June 2003, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 297-309 Mothers' education and childhood mortality in Ghana
by Buor, Daniel
- 311-324 Selecting methods for the prediction of future events in cost-effectiveness models: a decision-framework and example from the cardiovascular field
by Grieve, Richard & Hutton, John & Green, Colin
- 325-333 Impact of long-term care insurance on institutional dementia care in Japan
by Ito, Hiroto & Miyamoto, Yuki
- 335-348 Setting priorities and allocating resources in health regions: lessons from a project evaluating program budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)
by Mitton, Craig R. & Donaldson, Cam
- 349-375 The shortage of registered nurses and some new estimates of the effects of wages on registered nurses labor supply: a look at the past and a preview of the 21st century
by Chiha, Yvana A. & Link, Charles R.
- 377-389 Characteristics of a medical care program for specific diseases in Japan in an era of changing cost-sharing
by Nakatani, Hiroki & Kondo, Takefumi
- 391-398 Quality systems in health care: a sociotechnical approach
by Harteloh, P. P. M.
- 399-413 Providing health care for older persons in Singapore
by Teo, Peggy & Chan, Angelique & Straughan, Paulin
- 415-423 Paying doctors by salary: a controlled study of general practitioner behaviour in England
by Gosden, Toby & Sibbald, Bonnie & Williams, Jackie & Petchey, Roland & Leese, Brenda
May 2003, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 131-141 The costs of New Zealand pathology
by France, Necia C. & Francis, Graham A. J. & Lawrence, Stewart R.
- 143-152 Co-financing as a means to improve collaboration between primary health care, social insurance and social service in Sweden. A qualitative study of collaboration experiences among rehabilitation partners
by Hultberg, Eva-Lisa & Lonnroth, Knut & Allebeck, Peter
- 153-162 Gender's effect on willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Snow, Rachel & Mugisha, Frederick & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 163-172 Impact of a cost sharing drug insurance plan on drug utilization among individuals receiving social assistance
by Blais, Lucie & Couture, Julie & Rahme, Elham & LeLorier, Jacques
- 173-191 Implementation of provincial/territorial health goals in Canada
by Williamson, Deanna L. & Milligan, C. Dawne & Kwan, Brenda & Frankish, C. James & Ratner, Pamela A.
- 193-205 A critical examination of the hospital restructuring process in Ontario, Canada
by Bryant, Toba
- 207-219 Economics and the evaluation of health care programmes: generalisability of methods and implications for generalisability of results
by Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram
- 221-228 Prevalence of hepatitis C in a drug using and non-using welfare population
by Montoya, Isaac D. & Atkinson, John S. & Lichtiger, Benjamin & Whitsett, Donna D.
- 229-241 Client demands and the allocation of home care in the Netherlands. A multinomial logit model of client types, care needs and referrals
by van Campen, Cretien & Woittiez, Isolde B.
- 243-259 Human resources for health in Palestine: a policy analysis: Part I: Current situation and recent developments
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
- 261-273 Human resources for health in Palestine: a policy analysis. Part II. The process of policy formulation and implementation
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
April 2003, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-12 Financial incentives, competition and a two tier service: lessons from the UK National Health Service internal market
by Milne, Robin G. & Torsney, Ben
- 13-37 AIDS and public policy: the lessons and challenges of `success' in Thailand
by Ainsworth, Martha & Beyrer, Chris & Soucat, Agnes
- 39-54 Normative models of health technology assessment and the social production of evidence about telehealth care
by Williams, Tracy & May, Carl & Mair, Frances & Mort, Maggie & Gask, Linda
- 55-62 Patient satisfaction with care is associated with personal choice of physician
by Kalda, R. & Polluste, K. & Lember, M.
- 63-73 E-business in health care: does it contribute to strengthen consumer interest?
by Kertzman, Ed & Janssen, Richard & Ruster, Marijn
- 75-88 Stimulating pharmaceutical research and development for neglected diseases
by Mrazek, Monique F. & Mossialos, Elias
- 89-97 Cost-effectiveness of glycemic control and ophthalmological care in diabetic retinopathy
by Polak, B. C. P. & Crijns, H. & Casparie, A. F. & Niessen, L. W.
- 99-112 National Health Insurance and the antenatal care use: a case in Taiwan
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Li-Mei
- 113-127 Health sector reforms in Kenya: an examination of district level planning
by Oyaya, Charles O. & Rifkin, Susan B.
March 2003, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 229-237 Clinical and lay preferences for the explicit prioritisation of elective waiting lists: survey evidence from Wales
by Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor & Boland, Angela & Wilkinson, Clare & Cohen, David & Williams, John
- 239-257 The effect of funding policy on day of week admissions and discharges in hospitals: the cases of Austria and Canada
by Leonard, Kevin J. & Rauner, Marion S. & Schaffhauser-Linzatti, Michaela-Maria & Yap, Richard
- 259-268 The influence of change of legislation concerning sickness absence on physicians' performance as certifiers: A population-based study
by Arrelov, Britt & Borgquist, Lars & Ljungberg, Dan & Svardsudd, Kurt
- 269-278 A perspective on the analysis of credible commitment and myopia in health sector decision making
by Jan, Stephen
- 279-287 Israelis evaluate their health care system before and after the introduction of the national health insurance law
by Shmueli, Amir
- 289-298 Should I stay or should I go? Waiting lists and cross-border care in the Netherlands
by Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Hermans, Bert & Stoop, Arjen
- 299-310 Planning for health sector reform in post-conflict situations: Kosovo 1999-2000
by Shuey, Dean A. & Qosaj, Fatime Arenliu & Schouten, Erik J. & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 311-321 Workplace violence in Alberta and British Columbia hospitals
by Hesketh, Kathryn L. & Duncan, Susan M. & Estabrooks, Carole A. & Reimer, Marlene A. & Giovannetti, Phyllis & Hyndman, Kathryn & Acorn, Sonia
- 323-338 Health sector regulation in Thailand: recent progress and the future agenda
by Teerawattananon, Yot & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Tantivess, Sripen & Mills, Anne
February 2003, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 117-120 Evaluating health interventions in the 21st century: old and new challenges
by McDaid, D. & Cookson, R. & Maynard, A. & Sassi, F.
- 121-132 The development of health technology assessment
by Banta, David
- 133-139 Evaluating health care interventions in the European Union
by McDaid, David & Cookson, Richard AU -
- 141-154 Setting priorities for the evaluation of health interventions: when theory does not meet practice
by Sassi, Franco
- 155-165 From health technology assessment to research on the organisation and delivery of health services: addressing the balance
by Fulop, Naomi & Allen, Pauline & Clarke, Aileen & Black, Nick
- 167-178 Regulating the economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical devices: a European perspective
by Cookson, Richard & Hutton, John
- 179-186 The role of the media in steering public opinion on healthcare issues
by Benelli, Eva
- 187-196 Evaluations of health interventions in social insurance-based countries: Germany, the Netherlands, and Austria
by Wild, Claudia & Gibis, Bernhard
- 197-204 Health economic evaluation in Japan: a case study of one aspect of health technology assessment
by Oliver, Adam
- 205-213 Co-ordinating health technology assessment in Canada: a European perspective
by McDaid, David
- 215-226 Evaluating health interventions: exploiting the potential
by Maynard, Alan & McDaid, David
January 2003, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-15 The use of `arms-length' organizations for health system change in Ontario, Canada: some observations by insiders
by Pink, George H. & Leatt, Peggy
- 17-36 The economic impact of malaria in Africa: a critical review of the evidence
by Chima, Reginald Ikechukwu & Goodman, Catherine A. & Mills, Anne
- 37-47 The reliability and validity of willingness to pay surveys for reproductive health pricing decisions in developing countries
by Foreit, James R. & Foreit, Karen G. Fleischman
- 49-61 Establishing a standard for patient-completed instrument adaptations in Eastern Europe: experience with the Nottingham Health Profile in Hungary
by Lovas, Kornelia & Kalo, Zoltan & McKenna, Stephen P. & Whalley, Diane & Pentek, Marta & Genti, Gyorgy
- 63-72 Is publicly funded health care really distributed according to need? The example of cardiac rehabilitation in the UK
by Raine, Rosalind & Hutchings, Andrew & Black, Nick
- 73-80 Financial and organisational reforms in the health sector; implications for the financing and management of mental health care services
by Lien, Lars
- 81-94 A model for costs of stroke services
by Sundberg, Gun & Bagust, Adrian & Terent, Andreas
- 95-107 Selective referrals in a `hub and spoke' institutional setting: the case of coronary angioplasty procedures
by Nobilio, L. & Ugolini, C.
