Laxminarayan, Ramanan, 2005. "Sequential development and exploitation of an exhaustible resource: do monopoly rights promote conservation?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 500-515, May.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711, January.
- Mark Gersovitz & Jeffrey S. Hammer, 2004. "The Economical Control of Infectious Diseases," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(492), pages 1-27, January.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner M., 2001.
"Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Brown, Gardner, 2000. "Economics of Antibiotic Resistance: A Theory of Optimal Use," Discussion Papers dp-00-36, Resources For the Future.
- John B. Horowitz & H. Brian Moehring, 2004. "How property rights and patents affect antibiotic resistance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(6), pages 575-583.
- Herrmann, Markus & Gaudet, Gérard, 2009.
"The economic dynamics of antibiotic efficacy under open access,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 334-350, May.
- GAUDET, Gérard & HERRMANN, Markus, 2007. "The Economic Dynamics of Antibiotic Efficacy under Open Access," Cahiers de recherche 2007-04, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- GAUDET, Gérard & HERRMANN, Markus, 2007. "The Economic Dynamics of Antibiotic Efficacy under Open Access," Cahiers de recherche 04-2007, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Gardner Brown & Ramanan Laxminarayan, 1998. "Economics of Antibiotic Resistance," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0060, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Scott Morton, Fiona M., 2000. "Barriers to entry, brand advertising, and generic entry in the US pharmaceutical industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 1085-1104, October.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Nuscheler, Robert, 2006.
"Monopoly pricing with negative network effects: The case of vaccines,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 1061-1069, May.
- Kessing, Sebastian & Nuscheler, Robert, 2003.
"Monopoly pricing with negative network effects: the case of vaccines
[Monopolpreisbildung mit negativen Netzwerkeffekten am Beispiel von Impfstoffen]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2003-06, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Kessing, Sebastian & Nuscheler, Robert, 2003. "Monopoly pricing with negative network effects: the case of vaccines
- Rudholm, Niklas, 2002. "Economic implications of antibiotic resistance in a global economy," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1071-1083, November.
- Coast, J. & Smith, R. D. & Millar, M. R., 1998. "An economic perspective on policy to reduce antimicrobial resistance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 29-38, January.
- Kingston, William, 2000. "Antibiotics, invention and innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 679-710, June.
- Tisdell, Clem, 1982. "Exploitation of Techniques That Decline in Effectiveness with Use," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 37(3), pages 428-437.
- Stéphane Mechoulan, 2007. "Market structure and communicable diseases," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 468-492, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klaus Kaier & S. Moog, 2012. "Economic Consequences of the Demography of MRSA Patients and the Impact of Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobials," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 227-234, July.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:135-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Gallini, Nancy, 2016. "Rescuing the Golden Age of Antibiotics: Can Economics Help Avert the Looming Crisis?," Economics working papers nancy_gallini-2016-9, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 04 Jul 2016.
- Herrmann, Markus & Nkuiya, Bruno & Dussault, Anne-Renée, 2013.
"Innovation and antibiotic use within antibiotic classes: Market incentives and economic instruments,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 582-598.
- Markus Herrmann & Bruno Nkuiya & Anne-Renée Dussault, 2013. "Innovation and Antibiotic Use within Antibiotic Classes: Market Incentives and Economic Instruments," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2013-3, CREATE.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Gallini, Nancy, 2017.
"Can Competition Extend the Golden Age of Antibiotics?,"
Microeconomics.ca working papers
-2017-9, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 19 Oct 2017.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Gallini, Nancy, 2018. "Can Competition Extend the Golden Age of Antibiotics?," Microeconomics.ca working papers tina_marandola-2018-1, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 29 Jan 2018.
- Filippini, M. & Heimsch, F. & Masiero, G., 2014.
"Antibiotic consumption and the role of dispensing physicians,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 242-251.
- Massimo Filippini & Fabian Heimsch & Giuliano Masiero, 2013. "Antibiotic consumption and the role of dispensing physicians," CEPRA working paper 1302, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- M. Filippini & G. Masiero, 2012.
"An empirical analysis of habit and addiction to antibiotics,"
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 471-486, April.
- Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero, 2011. "An empirical analysis of habit and addiction to antibiotics," Working Papers 1110, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Bialek, Sylwia, 2016. "Introducing Cattle Producer to the Hardin s World- Can Monopolies in Seed Markets Be Welfare Enhancing?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145786, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
KeywordsAntibiotic efficacy Public health Monopoly pricing Turnpike Patent length;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:29:y:2010:i:1:p:137-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .