Internet use and the logics of personal empowerment in health
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dixon-Woods, Mary, 2001. "Writing wrongs? An analysis of published discourses about the use of patient information leaflets," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(9), pages 1417-1432, May.
- Fox, N.J. & Ward, K.J. & O'Rourke, A.J., 2005. "The 'expert patient': empowerment or medical dominance? The case of weight loss, pharmaceutical drugs and the Internet," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 1299-1309, March.
- Salmon, Peter & Hall, George M, 2003. "Patient empowerment and control: a psychological discourse in the service of medicine," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(10), pages 1969-1980, November.
- Cappelen, Alexander W. & Norheim, Ole Frithjof, 2006. "Responsibility, fairness and rationing in health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 312-319, May.
- Kelner, Merrijoy & Wellman, Beverly, 1997. "Health care and consumer choice: Medical and alternative therapies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 203-212, July.
- Bissell, Paul & May, Carl R. & Noyce, Peter R., 2004. "From compliance to concordance: barriers to accomplishing a re-framed model of health care interactions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 851-862, February.
- Radin, Patricia, 2006. ""To me, it's my life": Medical communication, trust, and activism in cyberspace," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 591-601, February.
- Segal, Leonie, 1998. "The importance of patient empowerment in health system reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-44, April.
- Anderson, Joan M., 1996. "Empowering patients: Issues and strategies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 697-705, September.
- Tritter, Jonathan Quetzal & McCallum, Alison, 2006. "The snakes and ladders of user involvement: Moving beyond Arnstein," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 156-168, April.
- Ziebland, Sue, 2004. "The importance of being expert: the quest for cancer information on the Internet," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 1783-1793, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Rosis, Sabina & Barsanti, Sara, 2016. "Patient satisfaction, e-health and the evolution of the patient–general practitioner relationship: Evidence from an Italian survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(11), pages 1279-1292.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:88:y:2008:i:1:p:130-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.