2002, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 85-101 The historical development of human resources policies in the health sector of four Caribbean territories: imitated or created?
by Walt, G. & Antonius, R. & Dokoui, S. & Gray, H. & Haqq, E. & Hadley, M. & Lalta, S. & Roberts, R.
- 103-113 Financing of health care in four Caribbean territories: a comparison with reforms in Europe
by Rutten, F. & Lapre, R. & Antonius, R. & Dokoui, S. & Haqq, E. & Roberts, R. & Mills, A.
2002, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 239-253 Age-adjusted mortality and its association to variations in urban conditions in Shanghai
by Takano, Takehito & Fu, Jia & Nakamura, Keiko & Uji, Kazuyuki & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Watanabe, Masafumi & Nakajima, Hiroshi
- 255-268 Time spent on informal and formal care giving for persons with dementia in Sweden
by Wimo, Anders & von Strauss, Eva & Nordberg, Gunilla & Sassi, Franco & Johansson, Lennarth
- 269-278 An international study of hospital readmissions and related utilization in Europe and the USA
by Westert, Gert P. & Lagoe, Ronald J. & Keskimaki, Ilmo & Leyland, Alastair & Murphy, Mark
- 279-290 Fairness, accountability for reasonableness, and the views of priority setting decision-makers
by Martin, Douglas K. & Giacomini, Mita & Singer, Peter A.
- 291-304 A review of the application of health economics to health and safety in healthcare
by Niven, Karen J. M.
- 305-328 Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications
by Polyzos, Nicholas M.
- 329-347 Planning the efficient allocation of research funds: an adapted application of a non-parametric Bayesian value of information analysis
by Karnon, Jonathan
2002, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 125-151 Social and political factors influencing the functioning of regional health boards in British Columbia (Canada)
by Frankish, C. James & Kwan, Brenda & Ratner, Pamela A. & Higgins, Joan Wharf & Larsen, Craig
- 153-171 A follow-up study of drug misusers who received an intervention from a local arrest referral scheme
by Crossen-White, Holly & Galvin, Kathleen
- 173-187 Productivity costs before and after absence from work: as important as common?
by Brouwer, W. B. F. & van Exel, N. J. A. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H.
- 189-199 Exploring the role of order effects in person trade-off elicitations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Richardson, Jeff & Baron, Jonathan
- 201-212 A combination of an extrapolation method and a benchmark method to develop quantitative health targets for Japan
by Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 213-236 Consumer involvement in health research: a review and research agenda
by Boote, Jonathan & Telford, Rosemary & Cooper, Cindy
2002, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-19 Implementing hospital reform in central and eastern Europe
by Healy, Judith & McKee, Martin
- 21-42 Predicting the cost of hospital stay for stroke patients: the use of diagnosis related groups
by Evers, Silvia & Voss, Gemma & Nieman, Fred & Ament, Andre & Groot, Tom & Lodder, Jan & Boreas, Anita & Blaauw, Gerhard
- 43-55 Financial consequences of changes in health care demands related to tobacco consumption in Mexico: information for policy makers
by Arredondo, Armando & Parada, Irene & Carrillo, Carlos
- 57-71 Energy intake during economic crisis depends on initial wealth and access to rice fields: the case of pregnant Indonesian women
by Hartini, T. N. S. & Winkvist, A. & Lindholm, L. & Stenlund, H. & Surjono, A. & Hakimi, M.
- 73-94 Towards improving hospital performance in Uganda and Zambia: reflections and opportunities for autonomy
by Hanson, Kara & Atuyambe, Lynn & Kamwanga, Jolly & McPake, Barbara & Mungule, Oswald & Ssengooba, Freddie
- 95-109 Primary health concept revisited: Where do people seek health care in a rural area of Vietnam?
by Khe, N. D. & Toan, N. V. & Xuan, L. T. T. & Eriksson, B. & Hojer, B. & Diwan, V. K.
