2001, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 215-234 Cost-effectiveness study on influenza prevention in Hong Kong
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Shortridge, K. F. & McGhee, S. M. & Hedley, A. J.
- 235-250 What is `best practice' in health care? State of the art and perspectives in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the European health care systems
by Perleth, Matthias & Jakubowski, Elke & Busse, Reinhard
2001, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 85-98 Health care under transformation in Poland
by Tymowska, Katarzyna
- 99-110 Legislation analysis according to WHO and INCB criteria on opioid availability: a comparative study of 5 countries and the state of Texas
by Liliana De Lima, M. H. A. & Sakowski, Julie Ann & Stratton Hill, C. & Bruera, Eduardo
- 111-125 Maternal serum screening, political decision-making and social learning
by Stemerding, Dirk & van Berkel, Dymphie
- 127-147 The German strategy for quality improvement in health care: still to improve
by Sauerland, Dirk
- 149-163 Using computerised patient-level costing data for setting DRG weights: the Victorian (Australia) cost weight studies
by Jackson, Terri
2001, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-20 Reforming the Israeli health system: findings of a 3-year evaluation
by Gross, Revital & Rosen, Bruce & Shirom, Arie
- 21-32 Assessing efficiency in the UK breast screening programme: does size of screening unit make a difference?
by Johnston, Katharine & Gerard, Karen
- 33-48 Support and consultation for general practitioners concerning euthanasia: the SCEA project
by Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 49-63 Reimbursement policies, incentives and disincentives to perform laparoscopic surgery in Israel
by Greenberg, Dan & Peiser, Jochanan G. & Peterburg, Yitzhak & Pliskin, Joseph S.
- 65-79 Adoption of new health care services in Norway (1993-1997): specialists' self-assessment according to national criteria for priority setting
by Norheim, Ole Frithjof & Ekeberg, Oivind & Evensen, Stein A. & Halvorsen, Marit & Kvernebo, Knut
2001, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 159-172 Public doubts about vaccination safety and resistance against vaccination
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 173-186 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis to assist population based strategic planning for coronary heart disease
by Haas, Marion & Viney, Rosalie & Kristensen, Elizabeth & Pain, Charles & Foulds, Kim
- 187-207 Lack of integration, and seasonal variations in demand explained performance problems and waiting times for patients at emergency departments: a 3 years evaluation of the shift of responsibility between primary and secondary care by closure of two acute hospitals
by Andersson, Grazyna & Karlberg, Ingvar
- 209-225 Preventive service delivery for children in a managed care environment: contrasts and lessons from Israel
by Freed, Gary L. & DeFriese, Gordon H. & Williams, Dennis & Behar, Lenore
- 227-231 Educational differences in health expectancy in Madrid and Barcelona
by Martinez-Sanchez, Eva & Gutierrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Gispert, Rosa & Regidor, Enrique
- 237-238 Index
- 239-238 Index
2001, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 85-95 Timing of adoption of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Denmark and in The Netherlands: a comparative study
by Poulsen, Peter Bo & Vondeling, Hindrik & Dirksen, Carmen D. & Adamsen, Sven & Go, Peter M. N. Y. H. & Ament, Andre J. H.
- 97-109 On the evaluation of drug benefits policy changes with longitudinal claims data: the policy maker's versus the clinician's perspective
by Schneeweiss, Sebastian & Maclure, Malcolm & Walker, Alexander M. & Grootendorst, Paul & Soumerai, Stephen B.
- 111-120 Integration of care in The Netherlands: the development of transmural care since 1994
by van der Linden, Barbara A. & Spreeuwenberg, Cor & Schrijvers, Augustinus J. P.
- 121-128 Patient views on choice and participation in primary health care
by Rosen, Per & Anell, Anders & Hjortsberg, Catharina
- 129-149 Ethical dilemmas in communicating medical information to the public
by Resnik, David B.