December 2002, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 227-242 Priority setting for health technology assessment in The Netherlands: principles and practice
by Oortwijn, Wija J. & Vondeling, Hindrik & van Barneveld, Teus & van Vugt, Christel & Bouter, Lex M.
- 243-273 Understanding informal payments for health care: the example of Bulgaria
by Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 275-290 Resource allocation decisions in Canada's health care system: can these decisions be challenged in a court of law
by Sweatman, Louise R. & Woollard, Diane
- 291-307 Vaccine safety policy analysis in three European countries: the case of thimerosal
by Freed, Gary L. & Andreae, Margie C. & Cowan, Anne E. & Katz, Samuel L.
- 309-328 Rapid appraisal methodology for `health for all' policy formulation analysis
by Peiro, Rosana & Alvarez-Dardet, Carlos & Plasencia, Antoni & Borrell, Carme & Colomer, Concha & Moya, Carmela & Pasarin, M. Isabel & Zafra, Eduardo
- 329-341 Gender and socioeconomic status as determinants of waiting time for inpatient surgery in a system with implicit queue management
by Arnesen, Kjell E. & Erikssen, Jan & Stavem, Knut
November 2002, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 117-129 Increasing inequalities in health care utilisation across income groups in Sweden during the 1990s?
by Burstrom, Bo
- 131-139 Integrating medical specialists and hospitals. The growing relevance of collective organisation of medical specialists for Dutch hospital governance
by Scholten, G.R.M & van der Grinten, T.E.D
- 141-160 The relationship between disease control strategies and health system development: the case of TB
by Collins, Charles D & Green, Andrew T & Newell, James N
- 161-172 Future health care costs--do health care costs during the last year of life matter?
by Wickstrom, Jannie & Serup-Hansen, Niels & Kristiansen, Ivar Sonbo
- 173-194 Interpreting public input into priority-setting: the role of mediating institutions
by Tenbensel, Tim
- 195-209 Public attitude and knowledge on a new health policy for pharmaceutical care in Korea
by Kang, Hye-Young & Park, Chong Yon & Joong Kim, Han
- 211-221 Culturally and linguistically appropriate health care for racial or ethnic minorities: analysis of the US Office of Minority Health's recommended standards
by Shaw-Taylor, Yoku
October 2002, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-13 The effect of drug co-payment policy on the purchase of prescription drugs for children with infections in the community
by Reuveni, Haim & Sheizaf, Boaz & Elhayany, Asher & Sherf, Michael & Limoni, Yehuda & Scharff, S. & Peled, Ronit
- 15-29 Reforming the reform: the greek national health system in transition
by Tountas, Yannis & Karnaki, Panagiota & Pavi, Elpida
- 31-51 Community-directed treatment with ivermectin in two Nigerian communities: an analysis of first year start-up processes, costs and consequences
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Shu, Elvis & Okonkwo, Paul
- 55-63 Health systems development in four Caribbean territories: introduction
by Haqq, Edison & Mills, Anne
- 65-84 The distribution of health planning and management responsibilities between centre and periphery: historical patterns and reform trends in four Caribbean territories
by Mills, A. & Antonius, R. & Daniel, J. & Gray, H. & Haqq, E. & Rutten, F.