- 111-122 Evaluation of a community-level health policy intervention
by von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & Joksimovic, Ljiljana & Badura, Bernhard & Siegrist, Johannes
2002, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 201-218 Policy relevant determinants of health: an international perspective
by Starfield, Barbara & Shi, Leiyu
- 219-233 Health status and work burden of Alzheimer patients' informal caregivers: Comparisons of five different care programs in the European Union
by Colvez, Alain & Joel, Marie-Eve & Ponton-Sanchez, Alice & Royer, Anne-Charlotte
- 235-254 Free choice of sickness funds in regulated competition: evidence from Germany and The Netherlands
by Gre[ss], Stefan & Groenewegen, Peter & Kerssens, Jan & Braun, Bernard & Wasem, Juergen
- 255-273 A typology for provider payment systems in health care
by Jegers, Marc & Kesteloot, Katrien & De Graeve, Diana & Gilles, Willem
- 275-284 Women's knowledge of new regulations about publicly funded medications for osteoporosis
by Werner, Perla & Vered, Iris
- 285-297 The gatekeeper in vision care. An analysis of the co-ordination of professional services in The Netherlands
by Stevens, Fred C. J. & van der Horst, Frans & Hendrikse, Fred
2002, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 101-110 Integrating health law and health policy: a European perspective
by Legemaate, Johan
- 111-132 Primary care physicians' attitudes to health care reform in England
by Whynes, David K. & Baines, Darrin L.
- 133-150 Reforming China's urban health insurance system
by Liu, Yuanli
- 151-169 Health sector reform in South Asia: new challenges and constraints
by Islam, Anwar & Zaffar Tahir, M.
- 171-184 Urgency coding as a dynamic tool in management of waiting lists for psychogeriatric nursing home care in The Netherlands
by Meiland, F. J. M. & Danse, J. A. C. & Wendte, J. F. & Gunning-Schepers, L. J. & Klazinga, N. S.
- 185-197 Optometrist prescribing of therapeutic agents: findings of the AESOP survey
by Mason, Anne & Mason, James
2002, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-16 Use of explicit criteria for total hip joint replacement fixation techniques
by Quintana, Jose M & Arostegui, Inmaculada & Azkarate, Jesus & Goenaga, J. Ignacio & Tobio, Ramon & Aranburu, Jose M. & Goikoetxea, Begona
- 17-37 The evaluation of the introduction of a quality management system: A process-oriented case study in a large rehabilitation hospital
by van Harten, Willem H. & Casparie, Ton F. & Fisscher, Olaf A. M.
- 39-58 Setting priorities in Canadian regional health authorities: a survey of key decision makers
by Mitton, Craig & Donaldson, Cam
- 59-66 Diffusion of innovations: treatment of Alzheimer's disease in Germany
by Ruof, Jorg & Mittendorf, Thomas & Pirk, Olaf & Graf von der Schulenburg, J. -Matthias
- 67-96 Determinants of PHC productivity and resource utilization: a comparison of public and private physicians in Macedonia
by Nordyke, Robert J.
2002, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 183-191 Measures of goal attainment and performance in the World Health Report 2000: A brief, critical consumer guide
by Nord, Erik
- 193-207 A `transitional' context for health policy development: the Palestinian case
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
- 209-221 Health target programmes and health care services--any link?: A conceptual and comparative study (part 1)
by Busse, Reinhard & Wismar, Matthias
- 223-241 Outcome-related health targets--political strategies for better health outcomes: A conceptual and comparative study (part 2)
by Wismar, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard
- 243-256 Analysis of hospital charges for cerebral infarction stroke inpatients in Beijing, People's Republic of China
by Tu, Feng & Tokunaga, Shoji & Deng, ZhouLu & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 257-281 The use of contracts in the management of infectious disease related risk in the NHS internal market
by Allen, Pauline & Croxson, Bronwyn & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Archibald, Kate & Crawshaw, Shirley & Taylor, Lynda
2002, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 99-106 A SWOT analysis of the organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
- 107-118 Organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
- 119-132 The Danish health system through an American lens
by Davis, Karen
- 133-143 The Danish health care system from a British perspective
by Hurst, Jeremy
- 145-159 Evaluation of the organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Janssen, Richard
- 161-171 The Danish health care system: it ain't broke... so don't fix it
by Mooney, Gavin
- 173-180 Summary of the SWOT panel's evaluation of the organisation and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
2002, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-24 Public attitudes towards patient payments in Bulgarian public health care sector: results of a household survey
by Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Godefridus
- 25-36 The role and effects of sanatoriums and health resorts in the Russian Federation
by Bihari-Axelsson, Susanna & Axelsson, Runo
- 37-51 DRG-related prices applied in a public health care system--can Finland learn from Norway and Sweden?
by Mikkola, Hennamari & Keskimaki, Ilmo & Hakkinen, Unto
- 53-63 Rationalising rationing: economic and other considerations in the debate about funding of Viagra
by Stolk, Elly A. & Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Busschbach, Jan J. V.
- 65-94 A review of the literature on the economics of noncompliance. Room for methodological improvement
by Cleemput, Irina & Kesteloot, Katrien & DeGeest, Sabina
2001, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 191-213 A policy analysis of the introduction and dissemination of external peer review (visitatie) as a means of professional self-regulation amongst medical specialists in The Netherlands in the period 1985-2000
by Lombarts, M. J. M. H. & Klazinga, N. S.
- 215-229 The impact of changes in private health expenditure on New Zealand households
by Hopkins, Sandra & Cumming, Jacqueline
- 231-242 Rate of health insurance reimbursement and adherence to anti-hypertensive treatment among Japanese patients
by Hagihara, Akihito & Murakami, Masayoshi & Chishaki, Akiko & Nabeshima, Fumikazu & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 243-262 Financial incentives in health care. The impact of performance-based reimbursement
by Forsberg, Ewa & Axelsson, Runo & Arnetz, Bengt
- 263-274 Do the research goal and databases match? A checklist for a systematic approach
by van Eijk, Martine E. C. & Krist, Lambert F. G. & Avorn, Jerry & Porsius, Arijan & de Boer, Anthonius
- 275-288 Does willingness to pay vary by race/ethnicity? An analysis using mammography among low-income women
by Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Kaplan, Celia P. & Nguyen, Bang H. & Pasick, Rena J.
2001, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 99-119 The impact of legislative versus non-legislative quality policy in health care: a comparison between two countries
by Sluijs, Emmy M. & Outinen, Maarit & Wagner, Cordula & Liukko, Matti & de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 121-131 The cost of hepatitis C and the cost-effectiveness of its prevention
by Shiell, Alan & Law, Matthew G
- 133-149 A comparative analysis of domiciliary oxygen therapy in five European countries
by Garattini, Livio & Cornago, Dante & Tediosi, Fabrizio
- 151-173 Sense of place, organizational context and the strategic management of publicly funded hospitals
by Hanlon, Neil T.
- 175-186 Analysis of costs and cost-effectiveness in multinational trials
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Touw, Karien C. R. & Rutten, Frans F. H.
2001, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-14 The relationship between per capita income and diffusion of medical technologies
by Slade, Eric P. & Anderson, Gerard F.
- 15-26 Providing information on emerging health technologies to provincial decision makers: a pilot project
by Hailey, David & Topfer, Leigh-Ann & Wills, Fiona
- 27-35 Application of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis in the development of a health technology assessment program
by Gibis, Bernhard & Artiles, Justo & Corabian, Paula & Meiesaar, Kersti & Koppel, Agris & Jacobs, Philip & Serrano, Pedro & Menon, Devidas
- 37-67 Strategies for promoting equity: experience with community financing in three African countries
by Gilson, Lucy & Kalyalya, Denny & Kuchler, Felix & Lake, Sally & Oranga, Hezron & Ouendo, Marius
- 69-81 Fear and social isolation as consequences of tuberculosis in VietNam: a gender analysis
by Long, Nguyen Hoang & Johansson, Eva & Diwan, Vinod K. & Winkvist, Anna
- 83-96 Policy implications of the inadequate support systems for orphans in Western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
2001, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 169-177 Computer-assisted health impact assessment for intersectoral health policy
by Mooy, Johanna M. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 179-192 Prospects for tobacco control in Zimbabwe: a historical perspective
by Woelk, Godfrey & Mtisi, Sobona & Vaughan, J. Patrick
- 193-204 Symptom-based outcome measures for asthma: the use of discrete choice methods to assess patient preferences
by McKenzie, Lynda & Cairns, John & Osman, Liesl
- 205-224 Equity in health in unequal societies: meeting health needs in contexts of social change
by Bloom, Gerald
- 225-234 Equivalence versus pragmatic trials for the economic evaluation of information and communication technologies;: the case of polysomnography under telesurveillance in the diagnosis of sleep apnea syndrome
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis
- 235-248 Improving performance in public hospitals: a role for comparative costs?
by Dawson, Diane & Goddard, Maria & Street, Andrew
2001, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 79-96 The public economics of tuberculosis control
by Jack, William
- 97-109 The costs of radon mitigation in domestic properties
by Coskeran, Thomas & Denman, Antony & Phillips, Paul
- 111-139 The potential demand for an AIDS vaccine in Thailand
by Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Phoolcharoen, Wiput & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kongsin, Sukhontha & Kasemsup, Vijj & Tantivess, Sripen & Suraratdecha, Chutima
- 141-153 Scope and scale insensitivities in a contingent valuation study of risk reductions
by Norinder, Anna & Hjalte, Krister & Persson, Ulf
- 155-164 Determinants of customer satisfaction with the health care system, with the possibility to choose a personal physician and with a family doctor in a transition country
by Kersnik, Janko
2001, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-13 Health economics in low income countries: adapting to the reality of the unofficial economy
by Ensor, Tim & Witter, Sophie
- 15-26 How people respond to illness in Mexico: self-care or medical care?
by Leyva-Flores, Rene & Luz Kageyama, M. & Erviti-Erice, Joaquina
- 27-44 Institutional innovation and the handling of health complaints in New Zealand: an assessment
by Dew, Kevin & Roorda, Mathea
- 45-56 The appropriateness of treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a comparison of Dutch and multinational criteria
by McDonnell, Joseph & Stoevelaar, Herman J. & Ruud Bosch, J. L. H. & Kahan, James P. & AU -
- 57-72 Value focused rationality in AIDS policy
by Wenstop, Fred & Magnus, Per
2001, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 171-204 A descriptive framework for country-level analysis of health care financing arrangements
by Kutzin, Joseph
- 205-213 Are publicly-insured psychiatric outpatients in Japan satisfied?
by Ito, Hiroto & Sederer, Lloyd I.
- 215-234 Cost-effectiveness study on influenza prevention in Hong Kong
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Shortridge, K. F. & McGhee, S. M. & Hedley, A. J.
- 235-250 What is `best practice' in health care? State of the art and perspectives in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the European health care systems
by Perleth, Matthias & Jakubowski, Elke & Busse, Reinhard
2001, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 85-98 Health care under transformation in Poland
by Tymowska, Katarzyna
- 99-110 Legislation analysis according to WHO and INCB criteria on opioid availability: a comparative study of 5 countries and the state of Texas
by Liliana De Lima, M. H. A. & Sakowski, Julie Ann & Stratton Hill, C. & Bruera, Eduardo
- 111-125 Maternal serum screening, political decision-making and social learning
by Stemerding, Dirk & van Berkel, Dymphie
- 127-147 The German strategy for quality improvement in health care: still to improve
by Sauerland, Dirk
- 149-163 Using computerised patient-level costing data for setting DRG weights: the Victorian (Australia) cost weight studies
by Jackson, Terri
2001, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-20 Reforming the Israeli health system: findings of a 3-year evaluation
by Gross, Revital & Rosen, Bruce & Shirom, Arie
- 21-32 Assessing efficiency in the UK breast screening programme: does size of screening unit make a difference?
by Johnston, Katharine & Gerard, Karen
- 33-48 Support and consultation for general practitioners concerning euthanasia: the SCEA project
by Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 49-63 Reimbursement policies, incentives and disincentives to perform laparoscopic surgery in Israel
by Greenberg, Dan & Peiser, Jochanan G. & Peterburg, Yitzhak & Pliskin, Joseph S.
- 65-79 Adoption of new health care services in Norway (1993-1997): specialists' self-assessment according to national criteria for priority setting
by Norheim, Ole Frithjof & Ekeberg, Oivind & Evensen, Stein A. & Halvorsen, Marit & Kvernebo, Knut
2001, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 159-172 Public doubts about vaccination safety and resistance against vaccination
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 173-186 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis to assist population based strategic planning for coronary heart disease
by Haas, Marion & Viney, Rosalie & Kristensen, Elizabeth & Pain, Charles & Foulds, Kim
- 187-207 Lack of integration, and seasonal variations in demand explained performance problems and waiting times for patients at emergency departments: a 3 years evaluation of the shift of responsibility between primary and secondary care by closure of two acute hospitals
by Andersson, Grazyna & Karlberg, Ingvar
- 209-225 Preventive service delivery for children in a managed care environment: contrasts and lessons from Israel
by Freed, Gary L. & DeFriese, Gordon H. & Williams, Dennis & Behar, Lenore
- 227-231 Educational differences in health expectancy in Madrid and Barcelona
by Martinez-Sanchez, Eva & Gutierrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Gispert, Rosa & Regidor, Enrique
- 237-238 Index
- 239-238 Index
2001, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 85-95 Timing of adoption of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Denmark and in The Netherlands: a comparative study
by Poulsen, Peter Bo & Vondeling, Hindrik & Dirksen, Carmen D. & Adamsen, Sven & Go, Peter M. N. Y. H. & Ament, Andre J. H.