2001, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-18 Developing financial autonomy in public hospitals in India: Rajasthan's model
by Sharma, Suneeta & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 19-36 Introducing DRG-based financing in Hungary: a study into the relationship between supply of hospital beds and use of these beds under changing institutional circumstances
by Kroneman, Madelon & Nagy, Julia
- 37-50 Maximising health gain within available resources in the New Zealand public health system
by Bohmer, Paul & Pain, Charles & Watt, Alex & Abernethy, Paul & Sceats, Janet
- 51-69 Health-related quality of life by disease and socio-economic group in the general population in Sweden
by Burstrom, Kristina & Johannesson, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn
- 71-79 Hospital at home: what is its place in the health system?
by Bentur, Netta
2000, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 169-185 Setting priorities for the adoption of health technologies on a national level -- the Israeli experience
by Shani, Segev & Siebzehner, Miriam Ines & Luxenburg, Osnat & Shemer, Joshua
- 187-200 Methodological considerations on the assessment of the implementation of quality management systems
by van Harten, Willem H. & Casparie, Ton F. & Fisscher, Olaf A. M.
- 201-207 Surgeon predictions on growth of minimal invasive therapy: the difficulty of estimating technologic diffusion
by Bloom, Bernard S. & de Pouvourville, Nathalie & Libert, Simon & Mark Fendrick, A.
- 209-227 Analysis and interpretation of cost data in dialysis: review of Western European literature
by Peeters, Pascale & Rublee, Dale & Just, Paul M. & Joseph, Alain
- 229-233 Cost-effectiveness as a criterion for public spending on health: a reply to William Jack's `second opinion'
by Musgrove, Philip
- 237-238 Index
- 239-238 Index
2000, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 67-86 How the reimbursement system may influence physicians' decisions results from focus groups interviews in France
by Huttin, C. & Andral, J.
- 87-123 Review of the literature on reference pricing
by Lopez-Casasnovas, Guillem & Puig-Junoy, Jaume
- 125-141 Cost implications of routine mammography screening of women 50-69 years in the County of Funen, Denmark
by Bech, Mickael & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 143-159 Economic burden of malaria illness on households versus that of all other illness episodes: a study in five malaria holo-endemic Nigerian communities
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Okonkwo, Paul
- 161-159 Erratum to `Health care in Hong Kong and mainland China: one country, two systems?': [Health Policy 53 (2000) 147-155]
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Coughlin, Sheryl & Tomori, Cecilia & Bennett, Charles L.
- 163-159 Erratum to `Measuring appropriate use of acute beds: A systematic review of methods and results': [Health Policy 53 (2000) 157-184]
by McDonagh, Marian S. & Smith, David H. & Goddard, Maria
2000, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-11 Migration and mainstreaming: matching health services to immigrants' needs in Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Manderson, Lenore
- 13-25 Intervention times series analysis of pertussis vaccination in England and Wales
by Girard, Dorota Z.
- 27-43 Public purchasing and private priorities for healthcare in New Zealand
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa & Ashton, Toni
- 45-64 Mobile medics? The mobility of doctors in the European Economic Area
by Jinks, Clare & Ong, Bie Nio & Paton, Calum
2000, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 147-155 Health care in Hong Kong and mainland China: one country, two systems?
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Coughlin, Sheryl & Tomori, Cecilia & Bennett, Charles L.
- 157-184 Measuring appropriate use of acute beds: A systematic review of methods and results
by McDonagh, Marian S. & Smith, David H. & Goddard, Maria
- 185-199 Appraising the financial reform in Bulgarian public health care sector: the health insurance act of 1998
by Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Frits
- 201-228 Safe motherhood interventions in low-income countries: an economic justification and evidence of cost effectiveness
by Jowett, Matthew
- 231-232 Index
- 233-232 Index
2000, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 73-89 Science in practice: can health care reform projects in central and eastern Europe be evaluated systematically?
by Grielen, Saskia J. & Boerma, Wienke G. W. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 91-104 Creating a strategic management plan for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) provision
by Szczepura, Ala & Clark, Michael
- 105-121 Willingness to pay for mammography: item development and testing among five ethnic groups
by Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Pasick, Rena J.
- 123-141 Deductibles in health insurance: can the actuarially fair premium reduction exceed the deductible?
by Bakker, Frank M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
2000, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-11 Targets as a tool in health policy: Part I: lessons learned
by van Herten, Loes M. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 13-23 Targets as a tool in health policy. Part II: guidelines for application
by Van Herten, Loes M. & Gunning-Shepers, Louise J.
- 25-37 Service quality in public and private hospitals in urban Bangladesh: a comparative study
by Andaleeb, Syed Saad
- 39-59 Regulatory factors of medical care expenditures for older people in Japan -- analysis based on secondary medical care areas in Hokkaido
by Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Hoshi, Tanji & Shinkai, Shouji & Kita, Toru
- 61-67 Public spending on health care: how are different criteria related? a second opinion
by Jack, William
2000, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 149-156 Limiting access to allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in five European countries: what can we learn about implicit rationing?
by Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 157-169 Importing budget systems from other countries: what can we learn from the German drug budget and the British GP fundholding?
by Delnoij, Diana & Brenner, Gerhard
- 171-178 Evaluating the effect of new hospital specialties on GP prescription costs
by Simoens, Steven & Gordon, Colin & Scott, Anthony
- 179-192 The influence of economic evaluation studies on decision making.: A European survey
by Hoffmann, Christiane AU -
2000, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 73-85 The role of the primary care physician in the Israeli health care system as a `gatekeeper' -- the viewpoint of health care policy makers
by Tabenkin, H. & Gross, Revital
- 87-112 The determinants of the public-private mix in Canadian health care expenditures: 1975-1996
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 113-127 Decentralising the health sector: issues in Brazil
by Collins, Charles & Araujo, Jose & Barbosa, Jarbas
- 129-145 The cost of prescription medicines to patients
by Noyce, Peter R. & Huttin, Christine & Atella, Vicenzo & Brenner, Gerhard & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Hedvall, Maj-Britt & Mechtler, Reli
2000, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-13 All rights reserved, or can we just copy? Cost sharing arrangements and characteristics of health care systems
by Ros, Corina C. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Delnoij, Diana M. J.
- 15-32 Maximum waiting time -- a threat to clinical freedom?: Implementation of a policy to reduce waiting times
by Hanning, Marianne & Spangberg, Ulrika Winblad
- 33-51 Gender and tuberculosis control: Perspectives on health seeking behaviour among men and women in Vietnam
by Johansson, E. & Long, N. H. & Diwan, V. K. & Winkvist, A.
- 53-70 On hypothetical bias and calibration in cost-benefit studies
by Liljas, Bengt & Blumenschein, Karen
2000, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 135-147 Diabetes nephropathy in the Netherlands: a cost effectiveness analysis of national clinical guidelines
by van Os, Nicole & Niessen, Louis W. & Bilo, Henk J. G. & Casparie, Anton F. & van Hout, Ben A.
- 149-162 A comparative analysis of generics markets in five European countries
by Garattini, Livio & Tediosi, Fabrizio
- 163-180 The response of providers to capitation payment: a case-study from Thailand
by Mills, Anne & Bennett, Sara & Siriwanarangsun, Porntep & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj
- 181-190 The hidden cost of clinical audit: a questionnaire study of NHS staff
by Lock, Peter & McElroy, Brendan & Mackenzie, Mhairi
2000, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 67-85 Health insurance markets and income inequality: findings from an international health policy survey
by Schoen, Cathy & Davis, Karen & DesRoches, Catherine & Donelan, Karen & Blendon, Robert
- 87-99 Health outcome measures used in cost-effectiveness studies: a review of original articles published between 1986 and 1996
by Anell, Anders & Norinder, Anna
- 101-107 The Swiss database on quality projects in medical institutions
by Schilling, Julian & Kapetanios, Epaminondas & Mayrhofer, Matthias & Faisst, Karin & Norrie, Moira & Haudenschild, Christoph
- 109-131 An update on Spain's health care system: is it time for managed competition?
by Rodriguez, Marisol & Scheffler, Richard M. & Agnew, Jonathan D.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-18 Direct and indirect costs of schizophrenia in community psychiatric services in Italy: The GISIES study
by Tarricone, Rosanna & Gerzeli, S. & Montanelli, R. & Frattura, Lucilla & Percudani, Mauro & Racagni, Giorgio
- 19-30 A qualitative study of the extent to which health gain matters when choosing between groups of patients
by Dolan, Paul & Cookson, Richard
- 31-47 Medicare's DRG-weights in a European environment: the Spanish experience
by Cots, Francesc & Elvira, David & Castells, Xavier & Dalmau, Eulalia
- 49-60 Leadership and the UK health service
by Goodwin, Neil
2000, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 155-170 Health reform for children: the Egyptian experience with school health insurance
by Nandakumar, A. K. & Reich, Michael R. & Chawla, Mukesh & Berman, Peter & Yip, Winnie
- 171-196 Equity in the financing of social security for health in Chile
by Bitran, Ricardo & Munoz, Juan & Aguad, Paulina & Navarrete, Mario & Ubilla, Gloria
- 197-218 Drug cost containment policies in Italy: are they really effective in the long-run?: The case of minimum reference price
by Atella, Vincenzo
- 219-240 The reorientation of market-oriented reforms in Swedish health-care
by Harrison, Michael I. & Calltorp, Johan
1999, Volume 50, Issue 1-2
- 1-22 Priority setting in health policy in Sweden and a comparison with Norway
by Calltorp, Johan
- 23-38 Rationing health care in France
by Lancry, Pierre-Jean & Sandier, Simone
- 39-53 Public opinion and rationing in the United Kingdom
by King, Derek & Maynard, Alan
- 55-70 Priorities in healthcare: a perspective from Spain
by Gaminde, Idoia
- 71-90 Priority-setting and rationing in German health care
by Busse, Reinhard
- 91-104 Priority setting in Austria
by Stepan, Adolf & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
- 105-122 Choices in Dutch health care: mixing strategies and responsibilities
by van der Grinten, Tom E. D. & Kasdorp, Jan P.
- 123-142 Clarifying the scope of Italian NHS coverage. Is it feasible? Is it desirable?
by Fattore, Giovanni
- 143-153 Priority-setting in Finnish healthcare
by Rissanen, Pekka & Hakkinen, Unto
1999, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 137-147 Newly implemented health system reform in Israel: physicians' attitudes
by Wilf-Miron, Rachel & Rotstein, Zeev & Noy, Shlomo & Turjeman, Amram & Israeli, Avi
- 149-159 Integrated care: the impact of governmental behaviour on collaborative networks
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & van Raak, Arno & Paulus, Aggie
- 161-177 Analysis of the eligibility of published economic evaluations for transfer to a given health care system: Methodological approach and application to the French health care system
by Spath, Hans-Martin & Carrere, Marie-Odile & Fervers, Beatrice & Philip, Thierry
- 179-194 Economic studies and `technical' evaluation of telemedicine: the case of telemonitored polysomnography
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis & Philippe, Carole & Gagnadoux, Frederic & Rakotonanahary, Dominique & Fleury, Bernard
1999, Volume 49, Issue 1-2
- 5-11 Rationing health care: an exploration
by Maynard, Alan
- 13-26 Limits to rationality: economics, economists and priority setting
by Robinson, Ray
- 27-43 Medical care and public policy: the benefits and burdens of asking fundamental questions
by Marmor, Theodore R. & Boyum, David
- 45-61 Involving the public in rationing decisions. The experience of citizens juries
by Lenaghan, Jo
- 63-74 Public views on health care rationing: a group discussion study
by Cookson, Richard & Dolan, Paul
- 75-135 Citizens and rationing: analysis of a European survey
by Mossialos, Elias & King, Derek
1999, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 155-170 Cost-effectiveness analysis with defined budget: how to distribute resources for the prevention of cardiovascular disease?
by Lindholm, Lars & Hallgren, C. -G. & Boman, Kurt & Markgren, Kenth & Weinehall, Lars & Ogren, J. -E.
- 171-187 Supply, utilisation and outcome in hospital systems: an Anglo-Czech comparison
by Forster, Donald P. & Frost, Brian & Kamberska, Zuzana & Holub, Jiri
- 189-205 The effect of managed care on hospital staffing and technological diffusion
by Zhang, Nannan & Kohn, Linda & McGarrah, Robert & Anderson, Gerard
- 207-218 Can corporatization contribute to quality assurance and cost control in the German hospital sector?: A pilot project for stem cell transplantation
by Walshe, Ronald & Schmitz, Norbert & Diehl, Volker
1999, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 87-105 Inter-agency services in England and The Netherlands: A comparative study of integrated care development and delivery
by Hardy, Brian & Mur-Veemanu, Ingrid & Steenbergen, Marijke & Wistow, Gerald
- 107-117 An analysis of the effectiveness of Spanish primary health care teams
by Goni, Salome
- 119-134 Assessing the performance of NHS Hospital Trusts: the role of `hard' and `soft' information
by Goddard, Maria & Mannion, Russell & Smith, Peter C.
