1998, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 45-55 Guidelines on euthanasia and pain alleviation: compliance and opinions of physicians
by Haverkate, Ilinka & van der Wal, Gerrit & van der Maas, Paul J. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & Kostense, Piet J.
- 57-72 Sociocultural variations in help-seeking behavior for everyday symptoms and chronic disorders
by Alberts, Jantina F. & Sanderman, Robbert & Gerstenbluth, Izzy & van den Heuvel, Wim J. A.
- 73-85 The German experience in reference pricing
by Giuliani, Giovanni & Selke, Gisbert & Garattini, Livio
1998, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 203-218 Health insurance as a catalyst to change in former communist countries?
by Ensor, Tim & Thompson, Robin
- 219-232 Controlling antimicrobial resistance: a proposed transferable permit market
by Smith, Richard D. & Coast, Joanna
- 233-241 International collaboration in health technology assessment: a study of technologies used in management of osteoporosis
by Hailey, David & Marshall, Deborah & Sampietro-Colom, Laura & Rico, Rosa & Granados, Alicia & Asua, Jose & Jonsson, Egon
- 243-251 SOUNDING BOARD: Burden of illness estimates for priority setting: a debate revisited
by Wiseman, Virginia & Mooney, Gavin
- 253-270 Emigration of New Zealand and Australian physicians to the United States and the international flow of medical personnel
by Miller, Edward Alan & Laugesen, Miriam & Lee, Shoou-Yih Daniel & Mick, Stephen S.
1998, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 103-123 The impact of the UK NHS purchaser-provider split on the `rational' introduction of new medical technologies
by Rosen, Rebecca & Mays, Nicholas
- 125-139 The role of priority programmes in the provision of health services in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico
by Nigenda, Gustavo & Orozco, Emanuel & Guzman, Mauricio & Mora, Gerardo & Lockett, Lejeune & Pacheco, Carlos
- 141-151 The role of geriatric intermediate care facilities in long-term care for the elderly in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Tamiya, Nanako
- 153-169 Public/private financing in the Greek health care system: implications for equity
by Liaropoulos, Lycurgus & Tragakes, Ellie
- 171-194 The German health care system and health care reform
by Kamke, Kerstin
1998, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-13 The policy implications of better structure and process on birth outcomes in Jamaica
by Peabody, John W. & Gertler, Paul J. & Leibowitz, Arleen
- 15-31 Income-based incentives in UK general practice
by Whynes, David K. & Baines, Darrin L.
- 33-44 Value measurement in cost-utility analysis: explaining the discrepancy between rating scale and person trade-off elicitations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George & Scanlon, Dennis & Kamlet, Mark
- 45-54 Disease-staging for modelling current and future health-care impact of disease: illustrations for Diabetes Mellitus and AIDS
by Postma, Maarten J. & Jager, Johannes C. & Ruwaard, Dirk & van Loy, Nicole C. M. & Leidl, Reiner M.
- 55-64 Posteroventral pallidotomy for Parkinson's Disease: assessment and policy on a technology in transition
by Hailey, David & Harstall, Christa
- 65-81 The impact of European harmonisation on Norwegian drug policy
by Norris, Pauline
- 83-96 Down syndrome serum marker screening: decision criteria and implicit values
by Seror, Valerie & Costet, Nathalie
1997, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 187-209 Comparative research and analysis methods for shared learning from health system reforms
by Gonzalez Block, Miguel Angel
- 211-222 Utilisation of medical technology assessment in health policy
by van den Heuvel, Wim J. A. & Wieringh, Roelof & van den Heuvel, Lisette P. M.
- 223-237 Willingness to pay for health insurance in a developing economy. A pilot study of the informal sector of Ghana using contingent valuation
by Asenso-Okyere, W. Kwadwo & Osei-Akoto, Isaac & Anum, Adote & Appiah, Ernest N.
- 239-253 Healthcare access and mobility between the UK and other European Union states: an `implementation surplus'
by Sheaff, Rod
- 255-267 Quality systems in Dutch health care institutions
by Casparie, Anton F. & M. Sluijs, Emmy & Wagner, Cordula & de Bakker, Dinny H.
1997, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 89-100 Under-the-counter payments for health care: Evidence from Bulgaria
by Delcheva, Evgenia & Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 101-115 Predictors of health care utilization in the chronically ill: a review of the literature
by de Boer, Angela G. E. M. & Wijker, Wouter & de Haes, Hanneke C. J. M.
- 117-133 The distribution of cataract surgery services in a public health eye care program in Nepal
by Marseille, Elliot & Brand, Richard
- 135-143 Measuring the clinical consistency of panelists' appropriateness ratings: the case of coronary artery bypass surgery
by Kravitz, Richard L. & Park, Rolla Edward & Kahan, James P.
- 145-155 The importance of lifestyle to self-assessed health
by Ericsson, Asa
- 157-170 Association between attitudes toward health promotion and opinions regarding organ transplants in Japan
by Hagihara, Akihito & Murakami, Masayoshi & Miller, Alan S. & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 171-184 Casting the screening net: separating big fish from little fish
by Markham, Barbara A. & Hutchison, Brian & Birch, Stephen & Goldsmith, Laurie J. & Evans, C. Edward
1997, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-14 Transaction costs economics as a conceptual framework for the analysis of barriers to the diffusion of telemedicine
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Fargeon, Valerie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis & Fardeau, Michele
- 15-27 Waiting for coronary revascularization: A comparison between New York State, the Netherlands and Sweden
by Bernstein, Steven J. & Rigter, Henk & Brorsson, Bengt & Hilborne, Lee H. & Leape, Lucian L. & Meijler, Annejet P. & Scholma, Jan K. & Nord, Ann-Sofie
- 29-37 General practice fundholders' prescribing savings in one region of the United Kingdom, 1991-1994
by Wilson, Robert P. H. & Hatcher, Juanita & Barton, Stuart & Walley, Tom
- 39-48 Costs and financial consequences of the changing epidemiologogical profile in Mexico
by Arredondo, Armando
- 49-66 Priority setting in health care: learning from international experience
by Ham, Chris
- 67-81 Effect of panel composition on physician ratings of appropriateness of abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery: elucidating differences between multispecialty panel results and specialty society recommendations
by Herrin, Jeph & Etchason, Jeff A. & Kahan, James P. & Brook, Robert H. & Ballard, David J.
1997, Volume 41, Issue Supplement 1
- S1-S7 Comparative experience in home care and pharmaceutical policy
by Kane, Nancy M. & Saltman, Richard B.
- S9-S26 The context for health reform in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, and the United States
by Saltman, Richard B.
- S27-S43 The management of the cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom
by Burstall, Michael L.
- S45-S53 Management of cost and utilization of pharmaceuticals in Germany
by von der Schulenburg, J. -Matthias Graf
- S55-S69 Cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in Sweden
by Ljungkvist, Mats-Olof & Andersson, David & Gunnarsson, Bo
- S71-S89 Pharmaceutical cost containment and innovation in the United States
by Kane, Nancy M.
- S91-S108 Decentralisation from acute to home care settings in England
by Wistow, Gerald
- S109-S129 A study on decentralizing from acute care to home care settings in Germany
by Wasem, Jurgen
- S131-S143 Decentralisation from acute to home care settings in Sweden
by Johansson, Lennarth
- S145-S162 Managed care for the elderly in the United States: outcomes to-date and potential for future growth
by Doyle, Anne & Masland, Jean
- S163-S174 Assessing cost and utilization in managed mental health care in the United States
by Dickey, Barbara
1997, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 181-187 A note on prevention versus cure
by Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov
- 189-199 Is it cost effective to introduce screening programmes for colorectal cancer? Illustrating the principles of optimal resource allocation
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 201-205 Cost-utility analysis and varying preferences for health
by Johannesson, Magnus & O'Conor, Richard M.
- 207-227 International assistance and health care reform in Poland: barriers to project development and implementation
by Sabbat, Jolanta
- 229-239 The cost-effectiveness of permethrin impregnated bednets in preventing child mortality in Kassena--Nankana district of Northern Ghana
by Binka, Fred N. & Mensah, Omer A. & Mills, Anne
- 241-260 Health policy versus industrial policy in the pharmaceutical sector: the case of Canada
by Vandergrift, Michael & Kanavos, Panos
- 261-262 Psychosocial cancer care : Patient Education and Counselling, Special Issue (vol. 28, no. 2), Elsevier Science, Shannon, 232 pp., 1996, ISSN 0738-3991
by Tanghe, Ann
1997, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 87-104 New Zealand policy strategies concerning the funding of general practitioner care
by Brown, Malcolm C. & Crampton, Peter
- 105-119 The cost-effectiveness of a cardiovascular risk reduction program in general practice
by Salkeld, Glenn & Phongsavan, Philayrath & Oldenburg, Brian & Johannesson, Magnus & Convery, Paula & Graham-Clarke, Peita & Walker, Sheila & Shaw, John
- 121-137 Reform of primary health care: the case of Spain
by Larizgoitia, Itziar & Starfield, Barbara
- 139-156 Physician participation in a Medicaid managed care program, the Kansas Primary Care Network
by Ubokudom, Sunday E.
- 157-176 Hospital care for persons with AIDS in the European Union
by Postma, Maarten J. & Tolley, Keith & Leidl, Reiner M. & Downs, Angela M. & Beck, Eduard J. & Tramarin, Andrea M. & Flori, Yves A. & Santin, Miguel & Antonanzas, Fernando & Kornarou, Helen & Paparizos, Vasili C. C. & Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Borleffs, Jan & Luijben, August J. P. & Jager, Johannes C. AU -
- 177-179 Advances in the economics of aging : D. Wise (Ed.), National Bureau of Economic Research, 354 pp., The University of Chicago University Press, Chicago, 1996, ISBN 0-266-90302-8, US $65.00
by Fokkema, C. M.
1997, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-36 Structured pluralism: towards an innovative model for health system reform in Latin America
by Londono, Juan-Luis & Frenk, Julio
- 37-60 Principal-agent problems in health care systems: an international perspective
by Smith, Peter C. & Stepan, Adolf & Valdmanis, Vivian & Verheyen, Piet
- 61-72 Economic evaluations of drug therapy: attitudes of primary care prescribing advisers in Great Britain
by Walley, Tom & Barton, Stuart & Cooke, Jonathan & Drummond, Michael
- 73-81 Biotechnology: a special case for health technology assessment?
by Mason, James & Drummond, Michael
1997, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 177-198 Health technology assessment: Decentralized and fragmented in the US compared to other countries
by Perry, Seymour & Thamer, Mae
- 199-215 The role of economic evaluation in the pricing and reimbursement of medicines
by Drummond, Michael & Jonsson, Bengt & Rutten, Frans
- 217-229 Less fog on the Tyne? Programme budgeting in Newcastle and North Tyneside
by Miller, Paul & Parkin, David & Craig, Neil & Lewis, David & Gerard, Karen
- 231-236 HIV prevention in Hungary
by Danziger, Renee
- 237-255 Household income and health care expenditures in Mexico
by Parker, Susan W. & Wong, Rebeca
- 257-258 The prevention of mental illness in primary care : Cambridge University Press, T. Kendrick, A. Tylee, P. Freeling, 398 pp. ISBN 0-521-57648-2
by Sveinbjarnardottir, Mrs. Eydis
- 258-260 Bull's eye or Achilles' heel : WHO's European Health for All Targets Evaluated in the Netherlands. H. van de Water, L. van Herten, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, 229 pp, 1996. ISBN 90-6743-432-9
by Leus, Xavier R.
- 260-261 Assessment of health care technologies : Case Studies, Key Concepts and Strategic Issues, A. Szczepura and J. Kankaanpaa (Eds.). John Wiley and Sons, West Sussex, 247 pp., 1996, [pound sign]24.95. ISBN 0-471-96571-5
by Kesteloot, Katrien
1997, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 91-102 Analysing changes in the nature of health service management in England
by Packwood, Tim
- 103-114 The effect of fundholding on prescribing and referral costs: a review of the evidence
by Gosden, Toby & Torgerson, David J.
- 115-138 Regulating biotechnology: a rational-political model of policy development
by Wiktorowicz, Mary & Deber, Raisa
- 139-155 Health policy as a fuzzy concept: Methodological problems encountered when evaluating health policy reforms in an international perspective
by Kroneman, Madelon W. & van der Zee, Jouke
- 157-168 Choice and participation in the health services: a survey of preferences among swedish residents
by Anell, Anders & Rosen, Per & Hjortsberg, Catharina
- 169-170a Doctor's health and need for services : A Study by the Department of Public Health Medicine UMDS St. Thomas's Campus. C. McKevitt, M. Morgan, J. Simpson, W. Holland, 61 pp., The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1996, ISBN 0900574-94-1
by Dunning, A. J.
- 170-170 Slee's health care terms. Third comprehensive edition : Edited by V. Slee, D. Slee and H. Schimdt. Tringa Press, Saint Paul, Minnesota, ISBN 0-9615255-8-4, pp. 655, $49.95
by Defever, Mia
- 171-172 Market mechanisms and the health sector in Central and Eastern Europe : A. Preker, R. Feachem. A World Bank Technical Paper No. 293, 48 pp., The World Bank, Washington DC, 1996, ISSN 0253-7494
by Lancry, Mr. Pierre-Jean
- 169-170b Taking care of doctors' health, reducing avoidable stress and improving health services for doctors who fall III : 35 pp., The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1996, ISBN 0-900574-95-X
by Dunning, A. J.
1997, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-12 Patients' willingness to pay for autologous blood donation
by Lee, Stephanie J. & Neumann, Peter J. & Churchill, W. Hallowell & Cannon, Marie E. & Weinstein, Milton C. & Johannesson, Magnus
- 13-28 Future health scenarios as a tool in the surveillance of unintentional injuries
by van Beeck, Eduard F. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 29-41 Evaluation of provision and availability of health care services in Iran: a human rights approach
by Nia, Ahmad Besarati & Bansal, Raj Kumar
- 43-67 Does budget-holding have a long-term effect on expenditure, staff and patients?
by Gross, Revital & Nirel, Nurit
- 69-80 After compulsory licensing: coming issues in Canadian pharmaceutical policy and politics
by Lexchin, Joel
- 83-84 Social dimensions of adjustment. World bank experience, 1980-1993 : C.A.B. Jayarajah, W.H. Branson, B. Sen. A World Bank Operations Evaluation Study. 218 pp., The World Bank, Washington DC, 1996, US$ 13.95 ISBN 0-8213-3610-X
by Wendte, J. F.
1997, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 181-194 Cost effectiveness scenario analysis for a proposed trial of hormone replacement therapy
by Townsend, Joy & Buxton, Martin
- 195-206 Implementing quality programmes in three Swedish county councils: the views of politicians, managers and doctors
by Garpenby, Peter
- 207-223 Hospital adaptation to risk-bearing: managerial implications of changes in purchaser-provider contracting
by Kirkman-Liff, Bradford L. & Huijsman, Robbert & van der Grinten, Tom & Brink, Greg
- 225-239 Taiwan's 1995 health care reform
by Chiang, Tung-liang
- 241-253 Cost-utility analysis from a societal perspective
by Johannesson, Magnus & O'Conor, Richard M.
- 255-256 The Convergence of Health, Nutrition, and Early Education : N. Colletta, J. Balachander, X. Liang. World Bank Technical Paper no 326, The World Bank, Washington DC, 43 pp. 1996 ISBN 0-8213-3677-0
by Eeckels, R.