- 97-109 On the evaluation of drug benefits policy changes with longitudinal claims data: the policy maker's versus the clinician's perspective
by Schneeweiss, Sebastian & Maclure, Malcolm & Walker, Alexander M. & Grootendorst, Paul & Soumerai, Stephen B.
- 111-120 Integration of care in The Netherlands: the development of transmural care since 1994
by van der Linden, Barbara A. & Spreeuwenberg, Cor & Schrijvers, Augustinus J. P.
- 121-128 Patient views on choice and participation in primary health care
by Rosen, Per & Anell, Anders & Hjortsberg, Catharina
- 129-149 Ethical dilemmas in communicating medical information to the public
by Resnik, David B.
2001, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-18 Developing financial autonomy in public hospitals in India: Rajasthan's model
by Sharma, Suneeta & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 19-36 Introducing DRG-based financing in Hungary: a study into the relationship between supply of hospital beds and use of these beds under changing institutional circumstances
by Kroneman, Madelon & Nagy, Julia
- 37-50 Maximising health gain within available resources in the New Zealand public health system
by Bohmer, Paul & Pain, Charles & Watt, Alex & Abernethy, Paul & Sceats, Janet
- 51-69 Health-related quality of life by disease and socio-economic group in the general population in Sweden
by Burstrom, Kristina & Johannesson, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn
- 71-79 Hospital at home: what is its place in the health system?
by Bentur, Netta
2000, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 169-185 Setting priorities for the adoption of health technologies on a national level -- the Israeli experience
by Shani, Segev & Siebzehner, Miriam Ines & Luxenburg, Osnat & Shemer, Joshua
- 187-200 Methodological considerations on the assessment of the implementation of quality management systems
by van Harten, Willem H. & Casparie, Ton F. & Fisscher, Olaf A. M.
- 201-207 Surgeon predictions on growth of minimal invasive therapy: the difficulty of estimating technologic diffusion
by Bloom, Bernard S. & de Pouvourville, Nathalie & Libert, Simon & Mark Fendrick, A.
- 209-227 Analysis and interpretation of cost data in dialysis: review of Western European literature
by Peeters, Pascale & Rublee, Dale & Just, Paul M. & Joseph, Alain
- 229-233 Cost-effectiveness as a criterion for public spending on health: a reply to William Jack's `second opinion'
by Musgrove, Philip
- 237-238 Index
- 239-238 Index
2000, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 67-86 How the reimbursement system may influence physicians' decisions results from focus groups interviews in France
by Huttin, C. & Andral, J.
- 87-123 Review of the literature on reference pricing
by Lopez-Casasnovas, Guillem & Puig-Junoy, Jaume
- 125-141 Cost implications of routine mammography screening of women 50-69 years in the County of Funen, Denmark
by Bech, Mickael & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 143-159 Economic burden of malaria illness on households versus that of all other illness episodes: a study in five malaria holo-endemic Nigerian communities
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Okonkwo, Paul
- 161-159 Erratum to `Health care in Hong Kong and mainland China: one country, two systems?': [Health Policy 53 (2000) 147-155]
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Coughlin, Sheryl & Tomori, Cecilia & Bennett, Charles L.
- 163-159 Erratum to `Measuring appropriate use of acute beds: A systematic review of methods and results': [Health Policy 53 (2000) 157-184]
by McDonagh, Marian S. & Smith, David H. & Goddard, Maria
2000, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-11 Migration and mainstreaming: matching health services to immigrants' needs in Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Manderson, Lenore
- 13-25 Intervention times series analysis of pertussis vaccination in England and Wales
by Girard, Dorota Z.
- 27-43 Public purchasing and private priorities for healthcare in New Zealand
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa & Ashton, Toni
- 45-64 Mobile medics? The mobility of doctors in the European Economic Area
by Jinks, Clare & Ong, Bie Nio & Paton, Calum
2000, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 147-155 Health care in Hong Kong and mainland China: one country, two systems?