- 135-152 Improvement and renewal of healthcare processes: results of an empirical research project
by van der Bij, J. D. & Dijkstra, L. & de Vries, G. & Walburg, J.
1999, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-12 What has contributed to the change in life expectancy in Italy between 1980 and 1992?
by Ngongo, Kypa Ngoyi & Nante, Nicola & Chenet, Laurent & McKee, Martin
- 13-27 Productivity losses without absence: measurement validation and empirical evidence
by Brouwer, W. B. F. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H.
- 29-45 Association between health insurance and antibiotics prescribing in four counties in rural China
by Dong, Hengjin & Bogg, Lennart & Rehnberg, Clas & Diwan, Vinod
- 47-67 Towards a reinforced agency role of health insurers in Belgium and the Netherlands
by Schut, Frederik T. & van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A.
- 69-77 Is disease management relevant in Europe: some evidence from the United Kingdom
by Mason, Anne & Drummond, Michael & Towse, Adrian
1999, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 195-205 Impact of HIV/AIDS on the national economy of India
by Anand, K. & Pandav, C. S. & Nath, L. M.
- 207-223 Public spending on health care: how are different criteria related?
by Musgrove, Philip
- 225-239 The future of dental managed care in the US
by Shenkin, Jonathan
- 241-253 Identification and priority setting for health technology assessment in The Netherlands: actors and activities
by Oortwijn, Wija & Banta, David & Vondeling, Hindrik & Bouter, Lex
- 255-274 Assessment of biotechnology drugs: what are the issues?
by van Rijkom, Jeannette & Leufkens, Hubert & Crommelin, Daan & Rutten, Frans & Broekmans, Andre
1999, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 97-123 The contingent valuation method in health care
by Klose, Thomas
- 125-144 Pharmaceutical expenditure in Sweden
by Henriksson, Freddie & Hjortsberg, Catharina & Rehnberg, Clas
- 145-168 National health interview surveys in Europe: an overview
by Hupkens, Christianne L. H. & van den Berg, Jaap & van der Zee, Jouke
- 169-182 Regional disparities in health care supply in eleven European countries: does politics matter?
by Westert, Gert P. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 183-184 Letter to the Editor: Cost-benefit analysis of screening for Tay-Sachs disease among Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi Jews in Israel
by Shabat, Shay
- 185-187 Dilemmas in Community Mental Health Practice--Choice or Control, Rachel Perkins and Julie Repper, Radcliffe Medical Press, 1998, ISBN 85775-181-7
by Barrington, Ruth
- 188-189 Book Reviews
by Author, A. N.
1999, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-17 Private clinics for employees as a Dutch solution for waiting lists: economic and legal arguments
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Hermans, Herbert E. G. M.
- 19-36 Are market-oriented health insurance reforms possible in Latin America?: The cases of Argentina, Chile and Colombia
by Bertranou, Fabio M.
- 37-52 A framework for incorporating cost-effectiveness in evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
by Mason, James & Eccles, Martin & Freemantle, Nick & Drummond, Michael
- 53-67 Constraints on the retreat from a welfare-orientated approach to public health care in Malaysia
by Barraclough, Simon
- 69-83 Health sector reform and the interpretation of policy context
by Collins, Charles & Green, Andrew & Hunter, David
1999, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 165-177 Towards an integrated needs and outcome framework
by James, Marilyn
- 179-194 Profit, payment and pharmaceutical practices: perspectives from hospitals in Bangkok
by Pitaknetinan, Kitti & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Supachutikul, Anuwat & Bennett, Sara & Mills, Anne
- 195-216 Indonesian heath care and the economic crisis: is managed care the needed reform?
by Hotchkiss, David R. & Jacobalis, Samsi
- 217-238 Raising the quality of cost-utility analyses: lessons learnt and still to learn
by Gerard, Karen & Smoker, Irenie & Seymour, Janelle
- 239-254 The willingness of families caring for victims of stroke to pay for in-home respite care--results of a pilot study in Taiwan
by Chiu, Lian & Tang, Kwong-Yui & Shyu, Woei-Cherng & Chang, Ta-Pang
- 255-265 Does the UK National Health Service need a fourth hurdle for pharmaceutical reimbursement to encourage the more efficient prescribing of pharmaceuticals?
