June 2005, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 333-349 The relevance and prospects of advancing tobacco control in Indonesia
by Achadi, Anhari & Soerojo, Widyastuti & Barber, Sarah
- 351-358 Voluntary or compulsory health care reform?: The case of primary care organisations in Scotland
by Simoens, Steven & Scott, Anthony
- 359-366 Administrative and financial responsibilities for sheltered housing for mentally ill and handicapped persons in Germany and its impact on housing supply
by Bramesfeld, Anke & Holler, Gerhard
- 367-379 Medical savings accounts and the Canada health act: complimentary or contradictory
by Byrne, Joseph M. & Rathwell, Thomas
May 2005, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 129-139 The politics of childbirth in the context of conflict: policies or de facto practices?
by Giacaman, Rita & Wick, Laura & Abdul-Rahim, Hanan & Wick, Livia
- 141-148 Cancer treatment at home or in the hospital: what are the costs for French public health insurance?: Findings of a comprehensive-cancer centre
by Raphael, Remonnay & Yves, Devaux & Giselle, Chvetzoff & Magali, Morelle & Odile, Carrere Marie
- 149-156 Inequality in willingness-to-pay for community-based health insurance
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Cairns, John & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 157-164 Improvement in maternal health literacy among pregnant women who did not complete compulsory education: policy implications for community care services
by Ohnishi, Mayumi & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 165-173 The integration of medical specialists in hospitals. Dutch hospitals and medical specialists on the road to joint regulation
by Scholten, Gerard R.M. & Grinten, TED van der
- 175-185 Living donor liver transplantation: the historical and cultural basis of policy decisions and ongoing ethical questions
by Northup, Patrick Grant & Berg, Carl Lansing
- 187-200 Equity in utilization of cancer inpatient services by income classes
by Kim, Chul-Woung & Lee, Sang-Yi & Hong, Seong-Chul
- 201-215 Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries
by Siciliani, Luigi & Hurst, Jeremy
- 217-232 Researching income and income distribution as determinants of health in Canada: gaps between theoretical knowledge, research practice, and policy implementation
by Raphael, Dennis & Macdonald, Jennifer & Colman, Ronald & Labonte, Ronald & Hayward, Karen & Torgerson, Renee
- 233-243 Primary care teams: New Zealand's experience with community-governed non-profit primary care
by Crampton, Peter & Davis, Peter & Lay-Yee, Roy
- 245-252 Do online pharmacies fit European internal markets?
by Makinen, Mia Maria & Rautava, Paivi Tuire & Forsstrom, Jari Johannes
April 2005, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-8 Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis at basic health care facilities in rural Vietnam: a survey of knowledge and reported practices among health staff
by Hoa, Nguyen Phuong & Diwan, Vinod Kumar & Thorson, Anna Eva-Karin
- 9-23 Reducing health disparities through primary care reform: the New Zealand experiment
by Hefford, Martin & Crampton, Peter & Foley, Jon
- 25-40 Rural perspectives on HIV/AIDS prevention: a comparative study of Thailand and Ghana
by Aheto, Denis Worlanyo & Gbesemete, Kwame Prosper
- 41-52 Private and public cross-subsidization: financing Beijing's health-insurance reform
by Wu, Ming & Xin, Ying & Wang, Huihui & Yu, Wei
- 53-63 Pharmaceutical policy in Italy: towards a structural change?
by Ghislandi, Simone & Krulichova, Iva & Garattini, Livio
- 65-71 Does hospital discharge policy influence sick-leave patterns in the case of female breast cancer?
by Lindqvist, Rikard & Stenbeck, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn
- 73-80 Gender-related differences in general practice preferences: longitudinal evidence from the Netherlands 1982-2001
by Mayorova, Tanja & Stevens, Fred & Scherpbier, Albert & Velden, Lud van der & Zee, Jouke van der
- 81-91 The decision-making process of health care utilization in Mexico
by Brown, Cynthia J. & Pagan, Jose A. & Rodriguez-Oreggia, Eduardo
- 93-104 What lessons can de drawn from tuberculosis (TB) Control in China in the 1990s?: An analysis from a health system perspective
by Tang, Shenglan & Squire, Stephen Bertel
- 105-117 Findings from a survey on GIS use in the UK National Health Service: organisational challenges and opportunities
by Higgs, Gary & Smith, Darren P. & Gould, Myles I.
- 119-124 Seroepidemiology of varicella-zoster virus infection in a cosmopolitan city (Erzurum) in the eastern Turkey
by Alp, Handan & Altinkaynak, Sevin & Ertekin, Vildan & Kilicaslan, Buket & Giiraksin, Asuman
March 2005, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 271-287 The private demand for an AIDS vaccine in Thailand
by Suraratdecha, Chutima & Ainsworth, Martha & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Whittington, Dale
- 289-301 Evaluating and planning ICUs: methods and approaches to differentiate between need and demand
by Wild, Claudia & Narath, Markus
- 303-313 Measuring health status: information for primary care decision making
by Kind, Paul & Hardman, Geoff & Leese, Brenda
- 315-331 A review and comparison of classification algorithms for medical decision making
by Harper, Paul R.
- 333-346 Supervision in social health insurance: a four country study
by Maarse, Hans & Paulus, Aggie & Kuiper, Gerard
- 347-357 Creating conditions for greater private sector participation in achieving contraceptive security
by Sharma, Suneeta & Dayaratna, Varuni
- 359-373 A comparison of patient characteristics and rehabilitation treatment content of chronic low back pain (CLBP) and stroke patients across six European countries
by Engbers, L. H. & Vollenbroek-Hutten, M. M. R. & van Harten, W. H.
- 375-382 Public health care under pressure in sub-Saharan Africa
by Streefland, Pieter
- 383-397 Socio-economic and geographic differentials in costs and payment strategies for primary healthcare services in Southeast Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Uzochukwu, Benjamin
February 2005, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 133-149 Regulatory control of Chinese Proprietary Medicines in Singapore
by Yee, Shen-Kuan & Chu, Swee-Seng & Xu, Yi-Min & Choo, Peck-Lin
- 151-159 Evaluating the comparability of different grouping schemes for mortality and morbidity
by Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Jen, Ian & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Chang, Hong-Jen
- 161-180 A systems approach to malaria control: an institutional perspective
by Temel, Tugrul
- 181-193 Drug coverage in Canada: who is at risk?
by Kapur, Vishnu & Basu, Kisalaya
- 195-204 Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis
by Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris
- 205-212 Role of clinical, patient-reported outcome and medico-economic studies in the public hospital drug formulary decision-making process: results of a European survey
by Hasle-Pham, Elodie & Arnould, Benoit & Spath, Hans-Martin & Follet, Alain & Duru, Gerard & Marquis, Patrick
- 213-222 Tobacco consumption patterns and its health implications in India
by John, Rijo M.
- 223-232 Patient safety -- how much is enough?
by Warburton, Rebecca Nunn
- 233-241 A lay prescription for tailor-made drugs--focus group reflections on pharmacogenomics
by Almarsdottir, Anna Birna & Bjornsdottir, Ingunn & Traulsen, Janine Morgall
- 243-253 Facilitators and barriers in the implementation of the meeting centres model for people with dementia and their carers
by Meiland, Franka J.M. & Droes, Rose-Marie & Lange, Jacomine de & Vernooij-Dassen, Myrra J.F.J.
- 255-264 The relationship between HAART use and employment for HIV-positive individuals: an empirical analysis and policy outlook
by Bernell, Stephanie Lazarus & Shinogle, Judith Ann
- 265-264 Erratum to "Auto Action Learning: a tool for policy change building capacity across the developing regional system to improve health in the North East of England" [Health Policy 68 (2004) 169-181]
by Learmonth, Alyson & Pedler, Mike
January 2005, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-21 Healthcare reform implementation: stakeholders and their roles--the Israeli experience
by Horev, Tuvia & Babad, Yair M.
- 23-42 The macro determinants of health expenditure in the United States and Canada: assessing the impact of income, age distribution and time
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 43-56 A cost-effectiveness analysis of domestic radon remediation in four primary care trusts located in Northamptonshire, UK
by Coskeran, Thomas & Denman, Antony & Phillips, Paul & Tornberg, Roger
- 57-65 The consistency of panelists' appropriateness ratings: do experts produce clinically logical scores for rectal cancer treatment?
by Hodgson, David C. & Brierley, James D. & Cernat, Geta & Bondy, Susan & Slaughter, Pamela M. & Pinfold, S. Patricia & Paszat, Lawrence F.
- 67-81 Health care seeking behaviour and utilisation of traditional healers in Kalabo, Zambia
by Stekelenburg, Jelle & Jager, Bastiaan E. & Kolk, Pascal R. & Westen, Esther H. M. N. & Kwaak, Anke van der & Wolffers, Ivan N.
- 83-96 Why neoliberal health reforms have failed in Latin America
by Homedes, Nuria & Ugalde, Antonio
- 97-106 Postpolio syndrome: a challenge to the health-care system
by Bouza, Carmen & Munoz, Ana & Amate, Jose Maria
- 107-115 Quality based social insurance coverage and payment of the application of a high cost medical therapy: the case of spinal cord stimulation for chronic non-oncologic pain in The Netherlands
by Beersen, Nicoline & Redekop, W. Ken & de Bruijn, J.H. Bart & Theuvenet, Peter J. & Berg, Marc & Klazinga, Niek S.
- 117-125 "Interaction" and research utilisation in health policies and programs: does it work?
by Kothari, Anita & Birch, Stephen & Charles, Cathy
- 127-125 Corrigendum to "Culturally and linguistically appropriate health care for racial or ethnic minorities: analysis of the US Office of Minority Health's recommended standards" [Health Policy 62 (2002) 211-221]
by Shaw-Taylor, Yoku
December 2004, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 261-270 Using burden of disease/cost-effectiveness as an instrument for district health planning: experiences from Uganda
by Jeppsson, Anders & Okuonzi, Sam Agatre & Ostergren, Per-Olof & Hagstrom, Bo
- 271-279 Resource allocation equity in northeastern Mexico
by Rocha, Georgina Mayela Nunez & Martinez, Ana Maria Salinas & Rios, Enrique Villarreal & Elizondo, Ma. Eugenia Garza
- 281-290 Consumer involvement in decisions about what health-related research is funded
by O'Donnell, Maire & Entwistle, Vikki
- 291-301 Ulysses directives in The Netherlands: opinions of psychiatrists and clients
by Varekamp, I.
- 303-325 Primary health care in practice: is it effective?
by Lewis, Maureen & Eskeland, Gunnar & Traa-Valerezo, Ximena
- 327-345 Global public health mandates in a diverse world: the polio eradication initiative and the expanded programme on immunization in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Razum, Oliver
November 2004, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 137-149 Can the value choices in DALYs influence global priority-setting?
by Arnesen, Trude & Kapiriri, Lydia
- 151-162 Female genital mutilation, asylum seekers and refugees: the need for an integrated European Union agenda
by Powell, Richard A. & Leye, Els & Jayakody, Amanda & Mwangi-Powell, Faith N. & Morison, Linda
- 163-174 Ability to pay for maternal health services: what will it take to meet who standards?
by Prata, Ndola & Greig, Fiona & Walsh, Julia & West, Anna
- 175-184 Pricing health services for purchasers--a review of methods and experiences
by Waters, Hugh R. & Hussey, Peter
- 185-195 Application of a single sampling plan for auditing medical-claim payments made by Taiwan National Health Insurance
by Fu, Hwai-Hui & Tsai, Hsien-Tang & Lin, Ching-Wei & Wei, Duan
- 197-206 Utilization of maternal care in rural HeBei Province, the People's Republic of China: individual and structural characteristics
by Anson, Ofra
- 207-216 Willingness to pay for avoiding coronary restenosis and repeat revascularization: results from a contingent valuation study
by Greenberg, Dan & Bakhai, Ameet & Neumann, Peter J. & Cohen, David J.
- 217-228 Willingness to pay for public health care: a comparison of two approaches
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Kidholm, Kristian & Donaldson, Cam & Shackley, Phil
- 229-241 The role of research in a technical assistance agency: the case of the `German Agency for Technical Co-operation'
by Horchler, S. & Gerhardus, A. & Schmidt-Ehry, G. & Schmidt-Ehry, B. & Korte, R. & Mitra, S. K. & Sauerborn, R.
- 243-254 Restaurant owner perceptions of the effects of a smoking ban
by Hammar, Henrik
- 255-256 The significance of the Cancun (non)outcome for the health sector
by Singh, Alaka & Stilwell, Barbara
October 2004, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-10 "Brain drain" of health professionals: from rhetoric to responsible action
by Martineau, Tim & Decker, Karola & Bundred, Peter
- 11-22 Making sense of social capital, health and policy
by Shortt, S. E. D.
- 23-32 Delivering generics without regulatory incentives?: Empirical evidence from French general practitioners about willingness to prescribe international non-proprietary names
by Paraponaris, A. & Verger, P. & Desquins, B. & Villani, P. & Bouvenot, G. & Rochaix, L. & Gourheux, J. C. & Moatti, J. P. AU -
- 33-48 Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study
by Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F.
- 49-66 Medical savings accounts in a universal system: wishful thinking meets evidence
by Deber, Raisa B. & Forget, Evelyn L. & Roos, Leslie L.
- 67-83 Household tobacco and alcohol use, and child health: an exploratory study from India
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Jha, Prabhat & Peters, David H. & Nguyen, Son Nam
- 85-96 Cost-benefit analysis of Helicobacter pylori screening
by Leivo, T. & Salomaa, A. & Kosunen, T. U. & Tuominen, R. & Farkkila, M. & Linna, M. & Sintonen, H.
- 97-108 Can community health insurance schemes shield the poor against the downside health effects of economic reforms? The case of rural ethiopia
by Asfaw, Abay & Braun, Joachim von
- 109-123 Out-of-pocket and informal payments in health sector: evidence from Georgia
by Belli, Paolo & Gotsadze, George & Shahriari, Helen
- 125-131 Towards improving the co-ordination of supportive cancer care services in the community
by Brazil, Kevin & Whelan, Tim & O'Brien, Mary Ann & Sussman, Jonathan & Pyette, Nancy & Bainbridge, Daryl
September 2004, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 273-281 Determinants of caesarean section in Egypt: evidence from the demographic and health survey
by Khawaja, Marwan & Kabakian-Khasholian, Tamar & Jurdi, Rozzet
- 283-291 Opposition to unpopular research results: Finnish professional reactions to the WHI findings
by Hemminki, Elina
- 293-303 Estimation of the impact of providing outpatients with information about SARS infection control on their intention of outpatient visit
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Kizu, Minoru & Inoue, Akihiro & Sugie, Susumu
- 305-315 Economic benefit from clinical practice guideline compliance in stroke patient management
by Quaglini, Silvana & Cavallini, Anna & Gerzeli, Simone & Micieli, Giuseppe AU -
- 317-327 Trading patients: Lessons from Scandinavia
by Botten, Grete & Grepperud, Sverre & Nerland, Solve Mikal
- 329-337 China's evolving health care market: how doctors feel and what they think
by Lim, Meng-Kin & Yang, Hui & Zhang, Tuohong & Zhou, Zijun & Feng, Wen & Chen, Yude
- 339-349 Measuring financial protection in health in the United States
by Waters, Hugh R. & Anderson, Gerard F. & Mays, Jim
- 351-364 Women, men and public health--how the choice of normative theory affects resource allocation
by Mansdotter, Anna & Lindholm, Lars & Ohman, Ann
- 365-373 Implementation of the project `Support and Consultation on Euthanasia in The Netherlands' (SCEN)
by Jansen-van der Weide, Marijke Catharina & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje Dorien & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 375-388 Gender and the utilisation of health services in the Ashanti Region, Ghana
by Buor, Daniel
- 389-401 A study of malaria care provider choice in Ghana
by Dzator, Janet & Asafu-Adjaye, John
- 403-408 Impact of the European Union enlargement on health professionals and health care systems
by Avgerinos, Efthimios D. & Koupidis, Sotirios A. & Filippou, Dimitrios K.
August 2004, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 135-137 U.S. health policy: time for action on the uninsured
by Davis, Karen & Collins, Sara R.
- 139-149 Perceptions and experiences of health care seeking and access to TB care--a qualitative study in Rural Jiangsu Province, China
by Xu, B. & Fochsen, G. & Xiu, Y. & Thorson, A. & Kemp, J. R. & Jiang, Q. W.