- 256-257 Basic analytical toxicology : R. Flanagan, R. Braithwaite, S. Brown, B. Widdop, F. de Wolff. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1995, Sw.fr. 60.-. ISBN 92-4-154458-9
by Debackere, M.
- 257-260 An international assessment of health care financing. Lessons for developing countries : D. Dunlop, J. Martins (Eds.). Economic Development Institute of the World Bank. EDI Seminar Series. The World Bank, Washington DC, 198 pp., 1995. ISBN 0-8213-3253-8
by Sissouras, Aris
1997, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 93-106 Patient classification and cost analysis of aids and HIV: the case of Belgium
by De Graeve, Diana & Lescrauwaet, Benedicte & Nonneman, Walter
- 107-122 The regional distribution of doctors in Mexico, 1930-1990: a policy assessment
by Nigenda, Gustavo
- 123-135 Risk-adjusted capitation payments for catastrophic risks based on multi-year prior costs
by van Barneveld, Erik M. & van Vliet, ReneC. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 137-152 China's health care sector in transition: resources, demand and reforms
by Wu, Yanrui
- 153-166 Cost-variance analysis by DRGs; a technique for clinical budget analysis
by Voss, Gemma B. W. & Limpens, Pascal G. P. & Brans-Brabant, Lou J. H. & van Ooij, Andre
- 167-176 Costs of dying: alternatives to rationing
by Felder, Stefan
- 177-176 The management of acute respiratory infections in children. Practical guidelines for outpatient care : 77 pp., World Health Organisation, Geneva, 1995, ISBN 92-4-154477-5, Sw.fr. 15,-
by Van Lierde, Stefaan
1997, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-4 Outcomes--an introduction
by Mooney, Gavin & Leeder, Stephen & Blyth, Fiona
- 5-15 Health outcomes are about choices and values: an economic perspective on the health outcomes movement
by Shiell, Alan
- 17-27 Health outcomes and infectious disease control
by Plant, Aileen J. & Rushworth, R. Louise
- 29-42 Multiplying Health Gains: the critical role of capacity-building within health promotion programs
by Hawe, Penelope & Noort, Michelle & King, Lesley & Jordens, Christopher
- 43-53 Caring: the neglected health outcome? or input?
by Wiseman, Virginia
- 55-68 When outcomes threaten incomes: a case study of the obstruction of research to reduce teenage smoking
by Chapman, Simon
- 69-78 Outcomes-based resource allocation for indigenous health services: a model for Northern Australia?
by McDermott, Robyn & Beaver, Carol & Zhao, Yuejen
- 79-87 Vertical equity: weighting outcomes? or establishing procedures?
by Mooney, Gavin & Jan, Stephen
1996, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 135-153 ProMED global monitoring of emerging diseases: design for a demonstration program
by Morse, Stephen S. & Rosenberg, Barbara Hatch & Woodall, Jack AU -
- 155-171 Is community financing necessary and feasible for rural China?
by Liu, Yuanli & Hu, Shanlian & Fu, Wei & Hsiao, William C.
- 173-187 Aid coordination for health sector reform: a conceptual framework for analysis and assessment
by Buse, Kent & Walt, Gill
- 189-203 Modelling valuations for health states: the effect of duration
by Dolan, Paul
- 205-207 Australia's Welfare & Services Assistance : Australian Institute of Health & Welfare, Canberra, 414 pp., 1995, A$ 35.00 ISBN 0-644-35939-0
by Liveris, Mark
1996, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 71-81 Are decisions taken by health care professionals rational? A non systematic review of experimental and quasi experimental literature
by Freemantle, Nick
- 83-100 Group living for elderly patients with dementia -- A cost analysis
by Svensson, Marianne & Edebalk, Per Gunnar & Persson, Ulf
- 101-115 The cost-effectiveness of mammography screening: evidence from a microsimulation model for New Zealand
by Szeto, Kam Leong & Devlin, Nancy J.