- 85-101 The historical development of human resources policies in the health sector of four Caribbean territories: imitated or created?
by Walt, G. & Antonius, R. & Dokoui, S. & Gray, H. & Haqq, E. & Hadley, M. & Lalta, S. & Roberts, R.
- 103-113 Financing of health care in four Caribbean territories: a comparison with reforms in Europe
by Rutten, F. & Lapre, R. & Antonius, R. & Dokoui, S. & Haqq, E. & Roberts, R. & Mills, A.
September 2002, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 239-253 Age-adjusted mortality and its association to variations in urban conditions in Shanghai
by Takano, Takehito & Fu, Jia & Nakamura, Keiko & Uji, Kazuyuki & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Watanabe, Masafumi & Nakajima, Hiroshi
- 255-268 Time spent on informal and formal care giving for persons with dementia in Sweden
by Wimo, Anders & von Strauss, Eva & Nordberg, Gunilla & Sassi, Franco & Johansson, Lennarth
- 269-278 An international study of hospital readmissions and related utilization in Europe and the USA
by Westert, Gert P. & Lagoe, Ronald J. & Keskimaki, Ilmo & Leyland, Alastair & Murphy, Mark
- 279-290 Fairness, accountability for reasonableness, and the views of priority setting decision-makers
by Martin, Douglas K. & Giacomini, Mita & Singer, Peter A.
- 291-304 A review of the application of health economics to health and safety in healthcare
by Niven, Karen J. M.
- 305-328 Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications
by Polyzos, Nicholas M.
- 329-347 Planning the efficient allocation of research funds: an adapted application of a non-parametric Bayesian value of information analysis
by Karnon, Jonathan
August 2002, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 125-151 Social and political factors influencing the functioning of regional health boards in British Columbia (Canada)
by Frankish, C. James & Kwan, Brenda & Ratner, Pamela A. & Higgins, Joan Wharf & Larsen, Craig
- 153-171 A follow-up study of drug misusers who received an intervention from a local arrest referral scheme
by Crossen-White, Holly & Galvin, Kathleen
- 173-187 Productivity costs before and after absence from work: as important as common?
by Brouwer, W. B. F. & van Exel, N. J. A. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H.
- 189-199 Exploring the role of order effects in person trade-off elicitations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Richardson, Jeff & Baron, Jonathan
- 201-212 A combination of an extrapolation method and a benchmark method to develop quantitative health targets for Japan
by Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 213-236 Consumer involvement in health research: a review and research agenda
by Boote, Jonathan & Telford, Rosemary & Cooper, Cindy
July 2002, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-19 Implementing hospital reform in central and eastern Europe
by Healy, Judith & McKee, Martin
- 21-42 Predicting the cost of hospital stay for stroke patients: the use of diagnosis related groups
by Evers, Silvia & Voss, Gemma & Nieman, Fred & Ament, Andre & Groot, Tom & Lodder, Jan & Boreas, Anita & Blaauw, Gerhard
- 43-55 Financial consequences of changes in health care demands related to tobacco consumption in Mexico: information for policy makers
by Arredondo, Armando & Parada, Irene & Carrillo, Carlos
- 57-71 Energy intake during economic crisis depends on initial wealth and access to rice fields: the case of pregnant Indonesian women
by Hartini, T. N. S. & Winkvist, A. & Lindholm, L. & Stenlund, H. & Surjono, A. & Hakimi, M.
- 73-94 Towards improving hospital performance in Uganda and Zambia: reflections and opportunities for autonomy
by Hanson, Kara & Atuyambe, Lynn & Kamwanga, Jolly & McPake, Barbara & Mungule, Oswald & Ssengooba, Freddie
- 95-109 Primary health concept revisited: Where do people seek health care in a rural area of Vietnam?
by Khe, N. D. & Toan, N. V. & Xuan, L. T. T. & Eriksson, B. & Hojer, B. & Diwan, V. K.
