December 2005, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 74-84 Closing the youth access gap: The projected health benefits and cost savings of a national policy to raise the legal smoking age to 21 in the United States
by Ahmad, Sajjad
- 85-98 Cost-effectiveness of an active implementation strategy for the Dutch physiotherapy guideline for low back pain
by Hoeijenbos, Margreet & Bekkering, Trudy & Lamers, Leida & Hendriks, Erik & van Tulder, Maurits & Koopmanschap, Marc
- 99-108 Income in large residential areas and premature mortality in six countries of the European Union
by Regidor, Enrique & Lostao, Lourdes & Pascual, Cruz & Martinez, David & Calle, M Elisa & Dominguez, Vicente
- 109-115 Strategic opportunities in the oversight of the U.S. hospital accreditation system
by Moffett, Maurice L. & Morgan, Robert O. & Ashton, Carol M.
November 2005, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 235-246 European prices of newly launched reimbursable pharmaceuticals - a pilot study
by Martikainen, Jaana & Kivi, Ismo & Linnosmaa, Ismo
- 247-260 Arsenic poisoning in Bangladesh: spatial mitigation planning with GIS and public participation
by Hassan, M. Manzurul
- 261-281 Converging patterns in hospital organization: beyond the professional bureaucracy
by Lega, Federico & DePietro, Carlo
- 282-286 Case-mix payment in Japanese medical care
by Okamura, Shinichi & Kobayashi, Ryota & Sakamaki, Tetsuo
- 287-303 The cost of epidemiological transition: A study of a decrease in pertussis vaccination coverage
by Girard, Dorota Zdanowska
- 304-313 Economic evaluation of HIV treatments: The I.CO.N.A. cohort study
by Merito, Monica & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo & Baio, Gianluca & Arici, Claudio & Monforte, Antonella D'Arminio & Pezzotti, Patrizio & Corsini, Dario & Tramarin, Andrea & Cauda, Roberto & Colangeli, Vincenzo & Pastore, Giuseppe
- 314-324 What happened to the care of older persons in Sweden?: A retrospective analysis based upon simulation model calculations, 1985-2000
by Lagergren, Marten
- 325-334 Whither care of older persons in Sweden?--a prospective analysis based upon simulation model calculations, 2000-2030
by Lagergren, Marten
- 335-342 Ambulatory care visits and quality of care: does the volume-control policy matter?
by Yeh, Shu-Chuan Jennifer & Lo, Ying-Ying & Wan, Thomas T.H.
- 343-355 Equity in health care prioritisation: An empirical inquiry into social value
by Stolk, Elly A. & Pickee, Stefan J. & Ament, Andre H.J.A. & Busschbach, Jan J.V.
October 2005, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 115-121 Characteristics of psychiatric hospitals associated with length of stay in Japan
by Imai, Hirohisa & Hosomi, Jun & Nakao, Hiroyuki & Tsukino, Hiromasa & Katoh, Takahiko & Itoh, Toshihiro & Yoshida, Takahiko
- 122-132 Implementing WHO DOTS strategy in the Russian Federation: stakeholder attitudes
by Atun, Rifat A. & Baeza, Juan & Drobniewski, Francis & Levicheva, Vera & Coker, Richard J.
- 133-145 Health care reform and change in public-private mix of financing: a Korean case
by Jeong, Hyoung-Sun
- 146-156 Cost-effectiveness analysis in relation to budgetary constraints and reallocative restrictions
by Adang, Eddy & Voordijk, Leo & Jan van der Wilt, Gert & Ament, Andre
- 157-166 When being `tired of living' plays an important role in a request for euthanasia or physician-assisted suicide: patient characteristics and the physician's decision
by Rurup, Mette L. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & Jansen-van der Weide, Marijke C. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 167-180 The "unexpected" growth of the private health sector in Greece
by Tountas, Yannis & Karnaki, Panagiota & Pavi, Elpida & Souliotis, Kyriakos
- 181-191 The economics of non-attendance and the expected effect of charging a fine on non-attendees
by Bech, Mickael
- 192-204 State policy affecting pain management: recent improvements and the positive impact of regulatory health policies
by Gilson, Aaron M. & Maurer, Martha A. & Joranson, David E.
- 205-217 An exploration of the social stigma of tuberculosis in five "municipios" of Nicaragua to reflect on local interventions
by Macq, Jean & Solis, Alejandro & Martinez, Guillermo & Martiny, Patrick & Dujardin, Bruno
- 218-223 Changes in the utilization of diagnostic codes in neonatology following the introduction of activity-based financing
by Hansen, Thor Willy Ruud
- 224-232 Implication of socio-economic status on the prevalence of overweight and obesity in Greek adults: the ATTICA study
by Manios, Yannis & Panagiotakos, Demosthenes B. & Pitsavos, Christos & Polychronopoulos, Evangelos & Stefanadis, Christodoulos
September 2005, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 1-12 Explicit rationing of elective services: implementing the New Zealand reforms
by Dew, Kevin & Cumming, Jacqueline & McLeod, Deborah & Morgan, Sonya & McKinlay, Eileen & Dowell, Anthony & Love, Tom
- 13-23 Why do health and social care providers co-operate?
by Raak, Arno van & Paulus, Aggie & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid
- 24-38 Inequity in the price of physician activity across surgical procedures
by Hayashida, Kenshi & Imanaka, Yuichi
- 39-45 Hepatitis A and B seropositivity among medical students
by Oncu, Serkan & Oncu, Selcen & Sakarya, Serhan
- 46-55 Comparison of cost accounting methods from different DRG systems and their effect on health care quality
by Leister, Jan Eric & Stausberg, Jurgen
- 56-68 Understanding the structure and practices of research ethics committees through research and audit: a study from Mexico
by Valdez-Martinez, Edith & Trumbull, Bernardo & Garduno-Espinosa, Juan & Porter, John David Henley
- 69-76 The effect of the market opening on trends in smoking rates in Taiwan
by Hsu, Chih Cheng & Levy, David Theodore & Wen, Chi Pang & Cheng, Ting Yuan & Tsai, Shan Pou & Chen, Ted & Eriksen, Michael P. & Shu, Chen Chun
- 77-84 Can we estimate the `social' value of a QALY?: Four core issues to resolve
by Smith, Richard D. & Richardson, Jeff
- 85-99 Process utility from providing informal care: the benefit of caring
by Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Exel, N. Job A. van & Berg, Bernard van den & Bos, Geertruidis A.M. van den & Koopmanschap, Marc A.
- 100-109 Gender role and child health care utilization in Nepal
by Pokhrel, Subhash & Snow, Rachel & Dong, Hengjin & Hidayat, Budi & Flessa, Steffen & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 109-111 Corrigendum to "Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study" [Health Policy 70 (2004) 33-48]
by Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
September 2005, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 237-252 Public participation in regional health policy: a theoretical framework
by Thurston, Wilfreda E. & MacKean, Gail & Vollman, Ardene & Casebeer, Ann & Weber, Myron & Maloff, Bretta & Bader, Judy
- 253-262 Using a population-based database to explore the inter-specialty differences in physician practice incomes in Taiwan
by Lin, Herng-Ching & Kao, Senyeong & Tang, Chao-Hsiun & Chang, Wen-Yin
- 263-271 Field based evidence of enhanced healthcare utilization among persons insured by micro health insurance units in Philippines
by Dror, David M. & Soriano, Elmer S. & Lorenzo, Marilyn E. & Sarol, Jesus Jr. & Azcuna, Rosebelle S. & Koren, Ruth
- 272-284 Is universal coverage a solution for disparities in health care?: Findings from three low-income provinces of Thailand
by Suraratdecha, Chutima & Saithanu, Somying & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj
- 285-293 Intersectoral problems in the Russian organisation of public health
by Axelsson, Runo & Bihari-Axelsson, Susanna
- 294-302 Message in a bottle: sinking in a sea of safe motherhood concepts
by Hussein, Julia & Clapham, Susan
- 303-315 The costs of interpersonal violence--an international review
by Waters, Hugh Richard & Hyder, Adnan Ali & Rajkotia, Yogesh & Basu, Suprotik & Butchart, Alexander
- 316-329 The decline in `free' general practitioner care in Australia: reasons and repercussions
by Hopkins, Sandra & Speed, Nathan
- 330-338 Reimbursement decisions in health policy--extending our understanding of the elements of decision-making
by Wirtz, Veronika & Cribb, Alan & Barber, Nick
- 339-351 Are the health Millennium Development Goals appropriate for Eastern Europe and Central Asia?
