An international comparison of efficiency of inpatient mental health care systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Ruggiero, John, 1998. "Non-discretionary inputs in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 461-469, December.
- Sandra Garcia Armesto & Helena Medeiros & Lihan Wei, 2008. "Information Availability for Measuring and Comparing Quality of Mental Health Care Across OECD Countries," OECD Health Technical Papers 20, OECD Publishing.
- Andrew M. Jones, 2007. "Panel data methods and applications to health economics," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/18, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- B. Hollingsworth & P. Smith, 2003. "Use of ratios in data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(11), pages 733-735.
- Hannigan, Ben & Coffey, Michael, 2011. "Where the wicked problems are: The case of mental health," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 220-227, August.
- Uwe Jensen, 2000. "Is it efficient to analyse efficiency rankings?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 189-208.
- Andrew Street, 2003. "How much confidence should we place in efficiency estimates?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 895-907.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Kent Olson & Linh Vu, 2009. "Economic efficiency in farm households: trends, explanatory factors, and estimation methods," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(5), pages 587-599, September.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Ruggiero, John, 1996. "On the measurement of technical efficiency in the public sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 553-565, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Varabyova, Yauheniya & Müller, Julia-Maria, 2016. "The efficiency of health care production in OECD countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis of cross-country comparisons," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 252-263.
- Pınar Kaya Samut & Reyhan Cafrı, 2016. "Analysis of the Efficiency Determinants of Health Systems in OECD Countries by DEA and Panel Tobit," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(1), pages 113-132, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-country comparisons; Inpatient mental health services; Data envelopment analyis; Cluster analysis; Bootstrapping;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:112:y:2013:i:1:p:88-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .