To what extent does employer-paid health insurance reduce the use of public hospitals?
This study examines the extent to which employer-paid health insurance has led to substitution of public with private hospital use in Denmark.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sara Moreira & Pedro Pita Barros, 2010. "Double health insurance coverage and health care utilisation: evidence from quantile regression," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(9), pages 1075-1092, September.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2004.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Under Exogeneity: A Review,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 4-29, February.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2003. "Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects under Exogeneity: A Review," NBER Technical Working Papers 0294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2006:i:83-84:p:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moorin, Rachael Elizabeth & Holman, Cashel D'Arcy J., 2006. "Does federal health care policy influence switching between the public and private sectors in individuals?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 284-295, December.
- Van Doorslaer, Eddy & Clarke, Philip & Savage, Elizabeth & Hall, Jane, 2008. "Horizontal inequities in Australia's mixed public/private health care system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 97-108, April.
- Gertler, Paul & Sturm, Roland, 1997. "Private health insurance and public expenditures in Jamaica," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 237-257, March.
- Barros, Pedro Pita & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2008.
"Moral hazard and the demand for health services: A matching estimator approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1006-1025, July.
- Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna & Pita-Barros, Pedro, 2005. "Moral hazard and the demand for health services: a matching estimator approach," UC3M Working papers. Economics we055928, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Machado, Matilde Pinto & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna, 2006. "Moral Hazard and the Demand for Health Services: A Matching Estimator Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 5488, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Seshamani, Meena & Gray, Alastair M., 2004. "A longitudinal study of the effects of age and time to death on hospital costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 217-235, March.
- Ángel Marcos Vera-Hernández, 1999. "Duplicate coverage and demand for health care. The case of Catalonia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 579-598.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2006. "Large Sample Properties of Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(1), pages 235-267, 01.
- Kiil, Astrid, 2012. "What characterises the privately insured in universal health care systems? A review of the empirical evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 60-75.
- Tim Besley & John Hall & Ian Preston, 1996.
"The demand for private health insurance: do waiting lists matter?,"
IFS Working Papers
W96/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Besley, Timothy & Hall, John & Preston, Ian, 1999. "The demand for private health insurance: do waiting lists matter?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 155-181, May.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005.
"Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008. "Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, 02.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesca Colombo & Nicole Tapay, 2004. "Private Health Insurance in OECD Countries: The Benefits and Costs for Individuals and Health Systems," OECD Health Working Papers 15, OECD Publishing.
- Jonathan Gruber & Brigitte C. Madrian, 2002.
"Health Insurance, Labor Supply, and Job Mobility: A Critical Review of the Literature,"
NBER Working Papers
8817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Brigitte C. Madrian, 2002. "Health Insurance, Labor Supply, and Job Mobility: A Critical Review of the Literature," JCPR Working Papers 255, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Andrew M. Jones & Xander Koolman & Eddy Van Doorslaer, 2006. "The impact of having supplementary private health insurance on the uses of specialists," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 83-84, pages 251-275.
- Mark Stabile, 2001. "Private insurance subsidies and public health care markets: evidence from Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 921-942, November.
- Astrid Kiil, 2012. "Does employment-based private health insurance increase the use of covered health care services? A matching estimator approach," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-38, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:113:y:2013:i:1:p:61-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.