- 111-122 Evaluation of a community-level health policy intervention
by von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & Joksimovic, Ljiljana & Badura, Bernhard & Siegrist, Johannes
June 2002, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 201-218 Policy relevant determinants of health: an international perspective
by Starfield, Barbara & Shi, Leiyu
- 219-233 Health status and work burden of Alzheimer patients' informal caregivers: Comparisons of five different care programs in the European Union
by Colvez, Alain & Joel, Marie-Eve & Ponton-Sanchez, Alice & Royer, Anne-Charlotte
- 235-254 Free choice of sickness funds in regulated competition: evidence from Germany and The Netherlands
by Gre[ss], Stefan & Groenewegen, Peter & Kerssens, Jan & Braun, Bernard & Wasem, Juergen
- 255-273 A typology for provider payment systems in health care
by Jegers, Marc & Kesteloot, Katrien & De Graeve, Diana & Gilles, Willem
- 275-284 Women's knowledge of new regulations about publicly funded medications for osteoporosis
by Werner, Perla & Vered, Iris
- 285-297 The gatekeeper in vision care. An analysis of the co-ordination of professional services in The Netherlands
by Stevens, Fred C. J. & van der Horst, Frans & Hendrikse, Fred
May 2002, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 101-110 Integrating health law and health policy: a European perspective
by Legemaate, Johan
- 111-132 Primary care physicians' attitudes to health care reform in England
by Whynes, David K. & Baines, Darrin L.
- 133-150 Reforming China's urban health insurance system
by Liu, Yuanli
- 151-169 Health sector reform in South Asia: new challenges and constraints
by Islam, Anwar & Zaffar Tahir, M.
- 171-184 Urgency coding as a dynamic tool in management of waiting lists for psychogeriatric nursing home care in The Netherlands
by Meiland, F. J. M. & Danse, J. A. C. & Wendte, J. F. & Gunning-Schepers, L. J. & Klazinga, N. S.
- 185-197 Optometrist prescribing of therapeutic agents: findings of the AESOP survey
by Mason, Anne & Mason, James
April 2002, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-16 Use of explicit criteria for total hip joint replacement fixation techniques
by Quintana, Jose M & Arostegui, Inmaculada & Azkarate, Jesus & Goenaga, J. Ignacio & Tobio, Ramon & Aranburu, Jose M. & Goikoetxea, Begona
- 17-37 The evaluation of the introduction of a quality management system: A process-oriented case study in a large rehabilitation hospital
by van Harten, Willem H. & Casparie, Ton F. & Fisscher, Olaf A. M.
- 39-58 Setting priorities in Canadian regional health authorities: a survey of key decision makers
by Mitton, Craig & Donaldson, Cam
- 59-66 Diffusion of innovations: treatment of Alzheimer's disease in Germany
by Ruof, Jorg & Mittendorf, Thomas & Pirk, Olaf & Graf von der Schulenburg, J. -Matthias
- 67-96 Determinants of PHC productivity and resource utilization: a comparison of public and private physicians in Macedonia
by Nordyke, Robert J.
March 2002, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 183-191 Measures of goal attainment and performance in the World Health Report 2000: A brief, critical consumer guide
by Nord, Erik
- 193-207 A `transitional' context for health policy development: the Palestinian case
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
- 209-221 Health target programmes and health care services--any link?: A conceptual and comparative study (part 1)
by Busse, Reinhard & Wismar, Matthias
- 223-241 Outcome-related health targets--political strategies for better health outcomes: A conceptual and comparative study (part 2)
by Wismar, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard
- 243-256 Analysis of hospital charges for cerebral infarction stroke inpatients in Beijing, People's Republic of China
by Tu, Feng & Tokunaga, Shoji & Deng, ZhouLu & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 257-281 The use of contracts in the management of infectious disease related risk in the NHS internal market
by Allen, Pauline & Croxson, Bronwyn & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Archibald, Kate & Crawshaw, Shirley & Taylor, Lynda
January 2002, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 99-106 A SWOT analysis of the organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
- 107-118 Organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
- 119-132 The Danish health system through an American lens
by Davis, Karen
- 133-143 The Danish health care system from a British perspective
by Hurst, Jeremy
- 145-159 Evaluation of the organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Janssen, Richard
- 161-171 The Danish health care system: it ain't broke... so don't fix it
by Mooney, Gavin
- 173-180 Summary of the SWOT panel's evaluation of the organisation and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
January 2002, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-24 Public attitudes towards patient payments in Bulgarian public health care sector: results of a household survey
by Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Godefridus
- 25-36 The role and effects of sanatoriums and health resorts in the Russian Federation
by Bihari-Axelsson, Susanna & Axelsson, Runo
- 37-51 DRG-related prices applied in a public health care system--can Finland learn from Norway and Sweden?
by Mikkola, Hennamari & Keskimaki, Ilmo & Hakkinen, Unto
- 53-63 Rationalising rationing: economic and other considerations in the debate about funding of Viagra
by Stolk, Elly A. & Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Busschbach, Jan J. V.
- 65-94 A review of the literature on the economics of noncompliance. Room for methodological improvement
by Cleemput, Irina & Kesteloot, Katrien & DeGeest, Sabina
December 2001, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 191-213 A policy analysis of the introduction and dissemination of external peer review (visitatie) as a means of professional self-regulation amongst medical specialists in The Netherlands in the period 1985-2000
by Lombarts, M. J. M. H. & Klazinga, N. S.
- 215-229 The impact of changes in private health expenditure on New Zealand households
by Hopkins, Sandra & Cumming, Jacqueline
- 231-242 Rate of health insurance reimbursement and adherence to anti-hypertensive treatment among Japanese patients
by Hagihara, Akihito & Murakami, Masayoshi & Chishaki, Akiko & Nabeshima, Fumikazu & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 243-262 Financial incentives in health care. The impact of performance-based reimbursement
by Forsberg, Ewa & Axelsson, Runo & Arnetz, Bengt
- 263-274 Do the research goal and databases match? A checklist for a systematic approach
by van Eijk, Martine E. C. & Krist, Lambert F. G. & Avorn, Jerry & Porsius, Arijan & de Boer, Anthonius
- 275-288 Does willingness to pay vary by race/ethnicity? An analysis using mammography among low-income women
by Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Kaplan, Celia P. & Nguyen, Bang H. & Pasick, Rena J.
November 2001, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 99-119 The impact of legislative versus non-legislative quality policy in health care: a comparison between two countries
by Sluijs, Emmy M. & Outinen, Maarit & Wagner, Cordula & Liukko, Matti & de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 121-131 The cost of hepatitis C and the cost-effectiveness of its prevention
by Shiell, Alan & Law, Matthew G
- 133-149 A comparative analysis of domiciliary oxygen therapy in five European countries
by Garattini, Livio & Cornago, Dante & Tediosi, Fabrizio
- 151-173 Sense of place, organizational context and the strategic management of publicly funded hospitals
by Hanlon, Neil T.
- 175-186 Analysis of costs and cost-effectiveness in multinational trials
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Touw, Karien C. R. & Rutten, Frans F. H.
October 2001, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-14 The relationship between per capita income and diffusion of medical technologies
by Slade, Eric P. & Anderson, Gerard F.
- 15-26 Providing information on emerging health technologies to provincial decision makers: a pilot project
by Hailey, David & Topfer, Leigh-Ann & Wills, Fiona
- 27-35 Application of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis in the development of a health technology assessment program
by Gibis, Bernhard & Artiles, Justo & Corabian, Paula & Meiesaar, Kersti & Koppel, Agris & Jacobs, Philip & Serrano, Pedro & Menon, Devidas
- 37-67 Strategies for promoting equity: experience with community financing in three African countries
by Gilson, Lucy & Kalyalya, Denny & Kuchler, Felix & Lake, Sally & Oranga, Hezron & Ouendo, Marius
- 69-81 Fear and social isolation as consequences of tuberculosis in VietNam: a gender analysis
by Long, Nguyen Hoang & Johansson, Eva & Diwan, Vinod K. & Winkvist, Anna
- 83-96 Policy implications of the inadequate support systems for orphans in Western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
September 2001, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 169-177 Computer-assisted health impact assessment for intersectoral health policy
by Mooy, Johanna M. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 179-192 Prospects for tobacco control in Zimbabwe: a historical perspective
by Woelk, Godfrey & Mtisi, Sobona & Vaughan, J. Patrick
- 193-204 Symptom-based outcome measures for asthma: the use of discrete choice methods to assess patient preferences
by McKenzie, Lynda & Cairns, John & Osman, Liesl
- 205-224 Equity in health in unequal societies: meeting health needs in contexts of social change
by Bloom, Gerald
- 225-234 Equivalence versus pragmatic trials for the economic evaluation of information and communication technologies;: the case of polysomnography under telesurveillance in the diagnosis of sleep apnea syndrome
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis
- 235-248 Improving performance in public hospitals: a role for comparative costs?