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Coughlin, Sheryl & Tomori, Cecilia & Bennett, Charles L.
- 157-184 Measuring appropriate use of acute beds: A systematic review of methods and results
by McDonagh, Marian S. & Smith, David H. & Goddard, Maria
- 185-199 Appraising the financial reform in Bulgarian public health care sector: the health insurance act of 1998
by Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Frits
- 201-228 Safe motherhood interventions in low-income countries: an economic justification and evidence of cost effectiveness
by Jowett, Matthew
- 231-232 Index
- 233-232 Index
2000, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 73-89 Science in practice: can health care reform projects in central and eastern Europe be evaluated systematically?
by Grielen, Saskia J. & Boerma, Wienke G. W. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 91-104 Creating a strategic management plan for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) provision
by Szczepura, Ala & Clark, Michael
- 105-121 Willingness to pay for mammography: item development and testing among five ethnic groups
by Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Pasick, Rena J.
- 123-141 Deductibles in health insurance: can the actuarially fair premium reduction exceed the deductible?
by Bakker, Frank M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
2000, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-11 Targets as a tool in health policy: Part I: lessons learned
by van Herten, Loes M. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 13-23 Targets as a tool in health policy. Part II: guidelines for application
by Van Herten, Loes M. & Gunning-Shepers, Louise J.
- 25-37 Service quality in public and private hospitals in urban Bangladesh: a comparative study
by Andaleeb, Syed Saad
- 39-59 Regulatory factors of medical care expenditures for older people in Japan -- analysis based on secondary medical care areas in Hokkaido
by Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Hoshi, Tanji & Shinkai, Shouji & Kita, Toru
- 61-67 Public spending on health care: how are different criteria related? a second opinion
by Jack, William
2000, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 149-156 Limiting access to allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in five European countries: what can we learn about implicit rationing?
by Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 157-169 Importing budget systems from other countries: what can we learn from the German drug budget and the British GP fundholding?
by Delnoij, Diana & Brenner, Gerhard
- 171-178 Evaluating the effect of new hospital specialties on GP prescription costs
by Simoens, Steven & Gordon, Colin & Scott, Anthony
- 179-192 The influence of economic evaluation studies on decision making.: A European survey
by Hoffmann, Christiane AU -
2000, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 73-85 The role of the primary care physician in the Israeli health care system as a `gatekeeper' -- the viewpoint of health care policy makers
by Tabenkin, H. & Gross, Revital
- 87-112 The determinants of the public-private mix in Canadian health care expenditures: 1975-1996
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 113-127 Decentralising the health sector: issues in Brazil
by Collins, Charles & Araujo, Jose & Barbosa, Jarbas
- 129-145 The cost of prescription medicines to patients
by Noyce, Peter R. & Huttin, Christine & Atella, Vicenzo & Brenner, Gerhard & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Hedvall, Maj-Britt & Mechtler, Reli
2000, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-13 All rights reserved, or can we just copy? Cost sharing arrangements and characteristics of health care systems
by Ros, Corina C. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Delnoij, Diana M. J.
- 15-32 Maximum waiting time -- a threat to clinical freedom?: Implementation of a policy to reduce waiting times
by Hanning, Marianne & Spangberg, Ulrika Winblad
- 33-51 Gender and tuberculosis control: Perspectives on health seeking behaviour among men and women in Vietnam
by Johansson, E. & Long, N. H. & Diwan, V. K. & Winkvist, A.
- 53-70 On hypothetical bias and calibration in cost-benefit studies
by Liljas, Bengt & Blumenschein, Karen
2000, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 135-147 Diabetes nephropathy in the Netherlands: a cost effectiveness analysis of national clinical guidelines
by van Os, Nicole & Niessen, Louis W. & Bilo, Henk J. G. & Casparie, Anton F. & van Hout, Ben A.
