Optimal taxation of a monopolistic extractor: Are subsidies necessary?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Julien Daubanes, 2008. "Optimal taxation of a monopolistic extractor: are subsidies necessary?," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 08/92, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Lewis, Tracy R & Matthews, Steven A & Burness, H Stuart, 1979.
"Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources: Note,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 227-230, March.
- Lewis, Tracy & Matthews, Steven A. & Burness, H. Stuart., "undated". "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources: Notes," Working Papers 137, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Gaudet, Gérard & Lasserre, Pierre, 1990. "Dynamiques comparées des effets de la taxation minière," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 66(4), pages 467-497, décembre.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & Van Long, Ngo, 2002. "On the multiplicity of efficiency-inducing tax rules," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 331-336, August.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 655-661, September.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Lasserre, Pierre, 1988.
"On comparing monopoly and competition in exhaustible resource exploitation,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 412-418, December.
- Gaudet, G. & Lasserre, P., 1986. "On Comparing Monopoly and Competition in Exhaustible Resource Exploitation," Cahiers de recherche 8601, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 2008.
"A Class Of Performance-Based Subsidy Rules,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 381-400.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 2004. "Designing a Performance Indicator to Economize on Monopoly Subsidy," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-08, CIRANO.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 2007. "A Class Of Performance-Based Subsidy Rules," Departmental Working Papers 2007-05, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C, 1982. "On Capturing Oil Rents with a National Excise Tax," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 194-201, March.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C. & Cross, John G. & Porter, Richard C., 1981. "Efficiency-inducing taxation for a monopolistically supplied depletable resource," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 23-32, February.
- Karp, Larry & Livernois, John, 1992. "On efficiency-inducing taxation for a non-renewable resource monopolist," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 219-239, November.
- Im, Jeong-Bin, 2002. "Optimal taxation of exhaustible resource under monopoly," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 183-197, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herrmann, Markus & Nkuiya, Bruno & Dussault, Anne-Renée, 2013.
"Innovation and antibiotic use within antibiotic classes: Market incentives and economic instruments,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 582-598.
- Markus Herrmann & Bruno Nkuiya & Anne-Renée Dussault, 2013. "Innovation and Antibiotic Use within Antibiotic Classes: Market Incentives and Economic Instruments," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2013-3, CREATE.
- Leonard Leung & Glenn Jenkins, 2013. "An Economic Evaluation of Peru's LNG Export Policy," Development Discussion Papers 2013-03, JDI Executive Programs.
More about this item
KeywordsExhaustible resources Optimal taxation Imperfect competition;
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:33:y:2011:i:3:p:399-403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.