- 117-128 The costs of nursing turnover: evidence from the British National Health Service
by Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L. & Normand, Charles
- 129-131 Mortality trends and health policy in the Scandinavian countries. Surveillance of mortality in the Scandinavian countries 1947-1993 : A. Haro 342 pp., The Social Insurance Institution, Finland, Helsinki, 1995, ISBN 951-669-392-X
by Salmela, Reijo
- 131-132 Sociologie de la Maladie et de la Medecine : Philippe Adam & Claudine Herzlich Editions Nathan, Paris, 1994, ISBN 2-09-190646-8
by Defever, Mia
- 132-133 Social indicators of development : 397 pp., The World Bank, Washington DC, 1996 ISBN 0-8018-5274-9
by Kesteloot, Hugo
1996, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-11 The use of the waiting list in a fair selection of patients for nursing home care
by Meiland, Franka J. M. & Danse, Jos A. C. & Hoos, Aloysia M. & Wendte, Johannes F. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 13-29 Reforming China's 50 000 township hospitals--effectiveness, challenges and opportunities
by Liu, Xingzhu & Xu, Lingzhong & Wang, Shuhong
- 31-43 Health care and income distribution in Finland
by Klavus, Jan & Hakkinen, Unto
- 45-65 Economic analysis at the global level: a resource requirement model for HIV prevention in developing countries
by Broomberg, Jonathan & Soderlund, Neil & Mills, Anne
- 67-68 Public spending and the poor. theory and evidence : D. van de Walle & K. Nead (Eds.) Published for the World Bank, The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 619 pp., 1995 ISBN 0-8018-5255-2
by Jain, Sagar C.
- 68-69 The Proceedings of a Symposium held on the 22nd June 1994, London : A. Towse (Ed.) Office of Health Economics, London, 105 pp., 1995
by Pinto, F. J.
1996, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 139-152 Panellist consistency in the assessment of medical appropriateness
by McDonnell, Joseph & Meijler, Annejet & Kahan, James P. & Bernstein, Steven J. & Rigter, Henk
- 153-161 The economics of ageing: on the attitude of Swedish people to the distribution of health care resources between the young and the old
by Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov
- 163-183 Making cost assessments based on RCTs more useful to decision-makers
by Baltussen, Rob & Ament, Andre & Leidl, Reiner
- 185-198 Clinical practice, ethics and economics: the physician at the crossroads
by Lazaro, Pablo & Azcona, Barbara
- 199-201 Incorporating quality of life changes into economic evaluations of health care
by McKenna, Stephen
- 201-204 The authors reply
by Blumenschein, K. & Johannesson, M.
- 205-206 Quality management in health care : L. Wilson and P. Goldschmidt 732pp., McGraw Hill, Sydney, 1995, US$ 99.95. ISBN 0-07-470247-5
by Vleugels, A.
- 206-207 A world growing old. The coming health care challenges : D. Callahan, R.H.J. ter Meulen, E. Topinkova (Eds.) 175 pp., Georgetown University Press, Washington, 1995, USD$ 42.50. IBSN 0-87840-591-7
by de Casterle, B. Dierckx
1996, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 75-90 Informed choice? Health service quality and outcome information for patients
by Ovretveit, John
- 91-104 Diffusion of six surgical endoscopic procedures in the Netherlands. Stimulating and restraining factors
by Dirksen, Carmen D. & Ament, AndreJ. H. & Go, Peter M. N.