by Rechel, Bernd & Shapo, Laidon & McKee, Martin
August 2005, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 127-138 Health systems factors influencing maternal health services: a four-country comparison
by Parkhurst, Justin Oliver & Penn-Kekana, Loveday & Blaauw, Duane & Balabanova, Dina & Danishevski, Kirill & Rahman, Syed Azizur & Onama, Virgil & Ssengooba, Freddie
- 139-150 Evaluating the health benefits and cost-effectiveness of the radon remediation programme in domestic properties in Northamptonshire, UK
by Denman, Antony & Groves-Kirkby, Christopher & Coskeran, Thomas & Parkinson, Steven & Phillips, Paul & Tornberg, Roges
- 151-159 Partnership for the heart: German-Estonian health project for the treatment of congenital heart defects in Estonia
by Kohler, Friedrich & Schierbaum, Clausjurgen & Konertz, Wolfgang & Schneider, Martin & Kern, Hartmut & Int, Eve & Tael, Kristi & Siigur, Urmas & Kleinfeld, Klaus & Buhlmeyer, Konrad & Fotuhi, Parwis & Winter, Stefan Frank
- 160-171 Payment mechanisms and prescriptions in four Thai hospitals
by Bryant, John & Prohmmo, Aree
- 172-182 Caring externalities in health economic evaluation: how are they related to severity of illness?
by Jacobsson, Fredric & Carstensen, John & Borgquist, Lars
- 183-193 Health care resource allocation and individuals' health care needs: examining the degree of fit
by Litaker, David & Love, Thomas Ezra
- 194-201 Use of cervical cancer screening among insured women: the extent of missed opportunities
by Chattopadhyay, Sajal K. & Ebrahim, Shahul H. & Tao, Guoyu & McKenna, Matthew T.
- 202-211 Hospital cost of ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage in Japanese stroke centers
by Yoneda, Yukihiro & Okuda, Satoshi & Hamada, Rikuzo & Toyota, Akihiro & Gotoh, Jun & Watanabe, Manabu & Okada, Yasushi & Ikeda, Kiyonobu & Ibayashi, Setsuro & Hasegawa, Yasuhiro
- 212-227 Decentralisation and TB control in Nepal: understanding the views of TB control staff
by Newell, James Nicholas & Collins, Charles D & Baral, Sushil C & Omar, Maye A & Pande, Shanta B
- 228-234 Evaluating daily nursing use and needs in the intensive care unit: a method to assess the rate and appropriateness of ICU resource use
by Iapichino, G. & Radrizzani, D. & Pezzi, A. & Assi, E. & Mauro, P. Di & Mistraletti, G. & Porta, F.
July 2005, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-9 The prevalence of smoking among pregnant and postpartum women in Israel: a national survey and review
by Fisher, Nirah & Amitai, Yona & Haringman, Miri & Meiraz, Hana & Baram, Nira & Leventhal, Alex
- 10-20 Hospital priority setting with an appeals process: a qualitative case study and evaluation
by Madden, Shannon & Martin, Douglas K. & Downey, Sarah & Singer, Peter A.
- 21-40 Patient incompetence and substitute decision-making: an analysis of the role of the health care professional in Dutch law
by Welie, Sander P.K. & Dute, Joseph & Nys, Herman & van Wijmen, Frans C.B.
- 41-51 Theory and practice of waiting time data as a performance indicator in health care: A case study from The Netherlands
by Stoop, Arjen P. & Vrangbaek, Karsten & Berg, Marc
- 52-57 Actual and estimated costs of disposable materials used during surgical procedures
by Toyabe, Shin-ichi & Cao, Pengyu & Kurashima, Sachiko & Nakayama, Yukiko & Ishii, Yuko & Hosoyama, Noriko & Akazawa, Kouhei
- 58-65 Physicians and the prescription of hormone replacement therapy in Spain
by Bermejo, Maria Jose & Perez, Isabel Ruiz
- 66-77 An analysis of job satisfaction among physician assistants in Taiwan
by Liu, Chi-Ming & Chien, Ching-Wen & Chou, Pesus & Liu, Jorn-Hon & Chen, Victor Tze-Kai & Wei, Jeng & Kuo, Ying-Yu & Lang, Hui-Chu
- 78-91 Criteria and procedures for determining benefit packages in health care: A comparative perspective
by Gre[ss], Stefan & Niebuhr, Dea & Rothgang, Heinz & Wasem, Jurgen
- 92-103 Ear to the ground: listening to farm dwellers talk about the experience of becoming lay health workers
by Daniels, Karen & Van Zyl H, Hendrien & Clarke, Marina & Dick, Judy & Johansson, Eva
- 104-123 The management for tuberculosis control in Greater London in comparison with that in Osaka City: lessons for improvement of TB control management in Osaka City urban setting
by Ohkado, Akihiro & Williams, Gini & Ishikawa, Nobukatsu & Shimouchi, Akira & Simon, Carter
June 2005, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 261-264 Globalisation, health policy and the exercise of power--a second opinion on Gilbert and Gilbert (2004)
by Thomas, Steve & Thiede, Michael
- 265-278 Public opinion on alcohol service at licensed premises: a population survey in Stockholm, Sweden 1999-2000
by Wallin, Eva & Andreasson, Sven
- 279-291 SARS in Singapore: surveillance strategies in a globalising city
by Teo, Peggy & Yeoh, Brenda S.A. & Ong, Shir Nee
- 293-300 The effects of patient cost sharing on ambulatory utilization in South Korea
by Kim, Jiyun & Ko, Sukyoung & Yang, Bongmin
- 301-310 Heterogeneities in the production of health: smoking, health status and place
by Birch, Stephen & Jerrett, Michael & Wilson, Kathi & Law, Michael & Elliott, Susan & Eyles, John
- 311-320 The global-local dilemma of a Ministry of Health: Experiences from Uganda
by Jeppsson, Anders & Birungi, Harriet & Ostergren, Per-Olof & Hagstrom, Bo
- 321-332 Provider type and depression treatment adequacy
by Kniesner, Thomas J. & Powers, Regina H. & Croghan, Thomas W.