by Freemantle, Nick
1999, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 77-96 Contracting-out health care services: a conceptual framework
by Vining, Aidan R. & Globerman, Steven
- 97-103 The management and policy challenges of the globalisation effect of informatics and telemedicine
by Rigby, Michael
- 105-126 Regulation of health-related technologies in Germany
by Perleth, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard & Schwartz, Friedrich Wilhelm
- 127-141 The care and course of diabetes: differences according to level of education
by van der Meer, Joost B. W. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 143-157 Research into the use of health economics in decision making in the United Kingdom--Phase II: Is health economics `for good or evil'?
by Duthie, Tessa & Trueman, Paul & Chancellor, Jeremy & Diez, Lara
1998, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-19 Health policy issues and applications for evidence-based medicine and clinical practice guidelines
by Lohr, Kathleen N. & Eleazer, Kristen & Mauskopf, Josephine
- 21-41 The new pharmaceutical policy in Italy
by Fattore, Giovanni & Jommi, Claudio
- 43-52 Neonatal mortality in the Czech Republic during the transition
by Koupilova, Ilona & McKee, Martin & Holcik, Jan
- 53-68 The role of outputs and outcomes in purchaser accountability: reflecting on New Zealand experiences
by Cumming, Jacqueline & Scott, Claudia D.
- 71-74 Book review
by Author, A. N.
1998, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 175-186 General practice care and patients' priorities in Europe: an international comparison
by Wensing, Michel & Mainz, Jan & Ferreira, Pedro & Hearnshaw, Hilary & Hjortdahl, Per & Olesen, Frede & Reis, Shmuel & Ribacke, Mats & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Grol, Richard
- 187-193 An experimental test of question framing in health state utility assessment
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus
- 195-208 Possible objectives and resulting entitlements of essential health care packages
by Soderlund, Neil
- 209-220 Syringe and needle exchange as HIV/AIDS prevention for injection drug users in Puerto Rico
by Robles, Rafaela R. & Colon, Hector M. & Matos, Tomas D. & Finlinson, H. Ann & Munoz, Aileen & Marrero, C. Amalia & Garcia, Myriam & Reyes, Juan C.
- 221-238 Self-referral in a gatekeeping system: patients' reasons for skipping the general-practitioner
by Kulu-Glasgow, Isik & Delnoij, Diana & de Bakker, Dinny
1998, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 81-97 Risks and benefits of private health care: exploring physicians' views on private health care in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
by Lonnroth, Knut & Thuong, Le Minh & Linh, Pham Duy & Diwan, Vinod
- 99-117 Evaluating the Israeli health care reform: strategy, challenges and lessons
by Gross, Revital & Rosen, Bruce & Chinitz, David
- 119-132 Skill mix changes: substitution or service development?
by Richardson, Gerald & Maynard, Alan & Cullum, Nicky & Kindig, David
- 133-147 Economic evaluation of screening for prostate cancer: a randomized population based programme during a 10-year period in Sweden
by Holmberg, Hakan & Carlsson, Per & Lofman, Owe & Varenhorst, Eberhard
- 149-167 Diffusion of laparoscopic technologies in Denmark
by Poulsen, Peter Bo & Adamsen, Sven & Vondeling, Hindrik & Jorgensen, Torben
1998, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-14 The demographic impact on ambulatory pharmaceutical expenditure in Belgium
by Van Tielen, Rudy & Peys, Frank & Genaert, Jean
- 15-32 Risk-adjusted capitation payments: Developing a diagnostic cost groups classification for the Dutch situation
by Lamers, Leida M.
- 33-45 The role of quality standards-accreditation in redressing asymmetry of information in health care markets
by O'Neill, Ciaran & Largey, Ann
- 47-56 Alcohol advice in primary health care--is it a wise use of resources?
by Lindholm, Lars
- 57-67 The importance of developing an informatics framework for mental health
by Rigby, Michael & Lindmark, Jan & Furlan, Pier Maria
- 69-79 Economic evaluation of programmes aiming at eradicating infectious diseases
by Gyldmark, Marlene & Alban, Anita
1998, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 191-214 Can primary care and community-based models of emergency care substitute for the hospital accident and emergency (A & E) department?
by Roberts, Emilie & Mays, Nicholas
- 215-232 Economic evaluation of end stage renal disease treatment
by de Wit, G.Ardine & Ramsteijn, Paul G & de Charro, Frank Th
- 233-252 Primary health care meets the market in China and Vietnam
by Bloom, Gerald
- 253-260 What is Germany's experience on reference based drug pricing and the etiology of adverse health outcomes or substitution?
by Schneeweiss, Sebastian & Schoffski, Oliver & Selke, Gisbert W
- 261-281 Modernisation of the system of traditional Korean medicine (1876-1990)
by Son, Annette Hye Kyung
1998, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 97-102 Health policy and the information highway
by International, Datapage
- 103-122 Economic transition and health transition: comparing China and Russia
by Liu, Yuanli & Rao, Keqin & Fei, John
- 123-134 Effects of user charges on the use of prescription medicines in different socio-economic groups
by Lundberg, Lena & Johannesson, Magnus & Isacson, Dag G. L. & Borgquist, Lars
- 135-148 The meaning of urgency in the allocation of scarce health care resources; a comparison between renal transplantation and psychogeriatric nursing home care
by Varekamp, Inge & Meiland, Franka J. M. & Hoos, Aloysia M. & Wendte, Johannes F. & de Haes, Johanna C. J. M. & Krol, Leendert J.
- 149-166 Primary care reform: a three country comparison of `budget holding'
by Wilton, Paula & Smith, Richard D.
- 167-183 Market--what market? A review of Health Authority purchasing in the NHS internal market
by West, Peter A.
1998, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-18 Dilemmas in drug development for tropical diseases: Experiences with praziquantel
by Reich, Michael R. & Govindaraj, Ramesh
- 19-30 The need to redefine the practice of health promotion in the United Kingdom
by Midha, Arun & Sullivan, Michael
- 31-44 The importance of patient empowerment in health system reform
by Segal, Leonie
- 45-55 Guidelines on euthanasia and pain alleviation: compliance and opinions of physicians
by Haverkate, Ilinka & van der Wal, Gerrit & van der Maas, Paul J. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & Kostense, Piet J.
- 57-72 Sociocultural variations in help-seeking behavior for everyday symptoms and chronic disorders
by Alberts, Jantina F. & Sanderman, Robbert & Gerstenbluth, Izzy & van den Heuvel, Wim J. A.
- 73-85 The German experience in reference pricing
by Giuliani, Giovanni & Selke, Gisbert & Garattini, Livio
1998, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 203-218 Health insurance as a catalyst to change in former communist countries?
by Ensor, Tim & Thompson, Robin
- 219-232 Controlling antimicrobial resistance: a proposed transferable permit market
by Smith, Richard D. & Coast, Joanna
- 233-241 International collaboration in health technology assessment: a study of technologies used in management of osteoporosis
by Hailey, David & Marshall, Deborah & Sampietro-Colom, Laura & Rico, Rosa & Granados, Alicia & Asua, Jose & Jonsson, Egon
- 243-251 SOUNDING BOARD: Burden of illness estimates for priority setting: a debate revisited
by Wiseman, Virginia & Mooney, Gavin
- 253-270 Emigration of New Zealand and Australian physicians to the United States and the international flow of medical personnel
by Miller, Edward Alan & Laugesen, Miriam & Lee, Shoou-Yih Daniel & Mick, Stephen S.
1998, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 103-123 The impact of the UK NHS purchaser-provider split on the `rational' introduction of new medical technologies
by Rosen, Rebecca & Mays, Nicholas
- 125-139 The role of priority programmes in the provision of health services in the state of Oaxaca, Mexico
by Nigenda, Gustavo & Orozco, Emanuel & Guzman, Mauricio & Mora, Gerardo & Lockett, Lejeune & Pacheco, Carlos
- 141-151 The role of geriatric intermediate care facilities in long-term care for the elderly in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Tamiya, Nanako
- 153-169 Public/private financing in the Greek health care system: implications for equity
by Liaropoulos, Lycurgus & Tragakes, Ellie
- 171-194 The German health care system and health care reform
by Kamke, Kerstin
1998, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-13 The policy implications of better structure and process on birth outcomes in Jamaica
by Peabody, John W. & Gertler, Paul J. & Leibowitz, Arleen
- 15-31 Income-based incentives in UK general practice
by Whynes, David K. & Baines, Darrin L.
- 33-44 Value measurement in cost-utility analysis: explaining the discrepancy between rating scale and person trade-off elicitations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George & Scanlon, Dennis & Kamlet, Mark