- 151-157 The cerivastatin withdrawal crisis: a "post-mortem" analysis
by Maggini, Marina & Raschetti, Roberto & Traversa, Giuseppe & Bianchi, Clara & Caffari, Bruno & Da Cas, Roberto & Panei, Pietro
- 159-167 The association of race and ethnicity with rates of drug and alcohol testing among US trauma patients
by Kon, Alexander A. & Pretzlaff, Robert K. & Marcin, James P.
- 169-178 Improving health care for adult survivors of childhood cancer: recommendations from a delphi panel of health policy experts
by Mertens, Ann C. & Cotter, Kelly L. & Foster, Barbara M. & Zebrack, Brad J. & Hudson, Melissa M. & Eshelman, Debra & Loftis, Lauren & Sozio, Margaret & Oeffinger, Kevin C.
- 179-187 Association of hospital resource use with comorbidity status and patient age among hip fracture patients in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Oh, Eunhwan & Kuwabara, Kazuaki & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Harada, Yoshiaki
- 189-200 Estimating resource needs for HIV/AIDS health care services in low-income and middle-income countries
by Bertozzi, Stefano & Gutierrez, Juan-Pablo & Opuni, Marjorie & Walker, Neff & Schwartlander, Bernhard
- 201-213 Introducing co-ordinated care (1): a randomised trial assessing client and cost outcomes
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E. & Day, Neil Atherton & Robertson, Iain & Hawthorne, Graeme
- 215-228 Introducing coordinated care (2): evaluation of design features and implementation processes implications for a preferred health system reform model
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E.
- 229-238 Consumer involvement in research projects: the activities of research funders
by O'Donnell, Maire & Entwistle, Vikki
- 239-252 Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey
by Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van
- 253-268 A consumer involvement model for health technology assessment in Canada
by Pivik, Jayne & Rode, Elisabeth & Ward, Christopher
July 2004, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-10 Setting priorities for research
by Fleurence, Rachael L. & Torgerson, David J.
- 11-19 Association of hospital ownership with patient transfers to outpatient care under a prospective payment system in Taiwan
by Lin, Herng-Ching & Xirasagar, Sudha & Kao, Senyeong
- 21-31 Contracting for health services in a public health system: the New Zealand experience
by Ashton, Toni & Cumming, Jacqueline & McLean, Janet
- 33-43 Networks for integrated care provision: an economic approach based on opportunism and trust
by Meijboom, Bert & de Haan, Job & Verheyen, Piet
- 45-53 The feasibility of community-based health insurance in Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & Mugisha, Frederick & Gbangou, Adjima & Kouyate, Bocar & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 55-72 Technical efficiency in the use of health care resources: a comparison of OECD countries
by Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna & Chang, Cyril F. & Rubin, Rose M.
- 73-82 The relative importance of leadership and payment system: Effects on quality of care and work environment
by Forsberg, Ewa & Axelsson, Runo & Arnetz, Bengt
- 83-92 Shifting the burden of health care finance: a case study of public-private partnership in Singapore
by Lim, Meng-Kin
- 93-100 Describing Chinese hospital activity with diagnosis related groups (DRGs): A case study in Chengdu
by Gong, Zhiping & Duckett, Stephen J. & Legge, David G. & Pei, Likun
- 101-116 The healthcare experiences of Arab Israeli women in a reformed healthcare system
by Elnekave, Eldad & Gross, Revital
- 117-130 Pakistan's maternal and child health policy: analysis, lessons and the way forward
by Siddiqi, S. & Haq, I. U. & Ghaffar, A. & Akhtar, T. & Mahaini, R.
June 2004, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 263-266 The 2-week rule for patients with suspected breast cancer: what can be learnt by analysing policy documents?
by Cornford, Charles S. & Oswald, Nigel
- 267-275 Lessons from Korea's pharmaceutical policy reform: the separation of medical institutions and pharmacies for outpatient care
by Kim, Han Joong & Chung, Woojin & Lee, Sang Gyu
- 277-287 Changes in drug utilization following the outpatient prescription drug cost-sharing program--evidence from Taiwan's elderly
by Liu, Shuen-Zen & Romeis, James C.
- 289-298 Comparing willingness-to-pay: bidding game format versus open-ended and payment scale formats
by Frew, Emma J. & Wolstenholme, Jane L. & Whynes, David K.
- 299-307 Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia
by Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L.