by Dawson, Diane & Goddard, Maria & Street, Andrew
August 2001, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 79-96 The public economics of tuberculosis control
by Jack, William
- 97-109 The costs of radon mitigation in domestic properties
by Coskeran, Thomas & Denman, Antony & Phillips, Paul
- 111-139 The potential demand for an AIDS vaccine in Thailand
by Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Phoolcharoen, Wiput & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kongsin, Sukhontha & Kasemsup, Vijj & Tantivess, Sripen & Suraratdecha, Chutima
- 141-153 Scope and scale insensitivities in a contingent valuation study of risk reductions
by Norinder, Anna & Hjalte, Krister & Persson, Ulf
- 155-164 Determinants of customer satisfaction with the health care system, with the possibility to choose a personal physician and with a family doctor in a transition country
by Kersnik, Janko
July 2001, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-13 Health economics in low income countries: adapting to the reality of the unofficial economy
by Ensor, Tim & Witter, Sophie
- 15-26 How people respond to illness in Mexico: self-care or medical care?
by Leyva-Flores, Rene & Luz Kageyama, M. & Erviti-Erice, Joaquina
- 27-44 Institutional innovation and the handling of health complaints in New Zealand: an assessment
by Dew, Kevin & Roorda, Mathea
- 45-56 The appropriateness of treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a comparison of Dutch and multinational criteria
by McDonnell, Joseph & Stoevelaar, Herman J. & Ruud Bosch, J. L. H. & Kahan, James P. & AU -
- 57-72 Value focused rationality in AIDS policy
by Wenstop, Fred & Magnus, Per
June 2001, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 171-204 A descriptive framework for country-level analysis of health care financing arrangements
by Kutzin, Joseph
- 205-213 Are publicly-insured psychiatric outpatients in Japan satisfied?
by Ito, Hiroto & Sederer, Lloyd I.
- 215-234 Cost-effectiveness study on influenza prevention in Hong Kong
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Shortridge, K. F. & McGhee, S. M. & Hedley, A. J.
- 235-250 What is `best practice' in health care? State of the art and perspectives in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the European health care systems
by Perleth, Matthias & Jakubowski, Elke & Busse, Reinhard
May 2001, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 85-98 Health care under transformation in Poland
by Tymowska, Katarzyna
- 99-110 Legislation analysis according to WHO and INCB criteria on opioid availability: a comparative study of 5 countries and the state of Texas
by Liliana De Lima, M. H. A. & Sakowski, Julie Ann & Stratton Hill, C. & Bruera, Eduardo
- 111-125 Maternal serum screening, political decision-making and social learning
by Stemerding, Dirk & van Berkel, Dymphie
- 127-147 The German strategy for quality improvement in health care: still to improve
by Sauerland, Dirk
- 149-163 Using computerised patient-level costing data for setting DRG weights: the Victorian (Australia) cost weight studies
by Jackson, Terri
April 2001, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-20 Reforming the Israeli health system: findings of a 3-year evaluation
by Gross, Revital & Rosen, Bruce & Shirom, Arie
- 21-32 Assessing efficiency in the UK breast screening programme: does size of screening unit make a difference?
by Johnston, Katharine & Gerard, Karen
- 33-48 Support and consultation for general practitioners concerning euthanasia: the SCEA project
by Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 49-63 Reimbursement policies, incentives and disincentives to perform laparoscopic surgery in Israel
by Greenberg, Dan & Peiser, Jochanan G. & Peterburg, Yitzhak & Pliskin, Joseph S.