- 105-115 Is Regret Theory an alternative basis for estimating the value of healthcare interventions?
by Smith, Richard David
- 117-135 Preventing sudden infant deaths -- the slow diffusion of an idea
by McKee, Martin & Fulop, Naomi & Bouvier, Paul & Hort, Angela & Brand, Helmut & Rasmussen, Finn & Kohler, Lennart & Varasovszky, Zsuzsa & Rosdahl, Nils
1996, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-18 Socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in a Dutch population: the contribution of health status
by van der Meer, Joost B. W. & van den Bos, Johannes & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 19-33 The monopolistic integrated model and health care reform: the Swedish experience
by Anell, Anders
- 35-52 Severity of a case for outcome assessment in health care -- definitions and classifications of instruments
by Almeida, Rosimary T. & Carlsson, Per
- 53-72 EuroQol: the current state of play
by Brooks, Richard AU -
- 73-74 Diseases of the Prostate : N. Marchant Office of Health Economics, London, 76 pp., STG[pound sign]7.50, 1995 ISBN 0473-8837
by Baert, L.
1996, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 215-229 Economic evaluation and health care decision-making
by Rutten, Frans
- 231-244 The willingness to pay for health changes, the human-capital approach and the external costs
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 245-259 Private medicine and socioeconomic differences in the rates of common surgical procedures in Finland
by Keskimaki, Ilmo & Salinto, Marjo & Aro, Seppo
- 261-272 From universalism to selectivity: is `appropriateness' the answer?
by Lazaro, Pablo & Fitch, Kathryn
- 273-289 Labour turnover in the British National Health Service: a local labour market analysis
by Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L.
1996, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 103-115 Evaluating the benefits of antenatal screening: an alternative approach
by Shackley, Phil & Cairns, John
- 117-129 Policy relevance of the health expectancy indicator; an inventory in European Union countries
by van de Water, Harry P. A. & Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C.
- 131-153 Informed consent in clinical trials
by Verheggen, Frank W. S. M. & van Wijmen, Frans C. B.
- 155-166 Incorporating quality of life changes into economic evaluations of health care: an overview
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus
- 167-183 Community health promotion: concepts and lessons from contemporary sociology
by Nilsen, Oystein
- 185-197 The assessment of diagnostic imaging technologies: a policy perspective
by Hailey, David & McDonald, Ian
- 199-207 The 1990 GP contract -- meeting needs?
by Silcock, Jonathan & Ratcliffe, Julie
1996, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-15 Are waiting lists inevitable?
by Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen
- 17-35 Maximum waiting-time guarantee -- an attempt to reduce waiting lists in Sweden
by Hanning, Marianne
- 37-51 Home care policy in the Netherlands. Reforming legislation to facilitate the provision of multi-disciplinary home care
by van Raak, Arno & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid
- 53-68 A critical review of the remuneration systems for pharmacists
by Huttin, Christine
- 69-81 Appropriateness versus efficiency: the economics of utilisation review
by Coast, Joanna
- 83-98 Predictors of professional and non-professional community care for care-dependent adults
by van Achterberg, Theo & Stevens, Fred C. J. & Crebolder, Harry F. J. M. & Philipsen, Hans
1996, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 205-216 An epidemiological approach towards measuring the trade-off between equity and efficiency in health policy
by Lindholm, Lars & Rosen, Mans & Emmelin, Maria
- 217-228 Health policy on bone density measurement technology in Sweden and Australia
by Marshall, Deborah & Hailey, David & Jonsson, Egon
- 229-245 Financing the World Health Organisation: global importance of extrabudgetary funds
by Vaughan, J. Patrick & Mogedal, Sigrun & Kruse, Stein-Erik & Lee, Kelley & Walt, Gill & de Wilde, Koen
- 247-265 The ambiguous relationship between practice variation and appropriateness of care: an agenda for further research
by Casparie, Anton F.
- 267-277 An assessment of intraoperative radiotherapy
by Patterson, Cath & Hailey, David
- 279-292 Managed markets in health care: the UK experiment
by Ham, Chris
- 293-294 Wrong medicine, doctors, patients, and futile treatment : L. Schneiderman, N. Jecker John Hopkins University Press, 1995, 200 pp., US$25.95. ISBN 0-8018-5036-3
by Borghgraef, R.