- 309-320 The desire for support and respite care: preferences of Dutch informal caregivers
by Koopmanschap, M. A. & van Exel, N. J. A. & van den Bos, G. A. M. & van den Berg, B. & Brouwer, W. B. F.
- 321-332 Public policy and smoking cessation among young adults in the United States
by Tauras, John A.
- 333-344 A large proportion of Swedish citizens refrain from seeking medical care--lack of confidence in the medical services a plausible explanation?
by Westin, Marcus & Ahs, Annika & Brand Persson, Kristina & Westerling, Ragnar
- 345-352 The predictability of individual primary care costs and its impact on managed care plans
by Demers, Marie
- 353-357 Impact of national health care systems on patient evaluations of general practice in Europe
by Wensing, Michel & Baker, Richard & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Grol, Richard AU -
- 359-372 Managing under managed community care: the experiences of clients, providers and managers in Ontario's competitive home care sector
by Abelson, Julia & Gold, Sara Tedford & Woodward, Christel & O'Connor, Denise & Hutchison, Brian
- 373-384 Reserved procedures in dutch hospitals: knowledge, experiences and views of physicians and nurses
by de Bie, J. & Cuperus-Bosma, J. M. & Gevers, J. K. M. & van der Wal, G.
- 385-384 Erratum to "Gender's effect on willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso" [Health Policy 64 (2003) 153-162]
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Snow, Rachel & Mugisha, Frederick & Sauerborn, Rainer
May 2004, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 129-142 Universal health care for Colombians 10 years after Law 100: challenges and opportunities
by Rosa, Rodriguez-Monguio & Alberto, Infante Campos
- 143-158 A consumer-based tool for evaluating the quality of health services in the Israeli health care system following reform
by Gross, Revital
- 159-168 Relationship between hospital structural level and length of stay outliers: Implications for hospital payment systems
by Cots, Francesc & Mercade, Lluc & Castells, Xavier & Salvador, Xavier
- 169-181 Auto Action Learning: a tool for policy change: Building capacity across the developing regional system to improve health in the North East of England
by Learmonth, Alyson & Pedler, Mike
- 183-196 Day surgery and hospital efficiency: empirical analysis of Norwegian hospitals, 1999-2001
by Martinussen, Pal E. & Midttun, Linda
- 197-209 The impact of urban health insurance reform on hospital charges: a case study from two cities in China
by Meng, Qingyue & Rehnberg, Clas & Zhuang, Ning & Bian, Ying & Tomson, Goran & Tang, Shenglan
- 211-222 Spatial pattern of private health care provision in Ujjain, India: a provider survey processed and analysed with a Geographical Information System
by Deshpande, Kirti & RaviShankar & Diwan, Vishal & Lonnroth, Knut & Mahadik, Vijay Kumar & Chandorkar, Ram Krishna
- 223-232 Trends in geographic disparities in allocation of health care resources in the US
by Horev, Tuvia & Pesis-Katz, Irena & Mukamel, Dana B.
- 233-244 Increased excess deaths in urban areas: quantification of geographical variation in mortality in Japan, 1973-1998
by Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 245-255 Population-based health indexes: a systematic review
by Kaltenthaler, Eva & Maheswaran, Ravi & Beverley, Catherine
April 2004, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-15 From Corporate Governance To Hospital Governance.: Authority, transparency and accountability of Belgian non-profit hospitals' board and management
by Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur
- 17-30 Universal health coverage in Thailand: ideas for reform and policy struggling
by Pannarunothai, Supasit & Patmasiriwat, Direk & Srithamrongsawat, Samrit
- 31-36 A note on a discussion group study of public preferences regarding priorities in the allocation of donor kidneys
by Dolan, Paul & Shaw, Rebecca
- 37-46 Equality or equity in health care access: a qualitative study of doctors' explanations to a longer doctor's delay among female TB patients in Vietnam
by Thorson, A. & Johansson, E.
- 47-54 The effect of generic competition on the price of brand-name drugs
by Lexchin, Joel
- 55-61 Experiences of foreign European nurses in The Netherlands
by de Veer, Anke & den Ouden, Dirk-Jan & Francke, Anneke
- 63-79 The welfare state as a determinant of women's health: support for women's quality of life in Canada and four comparison nations
by Raphael, Dennis & Bryant, Toba
- 81-92 Adoption of innovations by specialised nurses: personal, work and organisational characteristics
by van der Weide, Marian & Smits, Jeroen
- 93-102 Malaria incidence in rural Benin: does economics matter in endemic area?
by Mensah, Omer A. & Kumaranayake, Lilani
- 103-112 Health sector policy in the first decade of Nepal's multiparty democracy: Does clear enunciation of health priorities matter?
by Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Maskay, Nephil Matangi
- 113-121 The Pharmacy-based Cost Group model: validating and adjusting the classification of medications for chronic conditions to the Dutch situation
by Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A.
March 2004, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 241-244 1978: A good year, but a vintage past its best
by Rhodes, Grant
- 245-255 Globalisation and local power: influences on health matters in South Africa
by Gilbert, Tal & Gilbert, Leah
- 257-264 Use of deceptive tactics in physician practices: are there differences between international and US medical graduates?
by Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Dow, William H. & Wang, Virginia & VanGeest, Jonathan B.
- 265-269 Prevalence of anti-HAV and anti-HEV antibodies in Konya, Turkey
by Atabek, M. Emre & Fyndyk, Duygu & Gulyuz, Abdulgani & Erkul, Ibrahim
- 271-280 Equity in resource allocation in the Irish health service: A policy Delphi study
by O'Loughlin, Rosalyn & Kelly, Alan
- 281-291 Financing and planning of public and private not-for-profit hospitals in the European Union
by Thompson, Ceri R. & McKee, Martin
- 293-307 Comparing systems for costing hospital treatments: The case of stable angina pectoris
by Larsen, Jytte & Skjoldborg, Ulla Slothuus
- 309-322 Inequities in access to medical care in five countries: findings from the 2001 Commonwealth Fund International Health Policy Survey
by Schoen, Cathy & Doty, Michelle M.
- 323-328 MMR mass vaccination campaigns, vaccine-related adverse events, and the limits of the decision making process, in Brazil
by Cunha, Sergio C. & Dourado, Ines
- 329-343 Changing health in China: re-evaluating the epidemiological transition model
by Cook, Ian G. & Dummer, Trevor J. B.
February 2004, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 119-127 Improving health security: a pilot study from Finland linking disability and health expenditures
by Vohlonen, Ilkka & Ihalainen, Risto & Saltman, Richard B. & Karhunen, Taru & Palmunen, Juha & Kinnunen, Juha
- 129-136 Satisfaction with and access to community care of the chronically ill in Israel's health system
by Bentur, Netta & Gross, Revital & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 137-148 Accessibility and the Canadian health care system: squaring perceptions and realities
by Wilson, Kathi & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 149-165 Incentives and pharmaceutical reimbursement reforms in Spain
by Puig-Junoy, Jaume
- 167-172 South African Academic Health--the future challenge
by van Zyl, G. J.
- 173-186 Fend for yourself: Systemic failure in the Dominican health system
by La Forgia, Gerard & Levine, Ruth & Diaz, Arismendi & Rathe, Magdalena
- 187-194 Discounting in decision making: the consistency argument revisited empirically
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & van Exel, N. Job A.
- 195-206 Impact of the case payment reimbursement method on the utilization and costs of laparoscopic cholecystectomy
by Lang, Hui-Chu & Chi, Chunhuei & Liu, Chi-Ming
- 207-214 The organisation and development of primary care pharmacy in the United Kingdom
by Silcock, Jonathan & Raynor, D. K. Theo & Petty, Duncan
- 215-224 Using risk analysis in Health Impact Assessment: the impact of different relative risks for men and women in different socio-economic groups
by Nilunger, Louise & Diderichsen, Finn & Burstrom, Bo & Ostlin, Piroska
- 227-235 Is publicly funded health care really distributed according to need? The example of cardiac rehabilitation in the UK
by Raine, Rosalind & Hutchings, Andrew & Black, Nick
January 2004, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-13 Strategies and performance in hospitals
by Madorran Garcia, Cristina & de Val Pardo, Isabel
- 15-24 The policy analysis of `values talk': lessons from Canadian health reform
by Giacomini, Mita & Hurley, Jeremiah & Gold, Irving & Smith, Patricia & Abelson, Julia
- 25-37 County level responses to the introduction of DRG rates for "extended choice" hospital patients in Denmark
by Vrangbaek, Karsten & Bech, Mickael
- 39-55 Petro-state constraints on health policy: guidelines for workable reform in Venezuela
by Trujillo, Antonio J.