- 65-79 Adoption of new health care services in Norway (1993-1997): specialists' self-assessment according to national criteria for priority setting
by Norheim, Ole Frithjof & Ekeberg, Oivind & Evensen, Stein A. & Halvorsen, Marit & Kvernebo, Knut
March 2001, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 159-172 Public doubts about vaccination safety and resistance against vaccination
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 173-186 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis to assist population based strategic planning for coronary heart disease
by Haas, Marion & Viney, Rosalie & Kristensen, Elizabeth & Pain, Charles & Foulds, Kim
- 187-207 Lack of integration, and seasonal variations in demand explained performance problems and waiting times for patients at emergency departments: a 3 years evaluation of the shift of responsibility between primary and secondary care by closure of two acute hospitals
by Andersson, Grazyna & Karlberg, Ingvar
- 209-225 Preventive service delivery for children in a managed care environment: contrasts and lessons from Israel
by Freed, Gary L. & DeFriese, Gordon H. & Williams, Dennis & Behar, Lenore
- 227-231 Educational differences in health expectancy in Madrid and Barcelona
by Martinez-Sanchez, Eva & Gutierrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Gispert, Rosa & Regidor, Enrique
- 237-238 Index
- 239-238 Index
February 2001, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 85-95 Timing of adoption of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Denmark and in The Netherlands: a comparative study
by Poulsen, Peter Bo & Vondeling, Hindrik & Dirksen, Carmen D. & Adamsen, Sven & Go, Peter M. N. Y. H. & Ament, Andre J. H.
- 97-109 On the evaluation of drug benefits policy changes with longitudinal claims data: the policy maker's versus the clinician's perspective
by Schneeweiss, Sebastian & Maclure, Malcolm & Walker, Alexander M. & Grootendorst, Paul & Soumerai, Stephen B.
- 111-120 Integration of care in The Netherlands: the development of transmural care since 1994
by van der Linden, Barbara A. & Spreeuwenberg, Cor & Schrijvers, Augustinus J. P.
- 121-128 Patient views on choice and participation in primary health care
by Rosen, Per & Anell, Anders & Hjortsberg, Catharina
- 129-149 Ethical dilemmas in communicating medical information to the public
by Resnik, David B.
January 2001, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-18 Developing financial autonomy in public hospitals in India: Rajasthan's model
by Sharma, Suneeta & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 19-36 Introducing DRG-based financing in Hungary: a study into the relationship between supply of hospital beds and use of these beds under changing institutional circumstances
by Kroneman, Madelon & Nagy, Julia
- 37-50 Maximising health gain within available resources in the New Zealand public health system
by Bohmer, Paul & Pain, Charles & Watt, Alex & Abernethy, Paul & Sceats, Janet
- 51-69 Health-related quality of life by disease and socio-economic group in the general population in Sweden
by Burstrom, Kristina & Johannesson, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn
- 71-79 Hospital at home: what is its place in the health system?
by Bentur, Netta
December 2000, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 169-185 Setting priorities for the adoption of health technologies on a national level -- the Israeli experience
by Shani, Segev & Siebzehner, Miriam Ines & Luxenburg, Osnat & Shemer, Joshua
- 187-200 Methodological considerations on the assessment of the implementation of quality management systems
by van Harten, Willem H. & Casparie, Ton F. & Fisscher, Olaf A. M.
- 201-207 Surgeon predictions on growth of minimal invasive therapy: the difficulty of estimating technologic diffusion
by Bloom, Bernard S. & de Pouvourville, Nathalie & Libert, Simon & Mark Fendrick, A.
- 209-227 Analysis and interpretation of cost data in dialysis: review of Western European literature
by Peeters, Pascale & Rublee, Dale & Just, Paul M. & Joseph, Alain