- 333-349 The relevance and prospects of advancing tobacco control in Indonesia
by Achadi, Anhari & Soerojo, Widyastuti & Barber, Sarah
- 351-358 Voluntary or compulsory health care reform?: The case of primary care organisations in Scotland
by Simoens, Steven & Scott, Anthony
- 359-366 Administrative and financial responsibilities for sheltered housing for mentally ill and handicapped persons in Germany and its impact on housing supply
by Bramesfeld, Anke & Holler, Gerhard
- 367-379 Medical savings accounts and the Canada health act: complimentary or contradictory
by Byrne, Joseph M. & Rathwell, Thomas
May 2005, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 129-139 The politics of childbirth in the context of conflict: policies or de facto practices?
by Giacaman, Rita & Wick, Laura & Abdul-Rahim, Hanan & Wick, Livia
- 141-148 Cancer treatment at home or in the hospital: what are the costs for French public health insurance?: Findings of a comprehensive-cancer centre
by Raphael, Remonnay & Yves, Devaux & Giselle, Chvetzoff & Magali, Morelle & Odile, Carrere Marie
- 149-156 Inequality in willingness-to-pay for community-based health insurance
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Cairns, John & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 157-164 Improvement in maternal health literacy among pregnant women who did not complete compulsory education: policy implications for community care services
by Ohnishi, Mayumi & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 165-173 The integration of medical specialists in hospitals. Dutch hospitals and medical specialists on the road to joint regulation
by Scholten, Gerard R.M. & Grinten, TED van der
- 175-185 Living donor liver transplantation: the historical and cultural basis of policy decisions and ongoing ethical questions
by Northup, Patrick Grant & Berg, Carl Lansing
- 187-200 Equity in utilization of cancer inpatient services by income classes
by Kim, Chul-Woung & Lee, Sang-Yi & Hong, Seong-Chul
- 201-215 Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries
by Siciliani, Luigi & Hurst, Jeremy
- 217-232 Researching income and income distribution as determinants of health in Canada: gaps between theoretical knowledge, research practice, and policy implementation
by Raphael, Dennis & Macdonald, Jennifer & Colman, Ronald & Labonte, Ronald & Hayward, Karen & Torgerson, Renee
- 233-243 Primary care teams: New Zealand's experience with community-governed non-profit primary care
by Crampton, Peter & Davis, Peter & Lay-Yee, Roy
- 245-252 Do online pharmacies fit European internal markets?
by Makinen, Mia Maria & Rautava, Paivi Tuire & Forsstrom, Jari Johannes
April 2005, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-8 Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis at basic health care facilities in rural Vietnam: a survey of knowledge and reported practices among health staff
by Hoa, Nguyen Phuong & Diwan, Vinod Kumar & Thorson, Anna Eva-Karin
- 9-23 Reducing health disparities through primary care reform: the New Zealand experiment
by Hefford, Martin & Crampton, Peter & Foley, Jon
- 25-40 Rural perspectives on HIV/AIDS prevention: a comparative study of Thailand and Ghana
by Aheto, Denis Worlanyo & Gbesemete, Kwame Prosper
- 41-52 Private and public cross-subsidization: financing Beijing's health-insurance reform
by Wu, Ming & Xin, Ying & Wang, Huihui & Yu, Wei
- 53-63 Pharmaceutical policy in Italy: towards a structural change?
by Ghislandi, Simone & Krulichova, Iva & Garattini, Livio
- 65-71 Does hospital discharge policy influence sick-leave patterns in the case of female breast cancer?