- 57-74 The impact of ageing on hospital care and long-term care--the example of Germany
by Schulz, Erika & Leidl, Reiner & Konig, Hans-Helmut
- 75-91 Co-payments in the Austrian social health insurance system: Analysing patient behaviour and patients' views on the effects of co-payments
by Reichmann, Gerhard & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
- 93-106 Patient care seeking barriers and tuberculosis programme reform: a qualitative study
by Needham, Dale M. & Bowman, Dennis & Foster, Susan D. & Godfrey-Faussett, Peter
- 107-113 Prescription of technical aids by general practitioners in the Netherlands
by Biermans, M. C. J. & Dekker, J. & van den Ende, C. H. M.
December 2003, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 215-228 A comparison of single- and multi-payer health insurance systems and options for reform
by Hussey, P. & Anderson, G. F.
- 229-238 Analysis of primary health care utilisation in south-western Finland--a tool for management
by Ovaskainen, P. T. & Rautava, P. T. & Ojanlatva, A. & Pakkila, J. K. & Paivarinta, R. M.
- 239-246 Analysis of hospital charges for ischemic stroke in Fukuoka, Japan
by Tu, Feng & Anan, Makoto & Kiyohara, Yutaka & Okada, Yasushi & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 247-260 The economics of public health: financing drug abuse treatment services
by Cartwright, William S. & Solano, Paul L.
- 261-275 Politicians' and hospital managers' trade-offs in the choice of reimbursement scheme: a discrete choice experiment
by Bech, Mickael
- 277-293 Measuring geographic inequities in the Portuguese health care system: an estimation of hospital care needs
by Oliveira, Monica Duarte & Bevan, Gwyn
- 295-303 Priority setting in a hospital drug formulary: a qualitative case study and evaluation
by Martin, Douglas K. & Hollenberg, Daniel & MacRae, Sue & Madden, Shannon & Singer, Peter
November 2003, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 123-134 Opinions on changes in the Romanian health care system from people's point of view: a descriptive study
by Bara, Ana-Claudia & van den Heuvel, W. J. A. & Maarse, J. A. M. & van Dijk, Jitse & de Witte, Luc P.
- 135-146 Assessing attitude towards prioritizing in healthcare in Iceland
by Oddsson, Kristjan
- 147-158 Long-term follow-up and consequences for severe road traffic injuries--treatment costs and health impairment in Sweden in the 1960s and the 1990s
by Maraste, Pia & Persson, Ulf & Berntman, Monica
- 159-168 How to minimize inappropriate utilization of Accident and Emergency Departments: improve the validity of classifying the general practice cases amongst the A&E attendees
by Lee, Albert & Hazlett, Clarke B. & Chow, S. & Lau, Fei-lung & Kam, Chak-wah & Wong, Patrick & Wong, Tai-wai
- 169-177 Drug reimbursement in Finland--a case of explicit prioritising in special categories
by Vuorenkoski, Lauri & Toiviainen, Hanna & Hemminki, Elina
- 179-197 The precautionary principle within European Union public health policy: The implementation of the principle under conditions of supranationality and citizenship
by Antonopoulou, Lila & van Meurs, Philip
- 199-211 The relationship between prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and stakeholder decision making in Uganda: implications for health policy
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Robbestad, Bjarne & Frithjof Norheim, Ole
October 2003, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-10 Focusing on changing clinical practice to enhance rational prescribing--collaboration and networking enable comprehensive approaches
by Helin-Salmivaara, Arja & Huupponen, Risto & Klaukka, Timo & Hoppu, Kalle
- 11-27 Nurse-led shared care diabetes projects: lessons from the nurses' viewpoint
by Eijkelberg, Irmgard M. J. G. & Spreeuwenberg, Cor & Wolffenbuttel, Bruce H. R. & van Wilderen, Loek J. G. P. & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid M.
- 29-49 How can we improve the quality of health care in Japan?: Learning from JCQHC Hospital Accreditation
by Hirose, Masahiro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Evans, Edward
- 51-59 General practitioners and their role in maternity care
by Wiegers, T. A.