Patient Empowerment and its neighbours: Clarifying the boundaries and their mutual relationships
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aujoulat, Isabelle & Marcolongo, Renzo & Bonadiman, Leopoldo & Deccache, Alain, 2008. "Reconsidering patient empowerment in chronic illness: A critique of models of self-efficacy and bodily control," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 1228-1239, March.
- O'Cathain, Alicia & Goode, Jackie & Luff, Donna & Strangleman, Tim & Hanlon, Gerard & Greatbatch, David, 2005. "Does NHS Direct empower patients?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(8), pages 1761-1771, October.
- Fox, N.J. & Ward, K.J. & O'Rourke, A.J., 2005. "The 'expert patient': empowerment or medical dominance? The case of weight loss, pharmaceutical drugs and the Internet," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 1299-1309, March.
- Smith, Sian K. & Dixon, Ann & Trevena, Lyndal & Nutbeam, Don & McCaffery, Kirsten J., 2009. "Exploring patient involvement in healthcare decision making across different education and functional health literacy groups," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 1805-1812, December.
- Jones, Ian Rees & Berney, Lee & Kelly, Moira & Doyal, Len & Griffiths, Chris & Feder, Gene & Hillier, Sheila & Rowlands, Gillian & Curtis, Sarah, 2004. "Is patient involvement possible when decisions involve scarce resources? A qualitative study of decision-making in primary care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 93-102, July.
- Segal, Leonie, 1998. "The importance of patient empowerment in health system reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-44, April.
- Anderson, Joan M., 1996. "Empowering patients: Issues and strategies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 697-705, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:120:y:2017:i:c:p:240-251 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:19:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s10198-018-0965-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPatient empowerment; Patient participation; Patient involvement; Patient activation; Patient engagement; Patient enablement;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:119:y:2015:i:3:p:384-394. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.