by Lindqvist, Rikard & Stenbeck, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn
- 73-80 Gender-related differences in general practice preferences: longitudinal evidence from the Netherlands 1982-2001
by Mayorova, Tanja & Stevens, Fred & Scherpbier, Albert & Velden, Lud van der & Zee, Jouke van der
- 81-91 The decision-making process of health care utilization in Mexico
by Brown, Cynthia J. & Pagan, Jose A. & Rodriguez-Oreggia, Eduardo
- 93-104 What lessons can de drawn from tuberculosis (TB) Control in China in the 1990s?: An analysis from a health system perspective
by Tang, Shenglan & Squire, Stephen Bertel
- 105-117 Findings from a survey on GIS use in the UK National Health Service: organisational challenges and opportunities
by Higgs, Gary & Smith, Darren P. & Gould, Myles I.
- 119-124 Seroepidemiology of varicella-zoster virus infection in a cosmopolitan city (Erzurum) in the eastern Turkey
by Alp, Handan & Altinkaynak, Sevin & Ertekin, Vildan & Kilicaslan, Buket & Giiraksin, Asuman
March 2005, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 271-287 The private demand for an AIDS vaccine in Thailand
by Suraratdecha, Chutima & Ainsworth, Martha & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Whittington, Dale
- 289-301 Evaluating and planning ICUs: methods and approaches to differentiate between need and demand
by Wild, Claudia & Narath, Markus
- 303-313 Measuring health status: information for primary care decision making
by Kind, Paul & Hardman, Geoff & Leese, Brenda
- 315-331 A review and comparison of classification algorithms for medical decision making
by Harper, Paul R.
- 333-346 Supervision in social health insurance: a four country study
by Maarse, Hans & Paulus, Aggie & Kuiper, Gerard
- 347-357 Creating conditions for greater private sector participation in achieving contraceptive security
by Sharma, Suneeta & Dayaratna, Varuni
- 359-373 A comparison of patient characteristics and rehabilitation treatment content of chronic low back pain (CLBP) and stroke patients across six European countries
by Engbers, L. H. & Vollenbroek-Hutten, M. M. R. & van Harten, W. H.
- 375-382 Public health care under pressure in sub-Saharan Africa
by Streefland, Pieter
- 383-397 Socio-economic and geographic differentials in costs and payment strategies for primary healthcare services in Southeast Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Uzochukwu, Benjamin
February 2005, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 133-149 Regulatory control of Chinese Proprietary Medicines in Singapore
by Yee, Shen-Kuan & Chu, Swee-Seng & Xu, Yi-Min & Choo, Peck-Lin
- 151-159 Evaluating the comparability of different grouping schemes for mortality and morbidity
by Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Jen, Ian & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Chang, Hong-Jen
- 161-180 A systems approach to malaria control: an institutional perspective
by Temel, Tugrul
- 181-193 Drug coverage in Canada: who is at risk?
by Kapur, Vishnu & Basu, Kisalaya
- 195-204 Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis
by Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris
- 205-212 Role of clinical, patient-reported outcome and medico-economic studies in the public hospital drug formulary decision-making process: results of a European survey
by Hasle-Pham, Elodie & Arnould, Benoit & Spath, Hans-Martin & Follet, Alain & Duru, Gerard & Marquis, Patrick
- 213-222 Tobacco consumption patterns and its health implications in India
by John, Rijo M.
- 223-232 Patient safety -- how much is enough?
by Warburton, Rebecca Nunn
- 233-241 A lay prescription for tailor-made drugs--focus group reflections on pharmacogenomics
by Almarsdottir, Anna Birna & Bjornsdottir, Ingunn & Traulsen, Janine Morgall
- 243-253 Facilitators and barriers in the implementation of the meeting centres model for people with dementia and their carers
by Meiland, Franka J.M. & Droes, Rose-Marie & Lange, Jacomine de & Vernooij-Dassen, Myrra J.F.J.
- 255-264 The relationship between HAART use and employment for HIV-positive individuals: an empirical analysis and policy outlook
by Bernell, Stephanie Lazarus & Shinogle, Judith Ann
- 265-264 Erratum to "Auto Action Learning: a tool for policy change building capacity across the developing regional system to improve health in the North East of England" [Health Policy 68 (2004) 169-181]
by Learmonth, Alyson & Pedler, Mike
January 2005, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-21 Healthcare reform implementation: stakeholders and their roles--the Israeli experience
by Horev, Tuvia & Babad, Yair M.