- 294-296 Valming health for policy. An economic approach : G. Tolley, D. Kenkel, R. Fabian The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 422 pp., 1994, US$74.75. ISBN 0-226-80713-4
by McKenna, S.
1996, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 107-121 Translating clinical practice into health policy: an example from China
by Peabody, John W. & Hesketh, Therese M. & Steinberg, Paul S.
- 123-143 Costs, effects and cost-effectiveness analysis of a mobile maternal health care service in West Kiang, The Gambia
by Fox-Rushby, Julia A. & Foord, Frances
- 145-154 The cost of cataract surgery in a public health eye care program in Nepal
by Marseille, Elliot & Gilbert, Suzanne
- 155-177 Public autonomous hospitals in sub-Saharan Africa: trends and issues
by McPake, Barbara Isobel
- 179-187 Predicting effects of minimal invasive therapy
by Bloom, Bernard S. & Fendrick, A. Mark & McLane, Clyde
- 189-204 Physician volume response to price controls
by Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen
1996, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-11 Transfer of DNA tests from research to routine laboratories: some lessons from the French experience in the case of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
by Hirtzlin, Isabelle
- 13-32 Lifetime hospitalization profiles for symptomatic, HIV-infected persons
by Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Luijben, August H. P. & Postma, Maarten J. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Schrijvers, August J. P. & Jager, Johannes C.
- 33-52 Regulating healthcare technologies and medical supplies in the European Economic Erea
by Altenstetter, Christa
- 53-59 Complex decisions about an uncomplicated therapy: reimbursement for long-term oxygen therapy in Catalonia (Spain)
by Borras, Josep M. & Granados, Alicia & Escarrabill, Joan & de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 61-73 Costs of mental illness in Britain
by Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken
- 75-93 Beyond the public-private debate: the mixed economy of health
by Ovretveit, John
- 95-96 Communication for health and behavior change. A developing country perspective : J. Graeff, J. Elder, E. Mills Booth A Publication of the HEALTHCOM Project, Academy for Educational Development, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, 204 pp., US$23.95, 1993, ISBN 1-55542-585-2
by Schwarz, Alberto
- 97-96 Beyond the crisis. Preserving the capacity for excellence in health care and medical science : H. Greenberg, S. Raymond (Eds.) The New York Academy of Sciences, New York, 198 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-89766-901-0
by Dunning, D.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 153-166 Evaluation of diffuse technologies: the case of digital imaging networks
by Keen, Justin & Bryan, Stirling & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 167-192 Dissemination of effectiveness and outcomes research
by Kanouse, David E. & Kallich, Joel D. & Kahan, James P.
- 193-204 Accreditation: what can we learn from the Anglophone model?
by Scrivens, Ellie E. J. & Klein, Rudolf & Steiner, Andrea
- 205-220 Incentives and financing methods
by Monrad Aas, I. H.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 79-94 Who cares about cost? Does economic analysis impose or reflect social values?
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 95-112 More effective and less expensive: lessons from five studies examining community approaches to care
by Browne, Gina & Roberts, Jacqueline & Gafni, Amiram & Weir, Robin & Watt, Susan & Byrne, Carolyn
- 113-134 Hospital payment arrangements to encourage efficiency: the case of Victoria, Australia
by Duckett, Stephen J.
- 135-143 Value for money? A contingent valuation study of the optimal size of the Swedish health care budget
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Tambour, Magnus & Zethraeus, Niklas
- 145-151 The efficacy and equity of retransplantation: an experimental survey of public attitudes
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
1995, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-7 Health care reforms: the unfinished agenda
by Defever, Mia
- 9-19 Measuring human betterment through avoidable mortality: a case for universal health care in the USA
by Hisnanick, John J. & Coddington, Dale A.
- 21-33 Evaluation and diffusion of excimer laser treatment of myopia in the United States and in the Netherlands
by Vondeling, Hindrik & Rosendal, Henk & Banta, David
- 35-51 A cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer screening: health policy implications
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Holund, Berit & Andersen, Per