- 149-162 A comparative analysis of generics markets in five European countries
by Garattini, Livio & Tediosi, Fabrizio
- 163-180 The response of providers to capitation payment: a case-study from Thailand
by Mills, Anne & Bennett, Sara & Siriwanarangsun, Porntep & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj
- 181-190 The hidden cost of clinical audit: a questionnaire study of NHS staff
by Lock, Peter & McElroy, Brendan & Mackenzie, Mhairi
2000, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 67-85 Health insurance markets and income inequality: findings from an international health policy survey
by Schoen, Cathy & Davis, Karen & DesRoches, Catherine & Donelan, Karen & Blendon, Robert
- 87-99 Health outcome measures used in cost-effectiveness studies: a review of original articles published between 1986 and 1996
by Anell, Anders & Norinder, Anna
- 101-107 The Swiss database on quality projects in medical institutions
by Schilling, Julian & Kapetanios, Epaminondas & Mayrhofer, Matthias & Faisst, Karin & Norrie, Moira & Haudenschild, Christoph
- 109-131 An update on Spain's health care system: is it time for managed competition?
by Rodriguez, Marisol & Scheffler, Richard M. & Agnew, Jonathan D.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-18 Direct and indirect costs of schizophrenia in community psychiatric services in Italy: The GISIES study
by Tarricone, Rosanna & Gerzeli, S. & Montanelli, R. & Frattura, Lucilla & Percudani, Mauro & Racagni, Giorgio
- 19-30 A qualitative study of the extent to which health gain matters when choosing between groups of patients
by Dolan, Paul & Cookson, Richard
- 31-47 Medicare's DRG-weights in a European environment: the Spanish experience
by Cots, Francesc & Elvira, David & Castells, Xavier & Dalmau, Eulalia
- 49-60 Leadership and the UK health service
by Goodwin, Neil
2000, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 155-170 Health reform for children: the Egyptian experience with school health insurance
by Nandakumar, A. K. & Reich, Michael R. & Chawla, Mukesh & Berman, Peter & Yip, Winnie
- 171-196 Equity in the financing of social security for health in Chile
by Bitran, Ricardo & Munoz, Juan & Aguad, Paulina & Navarrete, Mario & Ubilla, Gloria
- 197-218 Drug cost containment policies in Italy: are they really effective in the long-run?: The case of minimum reference price
by Atella, Vincenzo
- 219-240 The reorientation of market-oriented reforms in Swedish health-care
by Harrison, Michael I. & Calltorp, Johan
1999, Volume 50, Issue 1-2
- 1-22 Priority setting in health policy in Sweden and a comparison with Norway
by Calltorp, Johan
- 23-38 Rationing health care in France
by Lancry, Pierre-Jean & Sandier, Simone
- 39-53 Public opinion and rationing in the United Kingdom
by King, Derek & Maynard, Alan
- 55-70 Priorities in healthcare: a perspective from Spain
by Gaminde, Idoia
- 71-90 Priority-setting and rationing in German health care
by Busse, Reinhard
- 91-104 Priority setting in Austria
by Stepan, Adolf & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
- 105-122 Choices in Dutch health care: mixing strategies and responsibilities
by van der Grinten, Tom E. D. & Kasdorp, Jan P.
- 123-142 Clarifying the scope of Italian NHS coverage. Is it feasible? Is it desirable?
by Fattore, Giovanni
- 143-153 Priority-setting in Finnish healthcare
by Rissanen, Pekka & Hakkinen, Unto
1999, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 137-147 Newly implemented health system reform in Israel: physicians' attitudes
by Wilf-Miron, Rachel & Rotstein, Zeev & Noy, Shlomo & Turjeman, Amram & Israeli, Avi
- 149-159 Integrated care: the impact of governmental behaviour on collaborative networks
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & van Raak, Arno & Paulus, Aggie
- 161-177 Analysis of the eligibility of published economic evaluations for transfer to a given health care system: Methodological approach and application to the French health care system
by Spath, Hans-Martin & Carrere, Marie-Odile & Fervers, Beatrice & Philip, Thierry
- 179-194 Economic studies and `technical' evaluation of telemedicine: the case of telemonitored polysomnography
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis & Philippe, Carole & Gagnadoux, Frederic & Rakotonanahary, Dominique & Fleury, Bernard
1999, Volume 49, Issue 1-2
- 5-11 Rationing health care: an exploration
by Maynard, Alan
- 13-26 Limits to rationality: economics, economists and priority setting
by Robinson, Ray
- 27-43 Medical care and public policy: the benefits and burdens of asking fundamental questions
by Marmor, Theodore R. & Boyum, David
- 45-61 Involving the public in rationing decisions. The experience of citizens juries
by Lenaghan, Jo
- 63-74 Public views on health care rationing: a group discussion study
by Cookson, Richard & Dolan, Paul
- 75-135 Citizens and rationing: analysis of a European survey
by Mossialos, Elias & King, Derek