- 23-42 The macro determinants of health expenditure in the United States and Canada: assessing the impact of income, age distribution and time
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 43-56 A cost-effectiveness analysis of domestic radon remediation in four primary care trusts located in Northamptonshire, UK
by Coskeran, Thomas & Denman, Antony & Phillips, Paul & Tornberg, Roger
- 57-65 The consistency of panelists' appropriateness ratings: do experts produce clinically logical scores for rectal cancer treatment?
by Hodgson, David C. & Brierley, James D. & Cernat, Geta & Bondy, Susan & Slaughter, Pamela M. & Pinfold, S. Patricia & Paszat, Lawrence F.
- 67-81 Health care seeking behaviour and utilisation of traditional healers in Kalabo, Zambia
by Stekelenburg, Jelle & Jager, Bastiaan E. & Kolk, Pascal R. & Westen, Esther H. M. N. & Kwaak, Anke van der & Wolffers, Ivan N.
- 83-96 Why neoliberal health reforms have failed in Latin America
by Homedes, Nuria & Ugalde, Antonio
- 97-106 Postpolio syndrome: a challenge to the health-care system
by Bouza, Carmen & Munoz, Ana & Amate, Jose Maria
- 107-115 Quality based social insurance coverage and payment of the application of a high cost medical therapy: the case of spinal cord stimulation for chronic non-oncologic pain in The Netherlands
by Beersen, Nicoline & Redekop, W. Ken & de Bruijn, J.H. Bart & Theuvenet, Peter J. & Berg, Marc & Klazinga, Niek S.
- 117-125 "Interaction" and research utilisation in health policies and programs: does it work?
by Kothari, Anita & Birch, Stephen & Charles, Cathy
- 127-125 Corrigendum to "Culturally and linguistically appropriate health care for racial or ethnic minorities: analysis of the US Office of Minority Health's recommended standards" [Health Policy 62 (2002) 211-221]
by Shaw-Taylor, Yoku
December 2004, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 261-270 Using burden of disease/cost-effectiveness as an instrument for district health planning: experiences from Uganda
by Jeppsson, Anders & Okuonzi, Sam Agatre & Ostergren, Per-Olof & Hagstrom, Bo
- 271-279 Resource allocation equity in northeastern Mexico
by Rocha, Georgina Mayela Nunez & Martinez, Ana Maria Salinas & Rios, Enrique Villarreal & Elizondo, Ma. Eugenia Garza
- 281-290 Consumer involvement in decisions about what health-related research is funded
by O'Donnell, Maire & Entwistle, Vikki
- 291-301 Ulysses directives in The Netherlands: opinions of psychiatrists and clients
by Varekamp, I.
- 303-325 Primary health care in practice: is it effective?
by Lewis, Maureen & Eskeland, Gunnar & Traa-Valerezo, Ximena
- 327-345 Global public health mandates in a diverse world: the polio eradication initiative and the expanded programme on immunization in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Razum, Oliver
November 2004, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 137-149 Can the value choices in DALYs influence global priority-setting?
by Arnesen, Trude & Kapiriri, Lydia
- 151-162 Female genital mutilation, asylum seekers and refugees: the need for an integrated European Union agenda
by Powell, Richard A. & Leye, Els & Jayakody, Amanda & Mwangi-Powell, Faith N. & Morison, Linda
- 163-174 Ability to pay for maternal health services: what will it take to meet who standards?
by Prata, Ndola & Greig, Fiona & Walsh, Julia & West, Anna
- 175-184 Pricing health services for purchasers--a review of methods and experiences
by Waters, Hugh R. & Hussey, Peter
- 185-195 Application of a single sampling plan for auditing medical-claim payments made by Taiwan National Health Insurance
by Fu, Hwai-Hui & Tsai, Hsien-Tang & Lin, Ching-Wei & Wei, Duan
- 197-206 Utilization of maternal care in rural HeBei Province, the People's Republic of China: individual and structural characteristics
by Anson, Ofra
- 207-216 Willingness to pay for avoiding coronary restenosis and repeat revascularization: results from a contingent valuation study
by Greenberg, Dan & Bakhai, Ameet & Neumann, Peter J. & Cohen, David J.
- 217-228 Willingness to pay for public health care: a comparison of two approaches
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Kidholm, Kristian & Donaldson, Cam & Shackley, Phil
- 229-241 The role of research in a technical assistance agency: the case of the `German Agency for Technical Co-operation'
by Horchler, S. & Gerhardus, A. & Schmidt-Ehry, G. & Schmidt-Ehry, B. & Korte, R. & Mitra, S. K. & Sauerborn, R.
- 243-254 Restaurant owner perceptions of the effects of a smoking ban
by Hammar, Henrik
- 255-256 The significance of the Cancun (non)outcome for the health sector
by Singh, Alaka & Stilwell, Barbara
October 2004, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-10 "Brain drain" of health professionals: from rhetoric to responsible action
by Martineau, Tim & Decker, Karola & Bundred, Peter
- 11-22 Making sense of social capital, health and policy
by Shortt, S. E. D.
- 23-32 Delivering generics without regulatory incentives?: Empirical evidence from French general practitioners about willingness to prescribe international non-proprietary names
by Paraponaris, A. & Verger, P. & Desquins, B. & Villani, P. & Bouvenot, G. & Rochaix, L. & Gourheux, J. C. & Moatti, J. P. AU -
- 33-48 Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study
by Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F.
- 49-66 Medical savings accounts in a universal system: wishful thinking meets evidence
by Deber, Raisa B. & Forget, Evelyn L. & Roos, Leslie L.
- 67-83 Household tobacco and alcohol use, and child health: an exploratory study from India
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Jha, Prabhat & Peters, David H. & Nguyen, Son Nam
- 85-96 Cost-benefit analysis of Helicobacter pylori screening
by Leivo, T. & Salomaa, A. & Kosunen, T. U. & Tuominen, R. & Farkkila, M. & Linna, M. & Sintonen, H.
- 97-108 Can community health insurance schemes shield the poor against the downside health effects of economic reforms? The case of rural ethiopia
by Asfaw, Abay & Braun, Joachim von
- 109-123 Out-of-pocket and informal payments in health sector: evidence from Georgia
by Belli, Paolo & Gotsadze, George & Shahriari, Helen
- 125-131 Towards improving the co-ordination of supportive cancer care services in the community
by Brazil, Kevin & Whelan, Tim & O'Brien, Mary Ann & Sussman, Jonathan & Pyette, Nancy & Bainbridge, Daryl
September 2004, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 273-281 Determinants of caesarean section in Egypt: evidence from the demographic and health survey
by Khawaja, Marwan & Kabakian-Khasholian, Tamar & Jurdi, Rozzet
- 283-291 Opposition to unpopular research results: Finnish professional reactions to the WHI findings
by Hemminki, Elina
- 293-303 Estimation of the impact of providing outpatients with information about SARS infection control on their intention of outpatient visit
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Kizu, Minoru & Inoue, Akihiro & Sugie, Susumu
- 305-315 Economic benefit from clinical practice guideline compliance in stroke patient management
by Quaglini, Silvana & Cavallini, Anna & Gerzeli, Simone & Micieli, Giuseppe AU -
- 317-327 Trading patients: Lessons from Scandinavia
by Botten, Grete & Grepperud, Sverre & Nerland, Solve Mikal
- 329-337 China's evolving health care market: how doctors feel and what they think
by Lim, Meng-Kin & Yang, Hui & Zhang, Tuohong & Zhou, Zijun & Feng, Wen & Chen, Yude
- 339-349 Measuring financial protection in health in the United States
by Waters, Hugh R. & Anderson, Gerard F. & Mays, Jim
- 351-364 Women, men and public health--how the choice of normative theory affects resource allocation
by Mansdotter, Anna & Lindholm, Lars & Ohman, Ann
- 365-373 Implementation of the project `Support and Consultation on Euthanasia in The Netherlands' (SCEN)
by Jansen-van der Weide, Marijke Catharina & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje Dorien & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 375-388 Gender and the utilisation of health services in the Ashanti Region, Ghana
by Buor, Daniel
- 389-401 A study of malaria care provider choice in Ghana
by Dzator, Janet & Asafu-Adjaye, John
- 403-408 Impact of the European Union enlargement on health professionals and health care systems
by Avgerinos, Efthimios D. & Koupidis, Sotirios A. & Filippou, Dimitrios K.
August 2004, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 135-137 U.S. health policy: time for action on the uninsured
by Davis, Karen & Collins, Sara R.
- 139-149 Perceptions and experiences of health care seeking and access to TB care--a qualitative study in Rural Jiangsu Province, China
by Xu, B. & Fochsen, G. & Xiu, Y. & Thorson, A. & Kemp, J. R. & Jiang, Q. W.
- 151-157 The cerivastatin withdrawal crisis: a "post-mortem" analysis
by Maggini, Marina & Raschetti, Roberto & Traversa, Giuseppe & Bianchi, Clara & Caffari, Bruno & Da Cas, Roberto & Panei, Pietro
- 159-167 The association of race and ethnicity with rates of drug and alcohol testing among US trauma patients
by Kon, Alexander A. & Pretzlaff, Robert K. & Marcin, James P.
- 169-178 Improving health care for adult survivors of childhood cancer: recommendations from a delphi panel of health policy experts
by Mertens, Ann C. & Cotter, Kelly L. & Foster, Barbara M. & Zebrack, Brad J. & Hudson, Melissa M. & Eshelman, Debra & Loftis, Lauren & Sozio, Margaret & Oeffinger, Kevin C.
- 179-187 Association of hospital resource use with comorbidity status and patient age among hip fracture patients in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Oh, Eunhwan & Kuwabara, Kazuaki & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Harada, Yoshiaki
- 189-200 Estimating resource needs for HIV/AIDS health care services in low-income and middle-income countries
by Bertozzi, Stefano & Gutierrez, Juan-Pablo & Opuni, Marjorie & Walker, Neff & Schwartlander, Bernhard
- 201-213 Introducing co-ordinated care (1): a randomised trial assessing client and cost outcomes
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E. & Day, Neil Atherton & Robertson, Iain & Hawthorne, Graeme
- 215-228 Introducing coordinated care (2): evaluation of design features and implementation processes implications for a preferred health system reform model
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E.
- 229-238 Consumer involvement in research projects: the activities of research funders
by O'Donnell, Maire & Entwistle, Vikki
- 239-252 Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey
by Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van
- 253-268 A consumer involvement model for health technology assessment in Canada
by Pivik, Jayne & Rode, Elisabeth & Ward, Christopher
July 2004, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-10 Setting priorities for research
by Fleurence, Rachael L. & Torgerson, David J.
- 11-19 Association of hospital ownership with patient transfers to outpatient care under a prospective payment system in Taiwan
by Lin, Herng-Ching & Xirasagar, Sudha & Kao, Senyeong
- 21-31 Contracting for health services in a public health system: the New Zealand experience
by Ashton, Toni & Cumming, Jacqueline & McLean, Janet
- 33-43 Networks for integrated care provision: an economic approach based on opportunism and trust
by Meijboom, Bert & de Haan, Job & Verheyen, Piet
- 45-53 The feasibility of community-based health insurance in Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & Mugisha, Frederick & Gbangou, Adjima & Kouyate, Bocar & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 55-72 Technical efficiency in the use of health care resources: a comparison of OECD countries
by Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna & Chang, Cyril F. & Rubin, Rose M.
- 73-82 The relative importance of leadership and payment system: Effects on quality of care and work environment
by Forsberg, Ewa & Axelsson, Runo & Arnetz, Bengt
- 83-92 Shifting the burden of health care finance: a case study of public-private partnership in Singapore
by Lim, Meng-Kin
- 93-100 Describing Chinese hospital activity with diagnosis related groups (DRGs): A case study in Chengdu
by Gong, Zhiping & Duckett, Stephen J. & Legge, David G. & Pei, Likun
- 101-116 The healthcare experiences of Arab Israeli women in a reformed healthcare system
by Elnekave, Eldad & Gross, Revital
- 117-130 Pakistan's maternal and child health policy: analysis, lessons and the way forward
by Siddiqi, S. & Haq, I. U. & Ghaffar, A. & Akhtar, T. & Mahaini, R.
June 2004, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 263-266 The 2-week rule for patients with suspected breast cancer: what can be learnt by analysing policy documents?
by Cornford, Charles S. & Oswald, Nigel
- 267-275 Lessons from Korea's pharmaceutical policy reform: the separation of medical institutions and pharmacies for outpatient care
by Kim, Han Joong & Chung, Woojin & Lee, Sang Gyu
- 277-287 Changes in drug utilization following the outpatient prescription drug cost-sharing program--evidence from Taiwan's elderly
by Liu, Shuen-Zen & Romeis, James C.
- 289-298 Comparing willingness-to-pay: bidding game format versus open-ended and payment scale formats
by Frew, Emma J. & Wolstenholme, Jane L. & Whynes, David K.
- 299-307 Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia
by Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L.
- 309-320 The desire for support and respite care: preferences of Dutch informal caregivers
by Koopmanschap, M. A. & van Exel, N. J. A. & van den Bos, G. A. M. & van den Berg, B. & Brouwer, W. B. F.
- 321-332 Public policy and smoking cessation among young adults in the United States
by Tauras, John A.
- 333-344 A large proportion of Swedish citizens refrain from seeking medical care--lack of confidence in the medical services a plausible explanation?
by Westin, Marcus & Ahs, Annika & Brand Persson, Kristina & Westerling, Ragnar