Households' living situation and the efficient provision of primary education in Burkina Faso
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Miningou, Élisé Wendlassida & Vierstraete, Valérie, 2013. "Households' living situation and the efficient provision of primary education in Burkina Faso," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 910-917.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Johnes & J. Taylor, "undated". "Measuring the Performance of Universities," Working Papers ec3/90, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- J. M. Bates, 1997. "Measuring predetermined socioeconomic 'inputs' when assessing the efficiency of educational outputs," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 85-93.
- Andrew Worthington, 2001. "An Empirical Survey of Frontier Efficiency Measurement Techniques in Education," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 245-268.
- Jean Bourdon, 2009. "La mesure de l'efficacité scolaire par la méthode de l'enveloppe : test des filières alternatives de recrutement des enseignants dans le cadre du processus Education pour tous," Post-Print halshs-00399562, HAL.
- Barrow, Michael M., 1991. "Measuring local education authority performance: A frontier approach," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 19-27, March.
- A. Bessent & W. Bessent & J. Kennington & B. Reagan, 1982. "An Application of Mathematical Programming to Assess Productivity in the Houston Independent School District," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(12), pages 1355-1367, December.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2011. "Social services, human capital, and technical efficiency of smallholders in Burkina Faso:," IFPRI discussion papers 1068, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Leleu, Hervé & Moises, James & Valdmanis, Vivian, 2012.
"Optimal productive size of hospital's intensive care units,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 297-305.
- Hervé Leleu & James Moises & Vivian Valdmanis, 2011. "Optimal productive size of hospital’s intensive care units," Working Papers 2011-ECO-01, IESEG School of Management.
- H. Leleu & J. Moises & V. Valdmanis, 2012. "Optimal productive size of hospital's intensive care units," Post-Print hal-00785243, HAL.
- Deller, Steven C. & Rudnicki, Edward, 1993. "Production efficiency in elementary education: The case of Maine public schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 45-57, March.
- Subhash C. Ray, 1991. "Resource-Use Efficiency in Public Schools: A Study of Connecticut Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(12), pages 1620-1628, December.
- Sunil Kumar & Rachita Gulati, 2009. "Technical efficiency and its determinants in the Indian domestic banking industry: an application of DEA and Tobit analysis," American Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 256-296.
- Stanton, Kenneth R., 2002. "Trends in relationship lending and factors affecting relationship lending efficiency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 127-152, January.
- Afonso, Antonio & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2006.
"Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: A semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 476-491, May.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Cross-country Efficiency of Secondary Education Provision: a Semi-parametric Analysis with Nondiscretionary Inputs," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2005. "Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: a semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs," Working Paper Series 494, European Central Bank.
- W. Alexander & Alfred Haug & Mohammad Jaforullah, 2010.
"A two-stage double-bootstrap data envelopment analysis of efficiency differences of New Zealand secondary schools,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 99-110, October.
- W Robert J Alexander & Alfred A. Haug & Mohammad Jaforullah, 2007. "A two-stage double-bootstrap data envelopment analysis of efficiency differences of New Zealand secondary schools," Working Papers 0714, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2007.
- Aleksandra Parteka & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2013.
"Dynamics of productivity in higher education: cross-european evidence based on bootstrapped Malmquist indices,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 67-82, August.
- Aleksandra PARTEKA & Joanna WOLSZCZAK-DERLACZ, 2011. "Dynamics of productivity in higher education. Cross-European evidence based on bootstrapped Malmquist indices," Departmental Working Papers 2011-10, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Katharina Michaelowa, 2000. "Dépenses d'éducation, qualité de l'éducation et pauvreté : L'exemple de cinq pays d'Afrique francophone," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 157, OECD Publishing.
- Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Briec, Walter & Peypoch, Nicolas & Tavéra, Christophe, 2009. "[alpha]-Returns to scale and multi-output production technologies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 332-339, August.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Duncombe, William & Miner, Jerry & Ruggiero, John, 1997. "Empirical Evaluation of Bureaucratic Models of Inefficiency," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 93(1-2), pages 1-18, October.
- Ruggiero, John, 1996. "On the measurement of technical efficiency in the public sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 553-565, May.
- Olesen, Ole B. & Ruggiero, John, 2012. "Maintaining the Regular Ultra Passum Law in data envelopment analysis," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 2/2012, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Rolf FÃ¤re & Shawna Grosskopf & William L. Weber, 1989. "Measuring School District Performance," Public Finance Review, , vol. 17(4), pages 409-428, October.
- Ruggiero, John, 2006. "Measurement error, education production and data envelopment analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 327-333, June.
- Jaume Puig-Junoy, 1998. "Technical efficiency in the clinical management of critically ill patients," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 263-277.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:71:y:2018:i:c:p:34-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Manuel Cordero & Cristina Polo & Daniel Santín & Gabriela Sicilia, 2016. "Monte-Carlo Comparison of Conditional Nonparametric Methods and Traditional Approaches to Include Exogenous Variables," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 483-497, October.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Heinesen, Eskil & Tranæs, Torben, 2015.
"The efficiency of educational production: A comparison of the Nordic countries with other OECD countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 310-321.
- Peter Bogetoft & Eskil Heinesen & Torben Tranaes, 2015. "The Efficiency of Educational Production: A Comparison of the Nordic Countries with other OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 5514, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cuccia, Tiziana & Guccio, Calogero & Rizzo, Ilde, 2016. "The effects of UNESCO World Heritage List inscription on tourism destinations performance in Italian regions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 494-508.
- Moradi-Motlagh, Amir & Babacan, Alperhan, 2015. "The impact of the global financial crisis on the efficiency of Australian banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 397-406.
More about this item
KeywordsData Envelopment Analysis; Efficiency; Primary education; Burkina Faso; Bootstrap procedures;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-10-20 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-10-20 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2012-10-20 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shr:wpaper:12-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luc Savard). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deushca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.